ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

The mansfield show anyone? heard there were major sound issues again for the first part of the show.. like first 4 songs or something..

people saying they couldnt hear her singing and stuff was screwed up.. whats with all the sound issues? maybe a new set of engineers needed..

I was at the Mansfield show! Of course, I loved it, but the sound was definitely off. As someone who's an audio engineer it was aggravating :rip:

The sound wasn't like crazily unbearable or non-understandable but it was all EXTREMELY loud and sounded very overdriven + muddled (at times). The instruments were so loud that at times Lana's voice just got washed out pretty much. The backing vocals were a lil too loud too I'd say.

WELL

there's always september like she said

or october :) :)

...or november....

........or december....

..or december 31st................

She has until November of this year to release her album, because December sells are the pits lol so are the January ones

And BTD was successful because it had longevity.

Yeah, not really because it sold tons of albums in the first week. But it had longevity because she was on the public eye for years until UV x.x

And BTD was successful because it had longevity.

and hype in the beggining that lasted, at least in Europe for like almost a year. But true, it had longevity because Lana was not giving up in the sense that she made beautiful videos, went on tour in Europe, and last but not least BTD being a remarkable pop debut.

I really don't get complains about her being lazy or nothing happening. it doesn't matter what you think of the quality of Ultraviolence or whatever. she released three albums in three years. most artists probably released one album during that time period. go chill a bit. let her take her time. buy Ciara's new album Jackie on Itunes. 

tumblr_msfqg0hpqG1sx7kg2o5_250.gif

I really don't get complains about her being lazy or nothing happening. it doesn't matter what you think of the quality of Ultraviolence or whatever. she released three albums in three years. most artists probably released one album during that time period. go chill a bit. let her take her time. buy Ciara's new album Jackie on Itunes. 

I agree, but Jack is not that great though

ugh bye, it's not our fault that she's releasing 3 albums so soon, she was the one that talked about Honeymoon soon after UV, and about MTWBT too. If she didnt talk about any of those things we wouldnt be waiting for them in the first place lol 

ugh bye, it's not our fault that she's releasing 3 albums so soon, she was the one that talked about Honeymoon soon after UV, and about MTWBT too. If she didnt talk about any of those things we wouldnt be waiting for them in the first place lol 

anyway it doesn't make much sense to act as if she is deliberately withholding new music or w/e. the album probably isn't ready plain and simple. this isn't a rihanna situation (yet)

tumblr_msfqg0hpqG1sx7kg2o5_250.gif

She literally announced MTWBT like 2 minutes after Ultraviolence came out

See, it's not our fault lmfao. And the fact that she seemed to be over UV when she released it, didnt do any favor to her and us.

I don't understand these critical posts about Lana at this time. She said last year that she had a follow-up idea after UV, she said that the album is almost ready and then she spilled the release date which is September. Nothing unusual or inconsistent here she didn't break her word yet. We should be proud of her because she is finishing successfully (bar that technical issue at the GovBall) a big arena tour which is quite a feat. Her live performances are giving me hope that she'll be a consistent good a performer from now on. I want new material from her but I'm not bummed that she didn't performed songs from HM on her tour because this is a sign that she has a plan for the HM release. She never said that the first single for HM will come out this month so we have to wait patiently for that.

I observed how mature she looked on this tour. The poppy, youthful Lana is gone and we have a serious (still beautiful) woman instead. I cannot associate a HM pop era with Lana's image at the moment. I'm more convinced now that a more artistic (UV like album) is the right way forward for her even if she'll not regain her BTD era popularity and commercial success. So I don't expect any BTD level hype around the HM release but at least a couple of TV appearances and good videos would be nice from her.

Does Lana even like UV lmao? I know she gets all in her feelings about certain songs so the whole thing (minus some bonus tracks) probably remind her of Barrie or some shit and she's like NOPE. Or she's over the novelty of the "narco-swing" sound production like I am :crai: and that's why she was so quick to be like "WAIT NO THIS ONE SOUNDS LIKE BTD" despite UV doing fine in sales with the different sound

tZ7WN4B.gif