Divisive Princess

Hozier

Me prediction back in October was so wrong lol! It makes sense he’s going back to the states, his biggest audience is there after all.

Also, he’s going to South America for the Lollapalooza festivals! I don’t remember the last time he was there, or if he’s ever been?

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

First stop of the European leg and I was there! (Because it’s my hometown lol)

He mentioned twice that last night’s audience was the biggest he’s had in Europe, but I’m not sure if he meant so far on this tour (and it’s the first stop so… well) or biggest one overall. And I’m thinking that’s awesome! But is that really true? Surely, he must’ve had a bigger audience at least at festivals (Glastonbury!) or in Dublin? Oh well. :P The arena was almost completely filled, I heard only 40 tickets were still available! So cool!

The stage was beautiful! This is the Unreal Unearth tour so the set decor was inspired by the album photoshoot - grass and roots were hanging from the ceiling, and sometimes the ends of the roots (or tips of the tree branches) twinkled. So pretty! And the backdrop had this crinkled paper effect, so it all just looked really nice. Excellent camera work, too.

He took breaks sometimes to present a song (how much he admires Mavis Staples), or chat with the audience (challenging the crowd to sing the ooh’s before To be alone starts, mentioning visiting Stockholm as an exchange student when he was a teenager and had ten days to do whatever he wanted in the city). Some of it felt familiar since I’ve already seen him twice before, but it’s always nice to hear. Also! I’m still happy he takes time to present everyone on the crew, and I mean everyone! It just shows how much he appreciates them all.

He sounded excellent, his backup singers (one was new, I don’t remember seeing her before) were AMAZING, setlist was great (unfortunately no No Plan but I kinda already knew it because he didn’t seem to play it on the US tour), I had great company. I stood outside in the cold, waiting for the doors to open for almost three hours, but it was worth it! A girl almost right next to me fainted during the encore, I think she was one of those who had been waiting since six(!) in the morning. Listen, it’s just not worth it, it really isn’t. Take care of yourself if you’re getting a standing ticket. Hozier thankfully saw us pointing for his attention and he stopped the band playing Work song. People moved to make way for her and her friend to get to security, I think they were okay from there.

Also, I was so glad to see like the prettiest band shirt ever?? It’s green and has a birdie with horns on it, so glad they still had my size left!

IMG-8692.jpg

IMG-8660.jpg

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Hozier is dropping his first EP (of two?? three?? who knows!) with four new songs next month! He mentioned a collab with Alison Russell, the song is called “Wildflower and Barley”!

This man stays BUSY aaaa so exciting! I didn’t expect new music so soon! :flutter:

source (Mexican radio channel):  https://www.tiktok.com/@hozierupdates/video/7337778332219542789?_t=8k4ikRshIZs&_r=1

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Deluxe anniversary pressing of Wasteland, Baby! is available! New colored vinyls and additional songs:

• Shrike (Live at Windmill Lane Studios)
  • Moment's Silence (Common Tongue)
  • Why Would You Be Loved
  • Be (Acoustic)
  • NFWMB

Moment's Silence and NFWMB have been released earlier (and I was so mad they didn't make it to the album, and now I'm upset again that they are... on this deluxe pressing I'm not sure I even want), and Hozier said on social media posts that the acoustic version of Be is the original version, which he actually prefers and is supposedly much different from the album release.

https://store.hozier.com/products/wasteland-baby-limited-ultra-clear-transparent-green-vinyl-2lp

Hozier-Wasteland-Baby-5th-Anniversary-Vi

The webshop also sells anniversary merch for Wasteland and the self-titled debut album. I kinda want the green No Plan cap, it's one of my fav songs of his.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I’m looking for 2 tickets for hozier at Finsbury Park July 7th if any of you guys happen to have any you’re selling - if not what’s everyone’s experience with viagogo? It’s the only place I’m finding resale tickets at the moment (for double face value 🙄)

1 hour ago, LustForcocc said:

I’m looking for 2 tickets for hozier at Finsbury Park July 7th if any of you guys happen to have any you’re selling - if not what’s everyone’s experience with viagogo? It’s the only place I’m finding resale tickets at the moment (for double face value 🙄)

I have no idea how viagogo is like or how trustworthy it is, unfortunately. However, maybe there'll be more tickets closer to the show when people can't go because something unexpected comes up. Good luck!

---------------------------------

Alsoooo, Unheard EP has released! Four songs that didn't make it to the Unreal Unearth album. Too Sweet seems to have become a hit, and I personally like Empire Now a lot. :bop: A merch line has dropped as well.

https://store.hozier.com/collections/unheard

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png