Ruben Del Rey

Your Lana Collection

I've decided when I (finally) kick off my Lana collection I'm only going for vinyl records because once CDs are brought into it too, it all gets a bit messy and never ending when I'm always so broke, haha.

Yep I'm going for the basics, the singles and albums in vinyl.

Dimitry, out of curiosity, when you go to listen to either Born to Die or Paradise, which one do you play? Do you have a go-to one for every time you want to hear the album or do you play various ones? Have you even played everything pictured in your collection? If so, you haven't noticed any differences between the different (CD) editions, have you?

I'm curious to hear the mastering for the vinyl.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

The vinyl mastering of Born to Die and Paradise is - excuse me for using this word - flawless. The CD versions sound a little distorted to me. The CD's high resolution kind of causes a falsified reproduction of the intended sound. But on vinyl, the songs sound way better. Her vocals on some Born to Die tracks sound more dynamic to me, too, than on the CD versions.

Dimitry, out of curiosity, when you go to listen to either Born to Die or Paradise, which one do you play? Do you have a go-to one for every time you want to hear the album or do you play various ones? Have you even played everything pictured in your collection? If so, you haven't noticed any differences between the different (CD) editions, have you?

I used to used the digipack edition of born to die paradise from the box set. And i haven't a vinyl player but i will probably have one for christmas :)

Two news CD's arrived this morning :)

16095_391372470945587_1217777949_n.jpg

6139385_orig.png

Got the Wonderland magazine a couple of days ago. Sadly it wasn't with her gorgeous baby doll-ish cover (That's like impossible to get your hands on...), but the interview and the nice shoot made it worth it. I also have lesinrockuptibles, Q and Glamour.Then some vinyls, cds and singles. Went apeshit on ebay a couple of weeks ago, but the box set is still missing :what:

1olt2g.jpg