Sign in to follow this  
toshi

Lana's Looks / Male Equivalent

Ok so I'm sure this has been discussed to death already but I thought I'd make a topic about it as I think Lana is just beautiful, like I'm not even saying that as a fan but I really do. I've asked this question on other forums and lets just say other people haven't had the same opinion as me which i found quite strange because I just presumed it was a general thought that Lana was gorgeous.

So basically the discussion is to discuss how she comes about making her look, like can you describe it, how would you explain it etc, like I'm talking everything, hair, clothes, makeup, body, style, etc. Basically I want to sort of rip her apart like the media did when she first came out but I'm actually applauding her rather than saying she is fake. Also what you enjoy about her looks as well.

Also who would you describe in terms of looks the male equivalent of Lana. I've always said James Dean but I'm sure there must be someone who is alive who could be called that. I'm talking looks mainly, so either style wise, but mainly hair and face. 

I'm also talking the BTD era when she was looking extremely Hollywood glamorous, not so much now where her look is kinda chilled out and relaxed. 

Here are some of my favourite photos of her:

LANA_DEL_REY-VIDEO_GAMES_220.jpg

27740-Lana-Del-Rey.png

article-2156539-137516E2000005DC-889_634

I get that its a bit of a vague question which Is why I'm saying its more a discussion.

qsVmBMd.png

I think it's so interesting how she has so many looks and styles. LDR was trailer trash, BTD was a beauty queen and UV is stripped back and natural. Her looks really reflect her music, it's so cool.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Jordie Caskey is her male look alike tho 

http://instagram.com/p/l_g-UZhUD-/

Looks a bit alike her, but I get more copying her to be honest, which for me isn't really the equivalent, like I mean someone who's just similar to her but does their own thing. I'd expect someone more masculine as well as I see Lana as feminine so for my the male equivalent would be masculine.

Nice siggy by the way haha.

qsVmBMd.png

Looks a bit alike her, but I get more copying her to be honest, which for me isn't really the equivalent, like I mean someone who's just similar to her but does their own thing. I'd expect someone more masculine as well as I see Lana as feminine so for my the male equivalent would be masculine.

Nice siggy by the way haha.

To be fair most of this photos are random pictures thrown together by his fans, and he just post it there, while yes he is a big Lana fan, he doesn't copy her. :lel:

And there's nothing more masculine than a guy fucking another guy, and if he fucks someone as hot as Simon Curtis he is more masculine.

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

lbr this is the only option

LFeKaeD.jpg

and unlike some people and she doesn't come off like a tryhard copy

In terms of aesthetic I see more Gaga than Lana, But overall I think he looks a lot like Lana, especially the first row middle photo (very Lizzy :air:).

in terms of sheer symmetry and raw sexual magnetism i would say henry cavill 

tumblr_n7y21iSa691sfmwgpo1_250.giftumblr_n7y21iSa691sfmwgpo2_250.gif

tumblr_my7cvr4AZF1r8j1j3o1_250.giftumblr_my7cvr4AZF1r8j1j3o2_250.gif

brb

I've never seen it before this but yeah he looks exactly like a male Lana.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

brb

Yum :flutter:  :makeup:

:heart:  :heart:  :heart:

Something I feel is taboo on this forum is the subject of her (possible) plastic surgery. I'm really interested in picking her looks and image apart (to quote you @@toshi) - coming from a place of admiration and adoration, of course. I don't think it's extremely weird or wrong to be interested in what Lana has done to create herself/her image. She's one of the most beautiful human beings I ever saw and her looks do play an active part in the whole package that is her, so to speak... Her lyrics often describe her as pretty, beautiful etc - wouldn't fit at all if she wasn't. Many of her lyrics fit the idea of a beautiful woman. Imagine if Susan Boyle sang "I Fucked My Way up to the Top" ...or "Cola"?? Anyway, this is just to justify going superficial on her arse  :hooker: And of course, quite a few aren't interested in this aspect of her, but I, for one, am - and I can't even count the many times I have googled "lana del rey plastic surgery/extensions" etc.

I just can't figure out what she did after getting the lip injections when she was still Lizzy. I really think she had more procedures done. She disappeared for (I'm not sure how long) - like a year? Came out on the other side and was LANA. But it wasn't just the lips that were different. She most likely had a nose job, but that was earlier? Hmmm.. Any other plastic surgery nerds out there? :toofunny:

:heart:  :heart:  :heart:

brb

Dayum he is good looking. Is the one of the top the same as the one on the bottom? The guy on the top actually does look like her, time to find lots of photos of him.

Something I feel is taboo on this forum is the subject of her (possible) plastic surgery. I'm really interested in picking her looks and image apart (to quote you @@toshi) - coming from a place of admiration and adoration, of course. I don't think it's extremely weird or wrong to be interested in what Lana has done to create herself/her image. She's one of the most beautiful human beings I ever saw and her looks do play an active part in the whole package that is her, so to speak... Her lyrics often describe her as pretty, beautiful etc - wouldn't fit at all if she wasn't. Many of her lyrics fit the idea of a beautiful woman. Imagine if Susan Boyle sang "I Fucked My Way up to the Top" ...or "Cola"?? Anyway, this is just to justify going superficial on her arse  :hooker: And of course, quite a few aren't interested in this aspect of her, but I, for one, am - and I can't even count the many times I have googled "lana del rey plastic surgery/extensions" etc.

I just can't figure out what she did after getting the lip injections when she was still Lizzy. I really think she had more procedures done. She disappeared for (I'm not sure how long) - like a year? Came out on the other side and was LANA. But it wasn't just the lips that were different. She most likely had a nose job, but that was earlier? Hmmm.. Any other plastic surgery nerds out there? :toofunny:

I've got no problems talking about surgery when it comes to Lana, I'm not dissing her for it so I don't see the problem. Obviously she claims she hasn't had it done so for that reason I won't actively say she has gotten it done, but you're right when you look how different she is when she came back as Lana, like the lips and the nose. I've always wondered definatley about her lips, but they're smaller now so I'm thinking it could have been makeup or something that doesn't last long.

brb

Dayum he is good looking. Is the one of the top the same as the one on the bottom? The guy on the top actually does look like her, time to find lots of photos of him.

I've got no problems talking about surgery when it comes to Lana, I'm not dissing her for it so I don't see the problem. Obviously she claims she hasn't had it done so for that reason I won't actively say she has gotten it done, but you're right when you look how different she is when she came back as Lana, like the lips and the nose. I've always wondered definatley about her lips, but they're smaller now so I'm thinking it could have been makeup or something that doesn't last long.

qsVmBMd.png