ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I'm flabbergasted by the fact that some of you believe that Haynie, Heath or Nowels could have ever done this record justice.

not being mean but you are literally so basic

Thank you. You see, I dont feel the need to bow down to every move Lana makes... I didn't enjoy Ultraviolence as much as BTD. Yeah that's right - I preferred the more marketable album that appealed to the general masses than the less successful one, because for me BTD, has the better songs that I simply prefer to listen to. I see no point in lying and if that makes me "literally so basic" then literally so be it.

Would love Honeymoon to be a return to BTD sound or would appreciate something fresh, but please, do not return to Ultraviolence.

Thank you. You see, I dont feel the need to bow down to every move Lana makes... I didn't enjoy Ultraviolence as much as BTD. Yeah that's right - I preferred the more marketable album that appealed to the general masses than the less successful one, because for me BTD, has the better songs that I simply prefer to listen to. I see no point in lying and if that makes me "literally so basic" then literally so be it.

Would love Honeymoon to be a return to BTD sound or would appreciate something fresh, but please, do not return to Ultraviolence.

Yes, you're right. If it appealed to the masses, it must be better quality. Just look at Justin Bieber, One Direction, and Iggy Azalea. The Beatles could nevah.

Yes, you're right. If it appealed to the masses, it must be better quality. Just look at Justin Bieber, One Direction, and Iggy Azalea. The Beatles could nevah.

You've completely missed my point, not once did I say Born To Die was better because it appealed to the masses, it's better because it is (for me).

I don't think anyone here takes issue with whichever album you prefer. But we needn't discuss UV in this thread at all. I mean it's fine to say something like: "I'd be excited to hear a record similar to BTD" but saying that UV is "not that great of an album" is irrelevant and aggravating. I, for one, think of UV as Lana's best offering yet. Am I, and the many people who share this opinion, supposed to allow you to trash our taste in music without batting an eye? See, now we've degraded this thread into petty arguments about albums not related to the album at hand when all @@ilovetati really did was express affection for both the records in question. None of us wish to constrain your right to express your opinion, but a lot of us are tired of people so constantly flexing this right as if we give a fuck :toofunny:

Instead of everybody just posting: "I wish the new album would be like this", "I want that", "OMG let ha promote" etc....Why don't we start to get more familiar with Mark Ronson as a record producer?

After listening to the Black Keys a lot before UV dropped, I knew what was coming. I mean, nobody can totally change their handwriting. 

When you know with what you are dealing with from the beginning, it makes it easier to get into a record once it's out.

Instead of everybody just posting: "I wish the new album would be like this", "I want that", "OMG let ha promote" etc....Why don't we start to get more familiar with Mark Ronson as a record producer?

After listening to the Black Keys a lot before UV dropped, I knew what was coming. I mean, nobody can totally change their handwriting. 

When you know with what you are dealing with from the beginning, it makes it easier to get into a record once it's out.

Honestly I can see Mark Ronson producing an album with a sound closer to BTD than UV, so just comparing Lana's work so far I'm thinking the album will have a lighter tone to it. It obviously won't be a BTD.part2 but I'm excited for the direction she is headed in.

qsVmBMd.png

Actually, Ronson produces a lot of jazzy rock and soul music. So, don't be surprised when Lana's description of "jazz meets soft grunge" materializes into something closer to UV with hints of BTD here and there.

Actually, Ronson produces a lot of jazzy rock and soul music. So, don't be surprised when Lana's description of "jazz meets soft grunge" materializes into something closer to UV with hints of BTD here and there.

His music is very commercial I think it will be a far cry from UV, but I also don't think it will be particularly close to BTD either.

The good thing about Lana making him the producer (allegedly, what we suppose now) is that I have re-discovered Back To Black again. I really forgot how much I loved "Love Is A Losing Game".  :(

The good thing about Lana making him the producer (allegedly, what we suppose now) is that I have re-discovered Back To Black again. I really forgot how much I loved "Love Is A Losing Game".  :(

Wake Up Alone is my favourite Amy song and one of my favourite songs ever, I feel lyrically it really matches the stuff on Sirens it could be a Lana song

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

The good thing about Lana making him the producer (allegedly, what we suppose now) is that I have re-discovered Back To Black again. I really forgot how much I loved "Love Is A Losing Game". :(

I know, that's one of my favorite albums. Tears Dry on Their Own <3

I love a lot of albums in that vein actually. Rockferry, Dusty in Memphis, Tapestry, 19, Cher's 60s stuff, Ronnettes. I think it would work very well for Lana and Ronson to go for undertones of the soul sound.

