lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?  

1,051 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite songs on Ultraviolence?

• Cruel World
    • Ultraviolence
    • Shades Of Cool
    • Brooklyn Baby
    • West Coast
    • Sad Girl
    • Pretty When You Cry
    • Money Power Glory
    • Fucked My Way Up To The Top
    • Old Money
    • The Other Woman
    • Black Beauty
    • Guns and Roses
    • Florida Kilos
    • Is This Happiness
    • Flipside

On 1/4/2024 at 10:02 PM, americangothic said:

Do you think we'll get a "Ultraviolence: 10th Year Anniversary" reissue this year? I have zero hopes considering she didn't do shit for "Born to Die" (her most mainstream album; it would have made more sense).

But, this record is also one of her defining moments in her career (next to "NFR!" and more recently "Ocean Blvd)". It's such a milestone in her story. Not aknowledging it would be such a missed opportunity.

Maybe she doesn't like deluxe/re-editions anymore. Considering she scrapped the alleged "Lust for Life" post-release EP. Perhaps she didn't think it was necessary to do a 10th year "Born to Die" edition considering it has gotten enough recognition?

But can you all imagine, "Ultraviolence" (10th Anniversary Edition). What a concept. The perfect opportunity to finally release "Flipside" and "Is This Happiness" (and scrapped songs on streaming services). Maybe even a brand new cover with a Neil Krug never-seen-before picture, brand new vinyls variants, all the good stuff.

CD1

01. Cruel World

02. Ultraviolence

03. Shades of Cool

04. Brooklyn Baby

05. West Coast

06. Sad Girl

07. Pretty When You Cry

08. Money Power Glory

09. Fucked My Way Up to the Top

10. Old Money

11. The Other Woman

12. Black Beauty

13. Guns and Roses

14. Florida Kilos

15. Is This Happiness [finally released worldwide as a bonus track + streaming services]

16. Flipside [finally released worldwide as a bonus track + streaming services]

CD2 (*)

01. Say Yes to Heaven (**)

02. Fine China

03. Your Girl

04. Angels Forever

05. Pink Champagne

06. Dragonslayer

07. Cult Leader

08. Elvis [Rumored final version]

09. Lake Placid

10. Madly

11. Earthquakes [Final version]

12. Driving in Cars With Boys [2014 Version]

13. I Talk to Jesus [Dan Auerbach version]

(*) — I threw the bunch of outtakes from that era in no specific order, so pardon the disjointed tracklist. I didn't know if it'd be a good idea to add the bonus songs right after the main album. It looks kind of cluttered, so I thought that maybe a second CD would be better, especially for vinyl releases and stuff. 

(**) — I know "Say Yes to Heaven" was released as a stand-along single, but her team considers it part of that era, since the 7" Picture Disc vinyl used a Neil Krug photo from that era + adding "Black Beauty" as a b-side.

Conclusion:

Fan fiction and delusional thinking aside, I don't think she'd do anything, I bet it must probably take a lot of work, but considering she most likely won't release an album in 2024, maybe the "Ultraviolence" reissue album wouldn't be a bad idea. At least she could release it as a digital-only edition on streaming services, which is what some of her peers have done for their 10th anniversary re-releases. 

we will never get pink champagne because of the cotcc rework...she shouldve released the demo attached to the single or something

source.gif

does anybody know where I can listen to is this happiness clean ver??

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶 𝒟𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑜 𝐵𝒶𝓁𝓁 𝑀𝒾𝓃𝒹
𝒩𝑜𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝓁𝒹

⋆♥⋆

img%5D

this album will always be that girl to me :illumilana2:

I got my UO exclusive vinyl a couple weeks ago and I’m too scared to actually play it yet, she’s gorg

giphy.gif

.⊹˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

I wonder if she wanted to do b-sides album for UV too since it had many outtakes. We do know that she wanted to do a repackage (before Paradise) for BTD with final Hollywood's Dead right? Boz said something along these lines right?

url%5D

13 minutes ago, Embach said:

I wonder if she wanted to do b-sides album for UV too since it had many outtakes. We do know that she wanted to do a repackage (before Paradise) for BTD with final Hollywood's Dead right? Boz said something along these lines right?

yeah actually she directly stated she wanted to do and had plans for uv extended thing alike paradise for btd, i talk to jesus, fine china, yes to heaven and your girl 100% would’ve been a part of it

as for btd i wrote here 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

1 hour ago, lanaismamom said:

yeah actually she directly stated she wanted to do and had plans for uv extended thing alike paradise for btd, i talk to jesus, fine china, yes to heaven and your girl 100% would’ve been a part of it

as for btd i wrote here 

Oohhhh I forgot that UV thing, now reading this, it reminded me that I read an interview about it where she said that like what you said. Ty for reminding me!

url%5D

Do you guys think we’ll get something special for the 10th anniversary? 
I mean I wouldn’t get my hopes up but we got the UO repress last year and the 7” with SYTH and BB (and she put the UV pic on the Festival merch tank top) so a part of me is delulu :pray2:

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

6 minutes ago, Fireffie said:

Do you guys think we’ll get something special for the 10th anniversary? 
I mean I wouldn’t get my hopes up but we got the UO repress last year and the 7” with SYTH and BB (and she put the UV pic on the Festival merch tank top) so a part of me is delulu :pray2:

i seriously seriously hope so. i’ll spend all my money on it.

giphy.gif