lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

Can someone explain to me the differences between the vinyl and digital version? 

It's a brighter, more dynamic sound ... the CD, on the other hand, is unrelenting darkness that kind of makes me wish I was dead

Ooooh there is a vinyl rip torrent on Google

:creep:

It's a brighter, more dynamic sound ... the CD, on the other hand, is unrelenting darkness that kind of makes me wish I was dead

:creep:

Bought my vinyl copy last night. :)

It was expensive but I don't care! I now have Black Beauty on vinyl. :lanasrs2:

Will listen to it this weekend.

I now have Paradise and UV on Vinyl.

Thanks for the link. Yet another piece that could be summed up as 'Here is an essay about my world view, which mentions someone famous to get more clicks'.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I used to think that I have to kept living to be able to listen to Ultraviolence, but then I realized, life only really started after I began listening to it over and over.....:bliss:

the more i listen to the album, the more i think it should have been called White Lines or something. i mean, I love the name Ultraviolence, but I think some sort of reference to substance abuse would work well too, as the album is full of drugs

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

An Urban Outfitters is being built in my city... hopefully they get the UO exclusive vinyl! (Was it US only?)

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

For some reason, I always keep coming back to The Other Woman. It's such a beautiful album closer and ppl who dislike it just don't have taste, tbh.

Yeah .. it's really sung with so much emotion, even if it's not completely at the surface. But when you're feeling bad and listen to this song it's just like heaven ^^

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I've noticed that to me every song on the album sounds like a closer. Like each one has this... conclusive feel to it. Know what I mean? This whole album sounds like the insane final lullaby someone sings before jumping off a bridge. I hate when people say "I want (lana song) to play at my funeral" but honestly I feel like most of her songs are perfect for that. Most of them are written to honour ended relationships, so I guess they could work just as well to sum up a person's life in general.

I didn't like like Lana much before this album, but I now consider her my goddess!  She should stay with Dan forever and just keep making records like UV.

@@LiamViljoen I also consider this a sort of "Music to Die By"  album.  Could also be something really f-ed up to put on in the background during sex.  LOL.

@@leaked_version I always thought that line was supposed to mean that.  Am I wrong?

Anyway, I adore UV for not jumping all over the place.  I kind of hate it when albums are sonic messes, fast song followed by slow song and continue.  Just stay in one place!  I wanna build a damn mood and stay in it.

PS- I own the CD copy of the Japanese version (with Flipside).  It's RIDICULOUS that Is This Happiness was not included!

I've noticed that the opening guitar solo in Cruel World is kinda similar to the beginning of the crystal's song "And Then He Kissed Me"

Is it just me? If you ask me they're practically the same except Cruel World is slower.