GangstaBoy

'Big Eyes' and 'I Can Fly' Released, Featured in Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'

@@Electric Body you literally have described these songs and how I feel about them exactly. The only thing I would add is that I like that she finally is writing from a strong female's perspective instead of a victim. Even if it is from a character's point of view and not hers, its still a start and I hope it'll inspire her to go more down that road hopefully with better songs

EDIT: And if she wins an Oscar you can rest knowing you wrote an Oscar-winning chorus in 20 seconds on this thread on page 3.  :toofunny:

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

She has implied before that her process starts from deciding the name and the theme of the record. I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that she decided to call her next album Ultra-violence and have eleven tracks on the record before she had written the title track or any songs off the record. She has already expressed interest in working with Giorgio Moroder, and he's talked about working with her, so right now I don't care how long we have to wait because I'm sure that if she's already excited enough to be talking about her next record and if both of them are interested whatever we get will be fucking awesome. Not sure if he'll work with her on some EP re-release of UV like she's talked about making before, or whether they'll produce an entirely new record together.

(Just imagine a HOUSE style Lana era :eartha2:)

The 'extension' EP is usually a promotion trick from the record label side to sell more CDs and counts towards the chart in the same album name, and also backward-promotion (Paradise helped with a lot of sales for BTD). However I have only seen every mainstream singer used this trick once (Gaga's The Fame Monster, Katy's Teenage Dream: Complete Confection, etc.) I have always treated Paradise as an seperate record and its sound is quite distinct from BTD as well. So yeah I don't think Lana will have an extended version for UV.

Also with Moroder collaboration the only thing I can think of is that she will sing in one of his track on his album. However his 2015 album was confirmed lately and there is no LDR name on it. Quite disapointed tho

1381725_743035602447426_1123883152398385

Just found this on a LDR fanpage called I'm fucking in love with Lana Del Rey. And I thought I will put it up here. So it dose look like if this is official mind you that BE will be chosen to be up for consideration instead of ICF....

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

1381725_743035602447426_1123883152398385

Just found this on a LDR fanpage called I'm fucking in love with Lana Del Rey. And I thought I will put it up here. So it dose look like if this is official mind you that BE will be chosen to be up for consideration instead of ICF....

i saw this on sale on ebay the onther day there were 2 of them they each went for like 70$ each

Ciggeretes and RoboTusin will i ever get to Heaven

It's official Lana has been nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Original Song  :D 

http://www.hfpa.org/nominations-2015/

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I feel like I Can Fly is stronger than Big Eyes but they both are similar sonically. I'm happy for her!

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

I feel like I Can Fly is stronger than Big Eyes but they both are similar sonically. I'm happy for her!

Whoa, my reply disappeared and turned into a blank post... anyway...

What I had originally said was that while "Big Eyes" is my favorite among the two, there are things I like about both. I think her voice sounds stronger in "Big Eyes," probably because she's using more of her middle to upper register. In "I Can Fly," she uses a more expansive range, and while I like the sound of her voice when she sings low, it sounds a bit forced when she hits that very bottom note. But overall, I still like the way it sounds.

Hi there, I don't post here much but thought I'd ask this as I'm sure someone will be able to answer! :)

As of yet, I've seen no release date for an iTunes/CD release of the official film soundtrack, but I assume one is coming soon.

All I want to know is, will there be tracks on there that kinda sound like Lana's two tracks? For example, in Titanic you have 'my heart will go on' referencing through, and of course like in the great gatsby where Y&B was played in different ways.

I just love 'I Can Fly' so much & to hear that in various forms would be amazing, whether vocally or instrumentally

I am in love with 'I Can Fly'.

I like most of Lana's songs so I'd probably never hate these two songs, but when I heard this particular one (ICF) it really made my ears prick up. It's catchy and just lovely, one of her nicer songs and with a story behind it obviousy.

I LOVE the last 30 seconds or so with the piano/playground sounds, kinda like 'Bel Air'. Just absolutely beautiful.

I'm so surprised to see people here saying they hate it!!?