TIARNZUS

"Ultraviolence" to premier tomorrow on BBC Radio 1 with Zane Lowe!

"He used to call me D.N., that stood for deadly nightshade"

"He used to call me poison like I was poison ivy"

Ugh, hard to believe she's 28 and making lyrics like this.  BUT...

I think the song itself is good and the stuttering bass drum is cool.  I'd like the vocal mix with the spoken word a little lower that it creates an atmosphere.  Like Carmen but a little higher in the mix.  Sometimes DA's production is little too straightforward, I think.  This album is shaping up to be interesting.

u6pq4c9.gif

but if I'm honest I think there will be a lot of better songs on UV. 

Yep i think too and im so excited for them.

Ultraviolence and West Coast are both really nice but i guess there will be even better songs on UV.

Im also not that much into Shades of Cool yet. But its slightly growing on me  :D

I'm in love with this song, love the lyrics & melody  :lanahairflip3:

but if I'm honest I think there will be a lot of better songs on UV. 

I literally just said this in a conversation on FB. While I love SOC, West Coast, UV (to a degree,) and what we've heard so far of Brooklyn Baby, I think Lana's getting these tracks out of the way because the other thirteen (including the bonus tracks,) are what's going to really define ULTRAVIOLENCE. Why else have we not heard her favorite track yet?

This album's going to fucking slay me, and if it doesn't slay anyone else in the end, fuck it, I'm still jammin'. :rock:

I get what you mean. This new album is a mix of Lana and Lizzy...

There's something very National Anthem about the spoken part, but the lyrics (though not her strongest) are 100% Lizzy Grant (I'm surprised no one connected the "I can hear the sirens" line to May Jailer, etc)

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

For me, literally the only bad part about this song is the first line. The syllable count is weird, and it sounds like it just cuts off because she couldn't think of anything else to write. Other than that, I love it. Much better than SoC, for me.

I think the main problem with the lyrics (at least for me) Is that she had this GREAT SHOT at making a masterpiece about abuse, love, and her (or someone else's for all we now) story you know?? Like she has the right intention. But for me, the lyrics aren't as great as they could've been, they deliver the message but not in the beautiful or strong way her vocals do idk if someone feels like this too :pft:​ 

Just realised - maybe the comparatively poor production value is what she meant by UV being "unlistenable" as an album? Purposefully raw production?

I broke down and listened to it. My willpower wasn't strong enough lol. UV sounds good but the mix seems a little off, especially the bass. So far West Coast is still my fav, with SoC and UV following. I am hoping for more uptempo numbers. :D

I've been a member of plenty of message boards, some for a few years. With that being said, there are some here that think the more vulgar or insulting they can be, the better. Maybe it's the same disrespectful people that go to the shows and ruin it for everyone else. They will try to ruin a positive and friendly, and mature atmosphere on these boards if they are allowed to. I notice its always the same ones as well that start the immature drama and have negative attitudes. Hopefully if people ignore them they will go away, unless the moderators decide to do something about it.

I'm a little disappointed after my first listen. The lyrics are weird. The rhythm seems off at times. The chorus is repetitive. The end of the song seems kind of jumbled/all over the place/too much at once. And I feel like it could be stronger.

Maybe I need to warm up to it but these were my first impressions.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

I think Ultraviolence might make #1 :):) :):)

I hope so, but I've noticed that every Ultraviolence song that gets released rockets to the top of the iTunes charts for the first 2-3 days and then slowly fades away : / That being said, I really like the song! It was a bit underwhelming at first because I already listened to the live version of it and I think that it might be better, but after listening to the studio version a few times, it grew on me. Her voice in the verses is GORGEOUS in my opinion. I like the lyrics, too. It's not my favorite song so far, but it's good enough.

Bm2AvMo.gif