UltraviolentJack

Why Dosent Lana Use Live Backing Vocalists?

Her vocals slay without....

Seriously though I don't think she really needs them, when I seen her on tour her voice alone was enough for the show. I suppose If I was to really think about it, there may be a few songs where I think it might help to have backing vocals. But considering most pop singers now sing with a lot of back up its nice to have a singer who doesn't use it at all.

qsVmBMd.png

Lana doesn't need them, though backing vocals for MPG would be awesome, especially fot the chorus and the bridge... I'm sure many other songs from UV, and perhaps Y&B (if she still performs it obv) would also sound great with backing vocalists...

ZmJh1LG.jpg

Some music sounds really good with back up like Florence and Machine, but Lana's doesn't quite have that sheer epic-ness that requires so much power. Lana's songs usually sound a bit more intimate, and I think they sound good with just her.

2dt29zc.jpg

She could try having her own vocals of the song playing in the background for support while her live voice is still dominant, for example Rihanna does that a l l  t h e  t i m e.

She does though, if you listen to the performances of West Coast, Ultraviolence and Ride you'll hear a backing track in some parts, esp the chorus.

I agree that it sounds more ~~intimate with only her singing, but some backing vocalists would sound way nicer than the backing track she uses in those three songs.

tumblr_msfqg0hpqG1sx7kg2o5_250.gif

I'm just wondering :)

She always uses the vocals from the song.

Has she ever had live backup singers? :deadbanana:

I don't think she has ever used live backup singers.  Most of her songs don't even have backing vocals, even on the album... it's usually just her.  A few do, but since there are so few of them, it wouldn't make sense to have live backing vocalists just standing around doing nothing most of the time; easier to just use pre-recorded backing vocals.  Lorde does the same thing -- many of her songs have backing vocals (which are all her), and they just play the pre-recorded background tracks when she performs live.

She does though, if you listen to the performances of West Coast, Ultraviolence and Ride you'll hear a backing track in some parts, esp the chorus.

She uses pre-recorded backing vocals there, though, not live singers.  Or is that what you meant?

Backing vocalists are a huge cost for an artist, as well, particularly on tour. Even if you pick up different singers in each city (to avoid paying for transport and hotels), you have to rehearse with them, pay them to perform, and deal with the possibility of them not fitting the group. It would obviously be more authentic if she could have them, but I don't think enough people would appreciate the effort to make it worthwhile.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I mean it took her an era (2 + years) to get a guy to play drums and bass for her.

Remember the early days, She sang all songs on BTD acoustically...and they all sound incomplete and weird and got bad reviews for it (Critics were like "She sounds nothing like the record" I mean duh..No bass)

Yeah, probably it will take another era to get back up singers and another to get more interesting stage production + dancers

I mean it took her an era (2 + years) to get a guy to play drums and bass for her.

Remember the early days, She sang all songs on BTD acoustically...and they all sound incomplete and weird and got bad reviews for it (Critics were like "She sounds nothing like the record" I mean duh..No bass)

Yeah, probably it will take another era to get back up singers and another to get more interesting stage production + dancers

I don't think she ever will get back up singers... And I hope she NEVER EVER EVER gets any dancers...

I AM MY ONLY GOD