Wake Up Alone is my favourite Amy song and one of my favourite songs ever, I feel lyrically it really matches the stuff on Sirens it could be a Lana song

OFF-TOPIC WARNING FOR EVRYBODY INTERESTED IN ACTUAL ALBUM NEWS ON HONEYMOON, PLS SKIP FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!: 

I love every song on that record, but I really try to avoid listening too much to Amy. I am still mad at her, the people who were around her and upset or just mad at the drugs that killed her...I could go on about this for hours. Out of the people who went too soon she is my number one. I have personally never cared for Nirvana (don't judge me), but Amy's death really hit me like a train, although you saw it coming from an ocean away.

Anyway, back on topic. I hope Lana and Mark are not going too close to Amy sound, I know Mark loves the album, but Lana ás good as she is in her own lane, just can't match Amy

OFF-TOPIC WARNING FOR EVRYBODY INTERESTED IN ACTUAL ALBUM NEWS ON HONEYMOON, PLS SKIP FOR YOUR OWN GOOD!: 

I love every song on that record, but I really try to avoid listening too much to Amy. I am still mad at her, the people who were around her and upset...I could go on about this for hours. Out of the people who went too soon she is my number one. I have personally never cared for Nirvana (don't judge me), but Amy's death really hit me like a train, although you saw it coming from an ocean away.

Anyway, back on topic. I hope Lana and Mark are not going too close to Amy sound, I know Mark loves the album, but Lana ás good as she is in her own lane, just can't match Amy

I'm so bad at finding sources (even though only, what, two articles have explicitly discussed Honeymoon :toofunny: ) but I thought Lana said it wasn't going in that direction. Just that Ronson was going to help her get the album to sound how she wants it too. I'm not anticipating it to sound too much like his own discography. I think the songs will be recognizable as being produced by him, but I don't think it'll reach Winehouse territory

I'm so bad at finding sources (even though only, what, two articles have explicitly discussed Honeymoon :toofunny: ) but I thought Lana said it wasn't going in that direction. Just that Ronson was going to help her get the album to sound how she wants it too. I'm not anticipating it to sound too much like his own discography. I think the songs will be recognizable as being produced by him, but I don't think it'll reach Winehouse territory

Yes, she said it wouldn't parallel with his usual "soul and funk," but that it would be more in the vein of classic jazz "with a bit of soft grunge."

But that does sound like a lot of relatively less popular jazz fusion albums that he has produced. We'll just have to see...like I've said, her albums are always very different from the initial descriptions that she gives us.

I highly doubt that Lana will even be thinking about going that direction. She already has her own aesthetic and will probably keep to that just with a different sound for the album. I'm sure it will definitely sound like a 'Lana' album, she's not the type too let someone change her sound and aesthetic.

qsVmBMd.png

Wake Up Alone is probably my favorite song of all time.  :oprah: Mind you, I'm talking about the version on Lioness.

The Beatles appeal to the masses. :derpna3: They were the biggest boyband in the world. Adele also appeal to the masses yet they all have critical appeal.These are perfect example of crafting Quality ACCESSIBLE music.

Lana honey...she's loosing touch and we'll all need to accept that.

Raising the likes of Justin, Iggy as examples are ludicrous because they are commercial products to begin with.

Lana has the ability to make great accessible music while maintaining quality but she chose not too. and That was the problem with UV.

I love every song on that record, but I really try to avoid listening too much to Amy. I am still mad at her, the people who were around her and upset or just mad at the drugs that killed her...I could go on about this for hours. Out of the people who went too soon she is my number one. I have personally never cared for Nirvana (don't judge me), but Amy's death really hit me like a train, although you saw it coming from an ocean away.

Addiction is a terrible disease that is so difficult for addicts to treat. It's hard to blame people... but I see where you're coming from. It's scary to think that those who were close to her saw the inevitable destruction that we all saw and didn't "save her" or "help her." (Who knows what they did do, though. None of us were there in her close intimate circle. Her dad does really seem like a terrible enabler though. I haven't read "My Daughter Amy" because something just doesn't sit right with me on Mitch.) 

I miss Amy every day. I listen to her records and think about the brilliance that was left in her. She really saved my life.