lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

am I the only one that loves The Other Woman :O

I love it! It's not high up on my list but I really think it's a beautiful song. I think it'll rank a little higher once I've listened to the album more. I really love her voice in the song, she completely captures the timeless feel of that song & time period with her voice, I think.

14417469274.gif

I have yet to listen to the entire album, for I will be purchasing it later today, but am I the only one who is getting absolute life from what I perceive to be an elegant, dark retelling of one woman's romantic life, psychosis, and trials? OMGoodness. I just cannot take it. I have only listened to "Cruel World" and "Sad Girl," outside of the promo singles because I just could not help myself, and I am caught up in a beautiful raging of feminine power. It is breezy, gloomy, gutta, and so delicately told, this story Lana is conveying. Work! **Snaps fingers three times for the mother**

Hey all,

Aah I love the new album already.

My favourite is Black Beauty. I wish it was a single but doubt it will be because it was leaked and is tagged on as a bonus track.

Old Money is also stunning. A kind of sequel to Young and Beautiful.

The first five tracks are equally amazing! All 10/10.

The only songs I'm not feeling yet are Sad Girl, Guns and Roses and The Other Woman.

Well done Lana.

Am I the only one who could easily heae a Chrisette Michelle or Ledisi sing " Sad Girl" ? It is so rich and soulful of a sound, and for me it hearkens to the days of Martha and the Vandellas, especially that little "well,well" Lana dings in the background of the "but you havent seen my man" pre-hook. Is Lana going to give us a narco- R and B albun next? Lol!

Am I the only one who could easily heae a Chrisette Michelle or Ledisi sing " Sad Girl" ? It is so rich and soulful of a sound, and for me it hearkens to the days of Martha and the Vandellas, especially that little "well,well" Lana dings in the background of the "but you havent seen my man" pre-hook. Is Lana going to give us a narco- R and B albun next? Lol!

That would be perfect :( it fits her soooo well.