"Alive" starts with a simple piano melody which might make you think it's a slow song but once the guitar rhythm takes the piano's place you realize it's going to be a crazy loud pop track. After the first "I survived" line there's a brief stop, then the drums kick in. We are back to the piano-only sound and Sia cries out "I'm still breathing" four times before the hook comes and she starts belting out "I'm alive" repeatedly. The chorus is exactly what the song promises, loud and catchy accompanied by hard percussion. After we hear the second chorus, there's a follow up part where she goes "You took it all, but I'm still breathing" again and again which directly leads us to bridge. The bridge is angry - "I told you that I will never be forgotten" - the production switches back to an acoustic-ish vibe until the last chorus kicks in and the songs ends.

You instantly recognize it as a Sia song and as you can guess from the lyrics it's repetitive but this makes it extra catchy. Production and instrumental wise it reminds me of Fire Meet Gasoline but it's definitely not ballad-y like that, it just follows a similar build-up with the piano and percussion. "Alive" is more up-tempo, guitars are included and the drums in the chorus hit harder. As always, she doesn't disappoint with the vocals. B+

Here's the snippet that link leads to:

You guys, I'm not ready. I can't even this month with Lana, Ellie, and now Sia. I was just recovering from Halsey, Carly Rae, and Melanie :defeated:

MkWI4Ns.png

Here's the snippet that link leads to:

You guys, I'm not ready. I can't even this month with Lana, Ellie, and now Sia. I was just recovering from Halsey, Carly Rae, and Melanie :defeated:

and Lorde :crying:

lABVyGE.png

Not as great as Chandelier, but on par with most of the other stuff from 1000FOF. So, still good. The raspy cracks and breaks of her voice ugh  :defeated: I know they're probably from her drug abuse, but they add such emotion to her powerhouse vocals.

MkWI4Ns.png

I know they're probably from her drug abuse, but they add such emotion to her powerhouse vocals.

Her voice has always been like that, her music now is just more vocally strenuous so it comes out more. If I'm correct, she was only taking pills (specifically narcotic painkillers and xanax) which wouldn't have much of an effect on her voice.

Her voice has always been like that, her music now is just more vocally strenuous so it comes out more. If I'm correct, she was only taking pills (specifically narcotic painkillers and xanax) which wouldn't have much of an effect on her voice.

I thought cocaine was in the mix, too. But either way, ugh :crying:

MkWI4Ns.png