clayford13

Promo Single: "BROOKLYN BABY" (June 8)

I was thrilled when I heard the chorus in the snippet video but the verses are weaker ... So I expected a bit more. But it's nice ! It will grow on me, I'm sure, plus there are some interesting bits in the lyrics, the part about the book, for instance.

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

I can say I am very satisfied. I already loved the snippet, but the complete song turned out to be very different from what I expected, however in a very pleasent yet different way.

It seems like the verses are about talking to someone in a serious way, while she withdraws into her bubbly-brooklyn-girl world in the chorus ("well, ...") Really like it!

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I am speechless... Which means it's absolulety perfect.

I just got home from work and I got to listen to it.

It's so heavenly. The lyrics... the melodies... Barrie at the end.

All this just gets me more & more excited for Ultraviolence.

Great job Lana & Barrie  :gclap:

It is? I only noticed her and Katy doing it. No ones saying she's copying her or whatever

I find it funny how they call it ARTflop even though I hear Applause and Do What You Want on the radio all the time. That, to me, isn't a flop. People have a hard time supporting one artist without feeling the need to tear another down. Those are the immature people who probably have no idea what it takes to make it in the biz. :crossed:

Don't like it so far, but it might be a grower. SoC and WC remain my faves of the four songs we have so far. And the lyrics...  :biblio: UV is truly an album to test us all.

Funny story though; I was looking for Brooklyn Baby lyrics since I can't understand a word she says and I found these completely fake lyrics about how her boyfriend looks like the Madonna and is in a band called Kassidy. Keep trying, fake lyric writers.

EDIT: Yeah, I'm kind of tired of people calling ARTPOP a flop. An album doesn't have to be a smash hit to be successful. It sold decently, had a hit single, and is now being supported by a popular tour. Far from flopping. Underperforming? Yeah, coming from an era where the album sold 1 mil in the 1st week. Really, how does ARTPOP keep showing up in Lana threads? I swear every popular thread in news has at least one commenter mentioning ARTPOP and how it sucks/flops and I don't understand why we keep coming back to this.

Omg, this is really good! Amazing voice and sound!

This song makes my weekend good. It gives me a summer feeling and that's nice because the weather's also good here now.

I hope she'll sing this when I'm at her concert in Berlin.

Thanks Lana for another heavenly song! So nice.

Oh I really like this song. I thought the snippet was really good, but this is even better.  I love the verse and the melodies, the guitar is so nice. And Barrie in the end  :defeated:

Lana should consider writing more songs with Barrie. BKLB is the ultimate hipster anthem and its the best track from UV so far. Its lyrically also strong.I think its a lovely and sweet track. My fav part is near the end where barrie joins it just..well it makes me speachless. To put it this way this has knocked NA off my number 1 fav LDR track and its been replaced by this masterpiece.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371