LANA FANS  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Which Era?

• Pre-BTD
    • Born To Die
    • Paradise
    • Tropic/Transition
    • Ultraviolence

I wouldve have to say right around the Born To Die era right before the album dropped. After seeing Lana's face on every other blog, i decided to give Off To The Races a chance, and i fell in love right after.

Pre-BTD

I discovered her the day the Born to Die video was released, which was December of 2011. My friend Scarlett had been keeping an eye on her and told me to check the video out and I've been a fan ever since :smile2:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

September 2012 when I heard National Anthem and saw the video for the first time on a music channel.

So BTD Era.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

BTD ERA

i bashed her and then i fell in love 

Exactly the same as me!

I was throwing a party and making a playlist and my best friend sent me "Video Games" and i listened to it and was like "What the fuck is this? She sounds like a man this is awful, she's horrid." And then i saw Katy Perry tweet about the album and so i gave it a listen and here we are... 2 years later, utterly in love with this woman. Best thing that's ever happened ahhaha

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

BTD era - I became hooked in Jan 2012. I remember hearing her so many times before and I thought her voice sounded so weird in Born to Die lol. But I gave her a chance and fell in love with it, and Blue Jeans, and that's how the whole obsession began...

After Paradise but prior to tropico. I hated Lana, couldn't stand Born to Die (song) or Video Games. I thought she was annoying, boring and far too melancholy. Then I saw the Paradise edition on Spotify and thought I should perhaps listen to some other tracks before writing her off completely. I liked her music, but it's only from February 2014 onwards that I REALLY started to feel passionate about Lana and her music.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Paradise Era.

I started to like her afer iconic snl performance  :twirls: but I became a fan quick after Ride (aka "the song which changed my life") was released.  :justride2:

cooking up a dream, turning diamonds into snow

I knew about her in June 2011 with VG. I liked the song but it wasn't my type ~ I liked Blue Jeans better (when she released it) and I became a fan when the National Anthem demo leaked (November 2011 I think?). So Pre-BTD :P