ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Actually, Ronson produces a lot of jazzy rock and soul music. So, don't be surprised when Lana's description of "jazz meets soft grunge" materializes into something closer to UV with hints of BTD here and there.

My body couldn't handle that  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:

The best elements of UV combined with the best of BtD/Paradise sonically and visually would leave me on the floor.

i want the videos back  :icant: not necessarily the big budget - but the way they tell a story 

lanas songs will always be about men n thats the way i like it  :usrs:

tumblr_myss44sOvJ1sut3cso1_250.gif

I'm still questioning what happened with the UV era and why she's releasing so soon another album. I have 3 scenarios:

MAYBE SHES JUST FEELING INSPIRED OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_myss44sOvJ1sut3cso1_250.gif

i want the videos back  :icant: not necessarily the big budget - but the way they tell a story 

lanas songs will always be about men n thats the way i like it  :usrs:

Image the Honeymoon era having TV promo and an actual slew of consistent singles with high budget videos  :creep:

:crying5:  :crying5:  :crying5:  :crying5:  :crying5:  :crying5:  :crying5:  :crying5:

I need this back in my life. I was watching the Born To Die video and its so epic, like its on the same scale as an actual film.

qsVmBMd.png

I love reading what people imagine the album will sound like, I honestly have no idea except I would definitely like it if she did a few upbeat songs.

I adored BTD's hip-hop beats and wouldn't mind hearing them from time to time but I doubt they'll ever come back and I don't have a problem with that. She moved on, no need to repeat yourself if you don't want to.

I'm here to see whatever she decides to do, and listening to Ronson's productions, I'm excited to see what they'll do together :thirst:

kySyfQZ.jpg

I really hope we get some well-written choruses with Honeymoon. Lana and co got a bit lazy with chorus writing on UV and there was a lot of repetition. I miss choruses like BTD, VG and Ride.

#bringbackjustinparker

Justin Parker's songwriting with Emile Haynie/Mark Ronson as producers would be ideal.

I really hope Emile is on Honeymoon. They seem to still have a working relationship.

The Beatles appeal to the masses. :derpna3: They were the biggest boyband in the world. Adele also appeal to the masses yet they all have critical appeal.These are perfect example of crafting Quality ACCESSIBLE music.

Lana honey...she's loosing touch and we'll all need to accept that.

Raising the likes of Justin, Iggy as examples are ludicrous because they are commercial products to begin with.

Lana has the ability to make great accessible music while maintaining quality but she chose not too. and That was the problem with UV.

Not everyone agrees with you on this. And if you're trying to make people come around to your opinion, you're doing a terrible job.

Here's the reality:

Adele hit a zeitgeist with her album and hasn't followed it up nearly 5 years later. The Beatles were their own monster, 40 years ago. The comparisons are nonsense. Lana Del Rey has always been on the periphery, she even says it herself. She is an IMMENSELY polarizing figure. The Beatles and Adele are not. They were safe, they were for all ages. Lana Del Rey is not prime-time, she's not Clive Davis, she's not the Grammys, she's not John Lennon, she's not 20x platinum. She is maligned just as much as she is adored. Why are you so intent on making her a Billboard creation? Let the bitch be whatever she wants.

I think a lot of people are missing the point when I brought up the fact that my preferential album was the one that appealed to a mass audience.

I had been called 'basic' by a fellow member and the point I'm making is that although its meant in a derogatory way, I'm not offended by it.

The point is, I do prefer the album that was more commercially appealing and there's nothing wrong with that. Yep I'm one of those cliche fans that many music snobs on here look down on complete with the flower garlands in my hair - but theres room for us all! I'm not interested in dissecting every song Lana creates and attempting to appreciate a song that otherwise doesn't push my buttons by emphasising how 'lyrically artistic' the song is, and I'm not interested in joining competitions to be Lana's biggest or most loyal fan either.

I think a lot of people are missing the point when I brought up the fact that my preferential album was the one that appealed to a mass audience.

I had been called 'basic' by a fellow member and the point I'm making is that although its meant in a derogatory way, I'm not offended by it.

The point is, I do prefer the album that was more commercially appealing and there's nothing wrong with that. Yep I'm one of those cliche fans that many music snobs on here look down on complete with the flower garlands in my hair - but theres room for us all! I'm not interested in dissecting every song Lana creates and attempting to appreciate a song that otherwise doesn't push my buttons by emphasising how 'lyrically artistic' the song is, and I'm not interested in joining competitions to be Lana's biggest or most loyal fan either.

And that's fine, but it works both ways. You shouldn't make a general, definitive statement like "UV isn't high quality" when many fans feel very differently about it.

And that's fine, but it works both ways. You shouldn't make a general, definitive statement like "UV isn't high quality" when many fans feel very differently about it.

Um, I thought it'd be common sense to interpret that as her opinion and not a general statement (which i agree with)

Not everyone agrees with you on this. And if you're trying to make people come around to your opinion, you're doing a terrible job.

Here's the reality:

Adele hit a zeitgeist with her album and hasn't followed it up nearly 5 years later. The Beatles were their own monster, 40 years ago. The comparisons are nonsense. Lana Del Rey has always been on the periphery, she even says it herself. She is an IMMENSELY polarizing figure. The Beatles and Adele are not. They were safe, they were for all ages. Lana Del Rey is not prime-time, she's not Clive Davis, she's not the Grammys, she's not John Lennon, she's not 20x platinum. She is maligned just as much as she is adored. Why are you so intent on making her a Billboard creation? Let the bitch be whatever she wants.

Adele's music is like water, everybody can drink it but gets you nowhere. Lana's music is like gin, you ca hate it, but, in any case, if you consume it you get drunk.

I have a theory regarding the source of the controversy surrounding her: forget about the fake back story accusation, plastic surgery and other nonsense, the real problem of hers is the lack of convincing live performances. If Lana would perform convincingly live she would be unstoppable all the ”accusations” would simply melt away. No one who loves her music wants her to mimic standard pop star performances (jump around, changing a gazillion of costumes with 100 dancers on stage) but what some of us (and some of her critics) expect from her is to sing professionally at her concerts, to sing a damn song in tune, live on television. The real credibility problem of hers is not as much as a songwriter but as a singer and, in my view, Honeymoon will be a make or break deal for her from this perspective. I remember when she sung live SoC at the HFC last year and she excused herself by saying that it was for the first time. I saw some recorded variations of her performance and it wasn't bad at all, but really, she sung SoC for the first time live after 5 months of the release of the single?! You cannot do that as a serious singer, period. She has to sing live her new songs to show that she's a good singer and that she has a message that she wants to convey towards the audience. I don't give her a break on that