LANA FANS  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Which Era?

• Pre-BTD
    • Born To Die
    • Paradise
    • Tropic/Transition
    • Ultraviolence

Pre Born To Die, after Video Games went viral.

Since I remembered her appearing during the "Above And Beyond" Mando Diao concert as a guest singer, I did some "research" on her and found "Kinda Outta Luck", "You Can Be The Boss", "Hundred Dollar Bill", the demos for "Lolita" and "Diet Mountain Dew", "She Is Not Me", "Heavy Hitter" and her collaboration with Smiler "Spender". I also downloaded the AKA album and fell in love with it. I expanded my "unreleased" library to the extend which was possible at this time. I was very pumped when Born To Die (the song) got released and bought the Deluxe Edition of the album in digital form the very day it was released. I loved the record at the first listening and since this day, I am a  Lana stan :creep:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I started to become a fan from the Summertime Sadness remix in August 2013. In September, I started to listen to Born to Die and Paradise - specifically, Carmen, Off to the Races, and Burning Desire. By December, I was starting to listen to unreleased songs - two of the ones I can remember are Serial Killer.

YOU CALL ME LAVENDER, YOU CALL ME SUNSHINE

I first heard of Lana in Feb. 2012. I was eating breakfast out while reading a very serious article in the local newspaper about Adele requiring apologize from Karl Lagerfeld for saying she was fat. In his quote, there was a mention of Lana Del Rey, which I've never heard of before. Since I really liked Adele at that time (still like her, but I'm not a "real fan"), I wanted to know who was this mysterious girl that was mentioned in the same sentence with Adele. I went on youtube and saw the BTD video. I was impressed and not that impressed at the same time. I though the video lacked authenticity, it had a "too calculated" feeling to it. I though her voice was very unique tho. I liked her resonant tone, very emotive and expressive but nonchalant at the same time.

About the character, I wasn't so sure... then I heard about SNL and all the hate. I though people were really harsh. I was reading the comments on youtube and understood that she was quite controversial. I tried to understand why she was lying about her lips when it was obvious to me that they were not natural. Then I found out about her lies (or people misinterpretation of her). I started to look at paparazzi pictures as I wanted to see how she was in her everyday life compared to professional photo shoot (I was very impressed with her aesthetics) and I found out she was not pretentious as I though she was. She even kiss her fans on the lips, ARE YOU KIDDING ME BLBLBLBLBLLBLBLBL!!! She cried on stage!! She's human <3

After watching on youtube BTD and Video Games on repeat, I decided to download the album. I loved Summertime Sadness. Then I paid attention to OTTR lyrics and I was hooked. I was so pleased to find an artist that went through a similar lifestyle as mine. I went to her old ugly website to find out her tour dates, but there was nothing. I was disappointed. That was in Sept. 2013 I think. Then in April, she announced her North American tour and I was euphoric. I found out this board and I wanted to know more about her live performances as I heard some negative...

Now I can say I'm a real fan. I never loved a singer like that before. I get obsessed with movies a lot more than music.

Born To Die. It was love at first sight when I saw her for the first time on SNL!!! I found her unique and intriguing. I kept my eye on her from then on. I was obsessed with Kill Kill when I went to youtube to hear more music. Put Me In A Movie, Kinda Outta Luck and BLUE JEANS I was addicted to and BORN TO DIE is like the best song ever! I was so excited when I heard Paradise as I love every tune. So much brilliance on so many levels. Love Ultra and play it in order while cruising often. So impressed by this artist. She's the best! 

Pre-Born To Die 

Winter of 2011.... Video Games. I don't know how or why I first listened and it's bothering me! Anyone have any ideas? I feel like it may have been youtube suggested... I really don't remember.

Then I bought Video Games in January 2012 on iTunes a couple weeks before BTD came out. 

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18