Sign in to follow this  
Sitar

Ultraviolence Audio Commentary

If Lana knew and thought that Sad Girl was a filler why didn't she just kept it as a UV bonus track and swapped it for the gem that is Florida Kilos. It would've made sense tracklist wise BC she could've made a story where she travels from Brooklyn-West Coast-Florida. Its such a missed opportunity tbh

LMAO Florida Kilos is a bonus track for a reason... it doesn't fit with the rest of the album, so it wouldn't have been a wise choice for the standard tracklist. Besides, Sad Girl is fantastic what on Earth is people talking about

"Sad Girl, cause I'm still sometimes a sad girl, still things beyond my control, sometimes I do things that I want above maybe what I should do, and, it also is in that key of blue. Reminds me a lot of SOC, and stays within the theme of the record in that way"

I personally don't think she says it's a filler track, like she's not a brilliant mind when it comes to describing things or even talking properly

I'm looking at you Cruel World :notamused:

ZmJh1LG.jpg

She said that Cruel World, Pretty When You Cry, and Old Money are her favorite tracks along with SOC being really meaningful to her.

My hopes for an OM video were just multiplied by 1000 :pray:

"Old money is probably one of the tracks on the record that's the most idyllic of them all. It's more based in kind of, fantastical snapshots I have of being on the corner of Hollywood and vine :uh: , like I was channeling something. It's really my oldest track on the record cuz it's, it's a song that's been in the works for about 5 years. :shock: It was called Methamphetamines at first. And what's funny is, I had to talk to my publishing company, because, I didn't know that I was referencing a melody from the original score of Romeo and Juliet from I think, the sixties. And, it was so similar that, you know half of the publishing belongs to them as well now. (what?) But obviously I was channeling something really...nostalgic. For me it's also one of my favorite tracks."

She said that Cruel World, Pretty When You Cry, and Old Money are her favorite tracks along with SOC being really meaningful to her.

"Old money is probably one of the tracks on the record that's the most idyllic of them all. It's more based in kind of, fantastical snapshots I have of being on the corner of Hollywood and vine :uh: , like I was channeling something. It's really my oldest track on the record cuz it's, it's a song that's been in the works for about 5 years. :shock: It was called Methamphetamines at first. And what's funny is, I had to talk to my publishing company, because, I didn't know that I was referencing a melody from the original score of Romeo and Juliet from I think, the sixties. And, it was so similar that, you know half of the publishing belongs to them as well now. (what?) But obviously I was channeling something really...nostalgic. For me it's also one of my favorite tracks."

I dont know why you bolded Vine but she's talking about Vine Street at LA not the app :derpna:

Here: And, it was so similar that, you know half of the publishing belongs to them as well now. (what?)

Are you asking what she means? She's saying that half of the publishing/copy rights to the song belong to the same people that produced the R&J song she is sampling.

party.gif?w=1100

Here: And, it was so similar that, you know half of the publishing belongs to them as well now. (what?)

Are you asking what she means? She's saying that half of the publishing/copy rights to the song belong to the same people that produced the R&J song she is sampling.

Yeah that's what I was curious about

So does she have to share the profit that comes from the song?

Guest Dot

Omg, the reason I never liked Ultraviolence the song is because it seems to so forced. And it's true! I said it sounds like an after thought, where as Born To die (song) was conceived long before that was the album title, here she had an album title and then moulded it into a song.

THIS.

So funny to hear that she remade a "melancholia" song into UV, because she wanted to call the album like that :D

And the way she really admits she herself considers Sad Girl as a filler ... priceless :lmaoney:

And she still tries to circumvent explaining about what FMWUTTT is about :D

YESSS! Hahaha like, come on...tell us who it's about, Lana! :oopna:

If Lana knew and thought that Sad Girl was a filler why didn't she just kept it as a UV bonus track and swapped it for the gem that is Florida Kilos. It would've made sense tracklist wise BC she could've made a story where she travels from Brooklyn-West Coast-Florida. Its such a missed opportunity tbh

Mhh I think Florida Kilos, Black Beauty and Flipside are all good enough for the standard edition. 12 tracks would've been perfect imo. The Other Woman, Sad Girl and Is This Happiness should've been the bonus tracks and Guns & Roses the iTunes exclusive bonus track.

I dont know why you bolded Vine but she's talking about Vine Street at LA not the app :derpna:

I actually thought she was talking about the Vine that you drink, and then I was like...wait, what? You saidt you don't drink.....

Guest Dot

UGH fucking double-post. Go home, Lanaboards! You're drunk!

Guest Dot

Sad girl is one of the best songs on UV. But why? WHY? WHY? is Is This Happiness (Lana's best song ever) not on the standard?!??????

You have a very extraordinary music taste.

Guest Dot

Thank you :flop:

That post belongs in the unpopular opinion thread, though. :hottie:

Guest Dot

WTF IS THAT???????

It's a demonic parasite that lives inside of Joacquin Phoenix's head. :illumilana: