Ruben Del Rey

Your Lana Collection

Collection is starting off nicely. My Born to Die 2xLP arrived yesterday and I basically had a spaz attack and went batshit. That happens every once in a while. :) I already have the Summertime Sadness Remix EP & Born to Die remix cardsleeve. Now I can't wait for Christmas so I can get a record player and hopefully an Amazon gift card ;)

one is UK promo CD, the other is UK promo acetate.

An acetate?! Surely that can't be, no? How in the world is it possible that in 2012 acetates are being sold officially? Is this something that happens and i'm just out of the loop?

EDIT: Oh wait, i just realized i missed the operative word promo. Still weird that acetates are going around nowadays though.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

An acetate?! Surely that can't be, no? How in the world is it possible that in 2012 acetates are being sold officially? Is this something that happens and i'm just out of the loop?

EDIT: Oh wait, i just realized i missed the operative word promo. Still weird that acetates are going around nowadays though.

just search on ebay, a lot of UK promos are acetates or so-called PVC.

Oh, okay, i see where the confusion lies. According to this wiki entry we are talking/thinking about different things.

In modern usage the term "acetate" or "promo acetate" usually refers to a cheaply manufactured CD-R made up to efficiently promote the product with minimal expense.

So you're talking about a CD, not a record, like a heavy, metal plate, right?

Oh, okay, i see where the confusion lies. According to this wiki entry we are talking/thinking about different things.

[/font][/color]

So you're talking about a CD, not a record, like a heavy, metal plate, right?

yeah, it's a cd, but it's a promo acetate, just like the wiki said, CD-R.

Right, i understand now; i didn’t know CD-R promos were referred to as :quote: acetates :quote: (weird). I initially took your post to mean that one of those Ride singles was an actual acetate aluminum test record, which is why i was shocked.

:wat:

:shh:

All my BTD collections are in China, But I have all my PARADISE collections with me here in USA. Enjoy ;)

IMG_0889_zps1dca4b60.jpg

Sorry i am not a collector, altough i would like to start someday. But what is this giant "Paradise" album? A vinyl?

qqAZ3mU.png