GangstaBoy

'Big Eyes' and 'I Can Fly' Released, Featured in Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'

Both songs are ok, but I simply don't understand why she choses to let them fall flat during the chorus. Pretty straight-forward and once again no interesting bridges, tempo changes etc.

But hell, these are just for soundtracks. I really hope she manages to get more shifts and layers with her upcoming material. These simple choruses that are so present on UV just leave me behind with a feeling that something is missing. 

That's why she needs Justin Parker back.

how can you not love i can fly???

it's so "lana del rey" especially the verses

(not directed at anyone, just musing)

:bliss:

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

I can fly reminds me of Angels Forever/American/Ride and that's why I love it so much. Big Eyes I'm not feeling yet. But then again almost all of Lana's song I had to listen to a couple of times first before it becomes like a classic to me.

I like both songs, but it's very obvious she wrote the lyrics with the film's material in mind.  That's why I don't really like movie themes very much.  They are inauthentic.  I'm feeling a lack of the passion Lana usually has, singing lyrics written about her own life.

That said, I'll take any new Lana songs I can get at this point :P

I finally had a proper listen to both tracks, I prefer Big Eyes over I Can Fly. I like the mood of Big Eyes, it build up well then it fall flat somehow. I Can Fly sounds nothing like her, rather boring to be honest. I feel it's not the right producer she's working with. Who are the producers again? Meh, what a waste! I kinda get a feeling that Lana is forced to make these songs, I wish they would give her a theme and let her do her own thing. I Can Fly sound very much like she's trying very hard to impress someone, but she's so much more than that!

Big EYES is incredible...Honestly, i love it so much. it's not flat at all.

I felt like that yesterday but listening to it multiple times now only confirm how amazing it is.

I love how it builds up towards the end. Definitely her best soundtrack song to date.

I'll get down to Big Eyes any day, but I much prefer I Can Fly! The first thought that popped into my head listening to it for the first time was ERIK SATIE and his Gymnopedie no. 1. Well, I guess that's technically two thoughts.

:heart:  :heart:  :heart:

I'll get down to Big Eyes any day, but I much prefer I Can Fly! The first thought that popped into my head listening to it for the first time was ERIK SATIE and his Gymnopedie no. 1. Well, I guess that's technically two thoughts.

Cool! :)  I played that piece on the piano when I was a teenager taking lessons.

Cool! :)  I played that piece on the piano when I was a teenager taking lessons.

What a great piece to learn when you're just starting out! Do you sense the same influence? Or am I flying solo on this one? x

:heart:  :heart:  :heart: