ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

R.I.P My ears.  :toofunny:

Yo soy él, cegado por tu inocencia, y esperando el día en el que me veas, aunque parece tardar más que la promesa de felicidad.                                                                                            

Where exactly does it say that he produced it?

2wMg4bI.png

Keefus is mainly a composer, so he was probably a co-writer for the instrumental notes.

Yep that's what I meant. He's mainly a composer, not a writer. So I thought it was safe to assume that he's the producer. (Since HFA has no place to put the producer's name except on the writers) :)

giphy.gif

I think some of the people on here (and many lana stans in general) don't get the concept that artists always reinvent themselves and get a new sound, and usually don't repeat that same sound. Something Lana is actually really good at. She went from a Folk acoustic album, May Jailer, to AKA (don't really know how to describe it LOL). To Born To Die with the hip hop beats, to paradise with the beautifully orchestrated strings, to ultraviolence with its dark rock sound. And we have yet to hear Honeymoons sound!

Yes agree, but at the same time, sometimes artists reinvent themselves into oblivion. I think its good to do new things and change out a little, as long as the core greatness of what 'was' really great is still there. Its great to see artists mature in their music, like for example I never heard any songs in my life from selena g, but heard "Good for you", and totally blew me away.. could have sounded incredible if Lana did that song. But people say she changed her style completely for that song..

i think it is killing it as far as commercially right now. its huge and beautifully done.

Lana BTD era was huge, but the UV was good to, if she can still create sounds and songs like thos albums, with some newer influences,, that would be great i think, and alot of people would like it, but if she changed out drastically to something completely different from 'everything' she has done before, may not go over well with anyone.

so thats a bit worrying.. however, no one can deny, that her voice and depth is beautiful. absolutely incredible.

Yes agree, but at the same time, sometimes artists reinvent themselves into oblivion. I think its good to do new things and change out a little, as long as the core greatness of what 'was' really great is still there. Its great to see artists mature in their music, like for example I never heard any songs in my life from selena g, but heard "Good for you", and totally blew me away.. could have sounded incredible if Lana did that song. But people say she changed her style completely for that song..

i think it is killing it as far as commercially right now. its huge and beautifully done.

Lana BTD era was huge, but the UV was good to, if she can still create sounds and songs like thos albums, with some newer influences,, that would be great i think, and alot of people would like it, but if she changed out drastically to something completely different from 'everything' she has done before, may not go over well with anyone.

so thats a bit worrying.. however, no one can deny, that her voice and depth is beautiful. absolutely incredible.

thisthisthisthis

Yo soy él, cegado por tu inocencia, y esperando el día en el que me veas, aunque parece tardar más que la promesa de felicidad.                                                                                            

If she does something Spanish-themed I will die happily

Is it safe to say that Honeymoon is basically going to be promoted on the same level as Ultraviolence? I mean her label hasn't really done much to promote the album. I feel like Lana's present music contains much more "artistic freedom" and is more about the sound than mainstream recognition, unlike Born To Die which sounded more commercial.

i mean i love ultraviolence but i am craving those raw upbeat instrumentals from btd

Am I the only one who thinks that the album is 14 tracks altogether? As much as I'd love to get a lot of new songs, I really want a standard-only record. (Plus, deluxe BTD and UV were not available in my country and I don't want that repeated with HM  :creep:)

I think some of the people on here (and many lana stans in general) don't get the concept that artists always reinvent themselves and get a new sound, and usually don't repeat that same sound. Something Lana is actually really good at. She went from a Folk acoustic album, May Jailer, to AKA (don't really know how to describe it LOL). To Born To Die with the hip hop beats, to paradise with the beautifully orchestrated strings, to ultraviolence with its dark rock sound. And we have yet to hear Honeymoons sound!

yess, I agree so much. but Lana still has this...style, like a sonical aesthetic. and I adore that. she can still create different sounds while still keeping in that style. I think the general sound is what many people are talking about, but I adore it. it makes Lana unique, it's almost like a copyrighted style, it's just her.

I think we already know Honeymoon's sound. the title track is definitely something heavenly, so if the rest of the tracks are like it, then it will be perfect. and it still fits into Lana's style, it's actually very her. I am anticipating for Honeymoon so hard omg but in a way I'm kinda scared because the song Honeymoon is already as perfect as it is. 

Is it safe to say that Honeymoon is basically going to be promoted on the same level as Ultraviolence? I mean her label hasn't really done much to promote the album. I feel like Lana's present music contains much more "artistic freedom" and is more about the sound than mainstream recognition, unlike Born To Die which sounded more commercial.

i mean i love ultraviolence but i am craving those raw upbeat instrumentals from btd

I hope Honeymoon doesn't go mainstream, I really truly hope not :crying4:

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

I hope that the other instrumentals on the album are loud and not quiet like Honeymoon's one, even though I love honeymoon, lana's instrumentals are a big part of her songs imo