kingadam

Lana Del Rey Cancels Performance on David Letterman Show

I wonder what she'll be wearing. Leather jacket and jeans? Gown? Floral dress?

I liked what she wore on SNL actually but it wasn't practical - the low neckline meant that we could see the silicone inserts lol so she had to awkwardly cover them with her arm the whole time

She has to do it. Her pre-sales aren't that good in the US. But her main problem commercially is WEurope, her strongest market for BTD. She needs to do something and TV appearances are the most aggressive and effective promotion otherwise UV will flop commercially. She's not a indie girl but she's not a main pop girl either it's really bad spot for her because if she won't sale big she will be considered a flop by Taylor Swift standards and if she's gets bad reviews she will be considered an indie (artistic) flop. I expect that she will get the same mixed reviews overall as int he BTD era, the disdain towards her of some of the journalists is just unbelievable (a french journalist, after attending her concert in LA, called her a beardless Conchita Wurst :deadbanana: )

Her pre-orders in the UK, Germany and France are even worse. Dis is gonna flop.

It's weird how  the UK used to be her biggest market and she wasn't sucessful in the US and now it's completely reversed. I wonder what caused that change.

I'm sorta nervous, but she seems to be very comfortable performing WC on tour so idk.

tumblr_msfqg0hpqG1sx7kg2o5_250.gif

It's weird how the UK used to be her biggest market and she wasn't sucessful in the US and now it's completely reversed. I wonder what caused that change.

I'm sorta nervous, but she seems to be very comfortable performing WC on tour so idk.

It's probably because she has returned to her alternative rock sound, which is not as popular in the UK at the moment. The US, on the other hand, seems to slowly be embracing indie rock that draws from well-known artists from the 60s/70s.

She has to do it. Her pre-sales aren't that good in the US. But her main problem commercially is WEurope, her strongest market for BTD. She needs to do something and TV appearances are the most aggressive and effective promotion otherwise UV will flop commercially. She's not a indie girl but she's not a main pop girl either it's really bad spot for her because if she won't sale big she will be considered a flop by Taylor Swift standards and if she's gets bad reviews she will be considered an indie (artistic) flop. I expect that she will get the same mixed reviews overall as int he BTD era, the disdain towards her of some of the journalists is just unbelievable (a french journalist, after attending her concert in LA, called her a beardless Conchita Wurst :deadbanana: )

She's the second artist on WW Itunes since she released the pre-order, I don't think this might be considered a flop or whatever. Also a lot of people just buy an album after its released, only die hard are buying right now. To compare her with Taylor Swift if very unfair, I think she is like Arctic Monkeys in this way - she accomplished a lot for an artist that don't have any radio play in mainstream radio on US, only is some countries in Europe.  

It's not impossible that if she doesn't do something for success she will be dropped from the label 1-2 albums later. With BTD she was new but she isn't really anymore.  

IDK, it also depends on how her tours do, like I heard those are the money-makers anyway

And she doesn't cost Interscope much in the promotion department

But she makes them pay for the music videos and doesn't put singles on her albums

I don't know, I just don't know :xcry:

Although even if she was dropped, some indie label would latch onto her instantly right? :pray:

Guest Dot

watch her go on and sing a born to die/paradise song :oic:

She's obviously going to perform Cola. :troll:

She was also in the top five for a solid week.

LDRO estimated that she sold 40K in the US on pre-orders alone. She's fine.

40k on preorders? That's more than half as much as BTD first week sales, and almost as much as Paradise first week sales. With 3 weeks before the official figure is released, there might be some good news in store for our girl :)

I don't think Lana cares too much about the charts (just a guess), but I'm hoping we can make UV #1 just as a big fuck you to all the haters.

party.gif?w=1100

Don't hate me but she always screws up things in television. Remember when she performed Ride on a UK tv show and it was so bad? She couldn't hit the high notes because she was so nervous even though she was really good at her lives performances. But to perform at a concert where are thousands of people screaming your name is very different from a Tv one where people are dying to see if she fails again. She's getting a lot of good reviews, they shouldn't risk the sales of the album with bad press again

Just curious... if you mean this performance 

you're crazy. It's great. 

Just curious... if you mean this performance 

you're crazy. It's great. 

this is from a Dutch TV show. She was not as good on Jools Holland. And Jools Holland is a show in the UK, just sayin.

And by the way: BTD opened up in the US with 77k and Paradise with 68k.