paradise27390

Kate Bush

This was really hard  :deadbanana: Best to mediocre as she doesn't really have any clunkers.

The Dreaming

Hounds of Love

Never For Ever

The Sensual World

Lionheart

The Kick Inside

50 Words for Snow

Aerial

Director's Cut

The Red Shoes

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

guys sorry for the bump but i'm looking for a few random songs to complete my collection, can anyone help?

which songs are you looking for? i have pretty much her entire discography

i used to be casady  :teehee: 

@ @iamamiwhoami i need:

Ran Tan Waltz

Passing Through Air
The Empty Bullring
Lord of the Reedy River
Ne t'enfuis pas
Un baiser d’enfant
Candle in the Wind
Show a Little Devotion
Home for Christmas
You Want Alchemy
Sexual Healing
December Will Be Magic Again
Warm and Soothing
Don’t Give Up (with Peter Gabriel)
The Man I Love (with Larry Adler)

​but i also would love to compare with what you guys have because who knows i might be missing even more

H0bDaqU.gif

@@National Anthem do you have her demos and home recordings? The '73 and '76 demos are like Kate's version of Sirens-- stripped down piano (in this case) tracks that are simple, but they all have really great concepts and stories, plus there's some really interesting early versions of later songs. 

(btw, if anyone can direct me to hq versions of the tracks NA is looking for too, I'd be much obliged-- "Passing Through Air" especially  :derpna2: )

o4qjp4j.png

@@National Anthem do you have her demos and home recordings? The '73 and '76 demos are like Kate's version of Sirens-- stripped down piano (in this case) tracks that are simple, but they all have really great concepts and stories, plus there's some really interesting early versions of later songs.

no I don't! only have official releases currently, maybe I'll dive into those later though hm

H0bDaqU.gif

Which albums of hers are your fav??

I'm trying to get into her work but don't really know where to start. I have downloads of all of her albums but don't know what her best work is.

So far I am love with some of her Hounds of Love songs (I've heard that's one of her most popular albums?). Could anybody help me as to where I should go from there? 

Thank you in advance :) 

I'm trying to get into her work but don't really know where to start. I have downloads of all of her albums but don't know what her best work is.

So far I am love with some of her Hounds of Love songs (I've heard that's one of her most popular albums?). Could anybody help me as to where I should go from there? 

The Dreaming is probably my favorite early album, although the early ones are all really dynamic and you can't lose by just going in chrono order. Also her discog is not that large. The second side of Aerial (Sky of Honey? one big track with different song segments) is probably the easiest way to get into her more adventurous side that still remains poppish (maybe even a little more poppish than that side of Hounds of Love with the connected songs). 50 words of Snow has some bloat on some songs but a lot of highlights too (among angels, snowed in at Wheeler St....the duet with Elton John, Misty). That's probably her most challenging album, and it's pretty clear she wasn't aiming for a comeback with it. And for those that don't think Honeymoon is a pop album, they should compare it to FWFS (it's just about as long as HM too).

I've got to recommend going chronologically-- start with The Kick Inside, and go from there. That's what I did, and it was the first album that got me hooked! However, if you're already enjoying some of HoL, I'd say also try The Dreaming. Both have pop moments but also get really experimental and deep  :)

o4qjp4j.png

The Dreaming is probably my favorite early album, although the early ones are all really dynamic and you can't lose by just going in chrono order. Also her discog is not that large. The second side of Aerial (Sky of Honey? one big track with different song segments) is probably the easiest way to get into her more adventurous side that still remains poppish (maybe even a little more poppish than that side of Hounds of Love with the connected songs). 50 words of Snow has some bloat on some songs but a lot of highlights too (among angels, snowed in at Wheeler St....the duet with Elton John, Misty). That's probably her most challenging album, and it's pretty clear she wasn't aiming for a comeback with it. And for those that don't think Honeymoon is a pop album, they should compare it to FWFS (it's just about as long as HM too).

I've got to recommend going chronologically-- start with The Kick Inside, and go from there. That's what I did, and it was the first album that got me hooked! However, if you're already enjoying some of HoL, I'd say also try The Dreaming. Both have pop moments but also get really experimental and deep  :)

Thank you both so much! I think I will go in chronological order, so I can see how she progresses from each album to the next. I am quite excited to get more into her music - I've heard such great things about her and from what I've heard so far, I think she could end up being one of my favorite artists, for sure! 

Thanks so so much, I will definitely re-read all of your descriptions before listening to each release just to get a mental vibe of what I'm about to be listening to :)