ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

The ode to the imaginary bad lover is beyond tiresome at this point. Sorry Lana, hiring snoozfest Rick Novels to produce the entire album was a huge mistake. The sound is tired, HM and TLY are so similar that is kind of tacky. Humming half of the songs is just lazy. I don't give a fuck about the covers but with this one, where she is just a tiny head between the lines, it's kind of a suggestion for the inevitable fading into irrelevance of her career. After TLY I give up any hope for this album. UV next to HM is a masterpiece and I still don't understand the rush to come out with this subpar album after UV

I agree her sound needs to improve. But you cant change who Lana is. She sings about Bad Boys, she has love bad Lovers and that's life it's what most of us like. It's her. The cover cute tho.

Even though the cover is tragic, at least almost all songs are super long. So we are getting lots of material, yay  :D

I still believe there will be deluxe or exclusive tracks somewhere though 

There has to be

That tom part on Terrence is so cute. Love the melody. That should've been the whole song. Dont really like the rest.

What makes that part so great is the short length imo, and it's almost unexpected like a breath of fresh air

Can't wait for MTWBT. I wonder if the tracks following HBTB are in that same trap style... Just from the titles (Freak, Art Deco) I'm pretty sure they are

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I was wondering whether I wanted a physical version, but after seeing the boxset, I imagine the booklet will be very pretty, so I will

Terrence Loves You sounds so great btw. It's kinda slow, but it's very gorgeous

I love how Lana is relevant to the point where even if her music is trash people pretend to like it bc it's "cool"

The thing about music is that even if you find it is trash someone else may like it.

For example The Biebs or Skrillex or Miley Cyrus.

I love how Lana is relevant to the point where even if her music is trash people pretend to like it bc it's "cool"

Also who the fuck needs long ass tracks when everything repeats after the first minute

ljZXOe0.jpg

Surprised no one zoomed in these pictures to see the lyrics

"And I will never sing again
and you won't work another day
I will never sing again
With just one wave it goes away
It will be our swan song"

EDIT. I tried to decipher the lyrics on the other page but I couldn't

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I was wondering whether I wanted a physical version, but after seeing the boxset, I imagine the booklet will be very pretty, so I will

Terrence Loves You sounds so great btw. It's kinda slow, but it's very gorgeous

I was considering the box set too as I haven't purchased any of her previous ones yet...

But according to musictoday the box set won't include the vinyls. Kinda disappointed.

You can see partial lyrics of “Swan Song” in that booklet. She sing “and I will never sing again”.  :creep:  :creep:

Surprised no one zoomed in these pictures to see the Swan Song lyrics

"And I will never sing again

and you won't work another day

I will never sing again

With just one wave it goes away

It wll be our swan song"

You were faster. Damn  :toofunny:

Terrence Loves You is beautiful. Wasn't expecting to like it at the start, since it kind of felt like another Honeymoon (I like Honeymoon alright, but it's a bit tiresome)... but by the end I was blown away.