Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

But is that Bill the same Bill who is mentioned in TNBAR "the thousands of girls love the way Bill plays guitar"

url%5D

On 10/15/2023 at 1:39 PM, love you madly said:

i swear there were like visuals of him shown during one of nfr's performances though ? (imgoingtobesoembarrasedifthisisnttrue)

I dont want to believe that lana and him had an affair either but it seems a bit... ehhhhhhh

I think some rumours derived from the joke FJM made at Hyde park about Lana getting it wrong when she write NFR about him, it was just a cheeky joke though.. but it was followed up with Lana using the visuals of him when singing NFR too

he also had talked about trying to make it work for them to perform let the light in.. but “every time we get together we just end up spending hours talking about Jesus”.. which to me could read as an innuendo.. but I’m not religious so that’s just my mind being in the gutter 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

32 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I think some rumours derived from the joke FJM made at Hyde park about Lana getting it wrong when she write NFR about him, it was just a cheeky joke though.. but it was followed up with Lana using the visuals of him when singing NFR too

he also had talked about trying to make it work for them to perform let the light in.. but “every time we get together we just end up spending hours talking about Jesus”.. which to me could read as an innuendo.. but I’m not religious so that’s just my mind being in the gutter 

Bye he's literally married to her friend I highly doubt this

35 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

knowing lana she probably meant that very literally lol

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

33 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Bye he's literally married to her friend I highly doubt this

Yes I agree it was a joke haha, I just meant how that could be interpreted as an innuendo and how I think that spiralled rumours lol

Guys I don’t think NFR is actually about FJM I’m just saying I think that’s where the rumour came from :eek:

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

13 hours ago, Elle said:

I almost pointed this lyric out too, but figured it could be a stretch, though it could be a double meaning - Mobile, AL & Mobil the chain of gas stations. Of course in a later version she changed the lyric to Citgo, a different gas station chain. It is interesting though that the lyric comes from a demo of Hundred Dollar Bill!

Perhaps her relationship with Billy led to her affinity for gas stations.. because if you think about it, where else is there to hang around at during a late night drive through Alabama except for a gas station? & you would certainly need to stop and fill up during a long drive…
Also while on the topic of LDRAKALG songs that may have been inspired by Billy and their Alabama nighttime drives - Mobile, AL is right by the border of southern Mississippi, and she references being picked up in a truck in Raise Me Up (Mississippi South) Perhaps they would drive through that area as well during their late night drives.

Lots to unpack & theorise with this! x

I totally agree about how they might have driven to Mississippi because all of my moms family including her were born and raised in Mobile and close to the gulf shore and they would always go on drives to Mississippi because its so close.

So I was just reading Lana's interview for Vogue and something flashed in my mind.

Q: You’re someone who has written a lot about love, so I’m curious what your relationship to Valentine’s Day is.

A: Aw, that’s cute. I'm sentimental, so of course I'm going to love Valentine's Day! It’s up there for me in terms of the holidays. I do what half of girls do, and buy themed tea towels from HomeGoods, and put a couple extra hearts in the kitchen while I’m making coffee just for fun—the way I would for Christmas or whatever. It’s the last holiday right after that triad of Thanksgiving and Christmas, and then you’ve got that little reprieve of Valentine’s Day. It’s always been a happy day for me. 

Did it happen to me only?

"Servin' up God in a burnt coffee pot for the triad" from hope came up in my mind like instantly. She never told us what triad was back in the days and we might be kinda finding it out now..?

3 minutes ago, yourboy said:

So I was just reading Lana's interview for Vogue and something flashed in my mind.

Q: You’re someone who has written a lot about love, so I’m curious what your relationship to Valentine’s Day is.

A: Aw, that’s cute. I'm sentimental, so of course I'm going to love Valentine's Day! It’s up there for me in terms of the holidays. I do what half of girls do, and buy themed tea towels from HomeGoods, and put a couple extra hearts in the kitchen while I’m making coffee just for fun—the way I would for Christmas or whatever. It’s the last holiday right after that triad of Thanksgiving and Christmas, and then you’ve got that little reprieve of Valentine’s Day. It’s always been a happy day for me. 

"Servin' up God in a burnt coffee pot for the triad" from hope came up in my mind like instantly. She never told us what triad was back in the days and we might be kinda finding it out now..?

Respectfully she was definitely talking about the father the son and the holy spirit

On 1/18/2024 at 8:24 PM, yourboy said:

I’ve always associated the burnt coffee lyric with the AA given how crappy coffee is always served there. A couple lines back she talks about ‘church basement romances’ which is usually where the meetings take place. I also read a New Yorker article a few years ago discussing the NYC ‘Bowery bums’ which from my recollection was an area in New York that was notorious for drinking in the 70’s which aligns with that entire verse. Interesting stuff, the father son and Holy Spirit triad could also be tied in there too given her religious upbringing. Honestly it’s all up for interpretation though!  :daydream:

On 1/16/2024 at 8:31 PM, Embach said:

But is that Bill the same Bill who is mentioned in TNBAR "the thousands of girls love the way Bill plays guitar"

On 2/24/2024 at 5:03 AM, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

I will ALWAYS FUCKING ship lana with axl rose… sweet Jesus..! Match made in heaven im crazy…..

I've always thought the Bill hypocorism referred to Axl Rose whose birth name is William Bruce Rose Jr.

1 hour ago, lili said:

I've always thought the Bill hypocorism referred to Axl Rose whose birth name is William Bruce Rose Jr.

Holy shit you've got a good point :isee:

url%5D