Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

EDIT: Can anyone find the interviews where Lana talks about this new 7 year relationship? I don't remember which ones they are.

+ the one where she talks about how OTTR is about a guy who would gamble in Vegas while she chilled in the swimming pool. And what are the receipts for this one:

"It's a song about a man who thought I was one of the most exotic things he had ever seen and me indulging in his appreciation and love. On the outside he was handsome and wholesome, but under wraps he was running an illegal electronic business which ended up taking him and his friends under." I think it's about Million Dollar Man but I can't find the original interview anywhere.

So I'm throwing around this theory that BTTB, BCD, and HDB are all about the same person. HDB would imply that it's Jimmy Gnecco, obviously, but since we have no evidence showing they dated and Gnecco seems to have denied this, I've got this theory that maybe Lana fantasized about Jim while dating Reeve or Arthur. They're both musicians with long hair, and Reeve was Jim's acquaintance, at the least. At such, some songs and traits we've ascribed to Jimmy might actually be about Reeve or Arthur. In the DMD demo, she says "hit me, my baby, tonight, I don't know why but I like it" and we got evidence for that being an Arthur song. In HDB, she sings about a guy ("Jimmy") who treats her mean, just how she likes. Also, in Get Drunk says "I am sleeping with your best friend" - pretty appropriate if she was mentally cheating on Reeve with Jim or maybe she actually had a one night stand with him one. And Get Drunk talks about a guy who wants to get drunk, and the guy in BTTB would get "wasted."

Here are the lyrical ties between the three songs:

Back To Tha Basics:

trailer park love (I am the trailer park darling = HDB)

everybody's saying that you're no good for me  (almost verbatim from BCD, plus a guy who's violent and "the worst she's ever seen" would probably not be held in high esteem by her friends)

nobody does it like you do

wrong side of the tracks (verbatim from BCD)

best i ever had (verbatim from BCD)

you can sing for the neighbors (song is about a musician)

Behind Closed Doors:

i like 'em mad, bad, baby

you know i like em bad boy (compare I like 'em tough and mean)

wrong side of the track (BTTB)

everybody's saying you're no good for me (BTTB)

best i ever had (BTTB)

Hundred Dollar Bill:

i like 'em tough and mean

jim is the worst that i've ever seen

i am the trailer park darling

Every time I listen to a new unreleased song, I make some new connection. Lana, ha power. I'll have to review the Reeve/Jimmy connection as well as Arthur to see what I'm missing.

and that's it? :lanasrs:

i'm sorry this is confusing :lanasrs: K's dead! He commited suicide! I was watching some Lana interviews yesterday and this guy asked if the guy she's singing about knows about her fame and succes and that those songs are like about him or whatever and she said "No he doesn't but his mother does" so yeah that just confirm he's dead. If he wasn't why isn't Lana with him together? Anyways i thought it was pretty clear that K is dead, idk what i'm tripping on :lanasrs:

large.jpg

This guy named Reese Issel always posts cryptic stuff on Lana videos it's weird imo

I checked out his Google Plus account or whatever and he just comments weird shit on tons of YouTube vids. I don't think he's anyone special :eek: although some of his little poems are surprisingly striking.

sugar baby crying ezgif_com_c98a0a05e8.gif tears of gold

I checked out his Google Plus account or whatever and he just comments weird shit on tons of YouTube vids. I don't think he's anyone special :eek: although some of his little poems are surprisingly striking.

I think you're right :eek: i was just getting excited, my bad :eek:

large.jpg

Don't worry. K is Lana fandom's holy grail. I hope we never find out, because the mystery is more interesting than us being able to say 'oh, he's Ken Jones from Pennsylvania', followed by a million comments about him being not as hot as we imagined.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

why wouldn't he be real? Lana wouldn't write like the majority of her discography about him... just listen to the song For K/Drive By. She describes how he went to prison and how he died. If he was still in prison she would've visited him, but he's dead, probably commited suicide, got on death row or got killed, either way he's dead. :lanasrs:

large.jpg

"It was a drive-by Sunday night

Most of us were in bed all right

I turned down the light

Then I heard the sirens

Interrupt the silence" = K went out to kill someone, it was a drive-by shooting on a Sunday probably, Lana was in bed when the police came knocking at her door.

"Is this what you wished

To commit a crime?" = She's asking him if the drive-by shooting was worth it

"You was a nice guy, really bright

Making money's hard to do right

Guilty was his plight

Now he's in a jail cell

For some thirty years now" = He got sent to jail for 30 years

"Is this what you wished

To be serving time?" = Lana asking him if he really wanted to go to jail

"K's a friend of mine

I think about him as he does time

Miss his white wine

Funny I don't feel free

Even though it's not me" = She talks about K and how she thinks about him while he's in jail

"Is this what you wished

To leave me behind?" = Lana's asking him if he wanted to leave her alone while he's in jail

"Last year they decided

That his time is up and then he got retried

Double homicide

Sent him on to death row

Not to hang around though" = Last year they decided they'll sent him on death row because he killed 2 people apparently

"Is this what you wished

Did you want to die?" = Lana's sad and asking him if he really wanted to die

large.jpg

From the LA Times interview:

Daniel Heath produced and co-wrote "Big Eyes" with you. He's been a longtime collaborator.

Yes! [Laughs.] Dan was my first boyfriend's best friend.

I know it's not of terribly great significance, but I thought it was kinda relevant here...now, who could the first boyfriend be? (K??????????)

OAjeWdG.jpg?1