GangstaBoy

'Big Eyes' and 'I Can Fly' Released, Featured in Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'

Initially, i immediately loved the vocal grandness of  I Can Fly, but I was unable to get Big Eyes. However, now out of the two, Big Eyes has become my favorite. Both songs stand as symbols of Lana's growth as an artist, particularly, a vocal perfectionist. Big Eyes, though. Wow. It is well written, sinister in the way Lana delivers it vocally, and elegantly harsh, especially in those last lines of the second verse where Lana goes,

"Your world was burning and I stood watching
As I looked on, the flames grew high

You watched me frown
I said "goodbye" .

Work, Lana!

The first verse's "I saw you creeping around the garden; what are you hiding?" There is something about that line, the way that she sings it, as it opens the song, that captures every part of me. The image it creates is clear and vivid due to Lana's emotive skills.

(Sorry that I'm bringing this thread back up.) At the iTunes Festival she actually sorta hummed I Can Fly at the end of National Anthem. I know she already made I Can Fly and only changed the lyrics for the movie, but it makes me wonder what the original lyrics were.

https://youtu.be/8p13Ya2pTms?t=42m49s

I don't know if someone already noticed it, I thought it was worth mentioning.

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

(Sorry that I'm bringing this thread back up.) At the iTunes Festival she actually sorta hummed I Can Fly at the end of National Anthem. I know she already made I Can Fly and only changed the lyrics for the movie, but it makes me wonder what the original lyrics were.

https://youtu.be/8p13Ya2pTms?t=42m49s

I don't know if someone already noticed it, I thought it was worth mentioning.

Oh wow, it really does sound like it tbh