ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Universal Music Germany has posted this about Honeymoon. Someone who speaks German please translate it. http://www.universal-music.de/lanadelrey/diskografie/detail/product:317794/honeymoon  :excited: There’s something about Art Deco, Religion and Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood.

Just used google translate.  :toofunny:

Product information:
With the new disc "Honeymoon" is Lana Del Rey - true to its aura of steady creative worker - a good twelve months after "Ultraviolence". "The starting point of the album was the end of the last studio dates," Del Rey told in an interview with the BBC presenter and Zane Lowe -DJ. "Funnily enough, I was not tired or exhausted the contrary I was full of inspiration -.. And I wanted to go right."
The result of this power plays are the twelve songs on "honeymoon" which she wrote and produced with-on the side of the studio partner Rick Nowels. A musical continuation of their very special musical oeuvre, which can only be described inadequately with "melancholy", "music noir" or "Self Styled Gangsta Nancy Sinatra" (TIME Magazine). As meistgestreamte female musician on the music platform Spotify and YouTube retrieve the three-digit million range Lana Del Rey is already the most charismatic (and most successful) artist of the social media age.
Already the video for the current single "High By The Beach" is a powerful, multi-media statement. "The Andrews Sisters meet Ludacris" outlines BBC radio man Zane Lone music. In Clip Del Ray fires a monstrous machine gun on a helicopter circling in the azure sky over the ocean. What visually and musically spherically gently begins ends like in Action Comics: Lana defends itself against the proverbial paparazzi in helicopters who want to accept no privacy. A sequence that can be seen as an allegory for the dark side of international superstar Doms. In the texts of their third album this motif appears repeatedly. All of America is stunned, like a child of the East Coast (and the winter sports resort Lake Placid) defines the musical and atmospheric aura of Westcaost for the Present Time. From the Baroque Psychedelia- band Love on Fleetwood Mac until today - Lana worked with passion on the "Light" - and "Noir" motif from her adopted home.
Your penchant for cryptic title manifests itself on "Honeymoon" in the song "Music To Watch Boys" - an ethereal mood about the female voyeur. The air shimmers, look at the girls. In "Art Deco", where subdued flute sounds a downbeat scurry, she describes her opposite with "You're so Art Deco". One may assume that this statement will become a household word, not only in the pop scene soon. Starting with the singles "Honeymoon" and "High By The Beach" refined Lana Del Rey its draft of pop music, the linked filigree elements of jazz, hip-hop and Torch Songs.
Almost Hooters way she acts in "Religion". For "Soft Ice Cream" is taking a trip to the Del Rey Little Italy of the forties; a dahingetupfte appearance from the Mafia milieu. "Ciao, Amore" says quietly. Your even manages to breathe a contemplative-thoughtful touch the million times played Latin Party Classic by Santa Esmeralda "Do not Let Me Be Misunderstood" of 1977th The Queen of slowness has once again outdone themselves.
The production front founder Hits is not the cause of Lana Del Rey. It defines the feverish-whirring sound on "Honeymoon" continue new listening habits. "I have a sophisticated ear with regard to my own aesthetic - and what I even want to hear that," she describes in BBC radio interview their production and selection process. From this it draws not least their magic. A meticulously working artist with an impressive global resonance: "High By The Beach" rose immediately after publication to seventh place on the Billboard charts after the single already in 21 countries, including the USA, Sweden and Brazil, number one on the iTunes could conquer charts. The overture to "honeymoon" sounds ever promising. The main section will provide from 18 September 2015 for some shocks.

title251192345.png

Just used google translate.  :toofunny:

Product information:
With the new disc "Honeymoon" is Lana Del Rey - true to its aura of steady creative worker - a good twelve months after "Ultraviolence". "The starting point of the album was the end of the last studio dates," Del Rey told in an interview with the BBC presenter and Zane Lowe -DJ. "Funnily enough, I was not tired or exhausted the contrary I was full of inspiration -.. And I wanted to go right."
The result of this power plays are the twelve songs on "honeymoon" which she wrote and produced with-on the side of the studio partner Rick Nowels. A musical continuation of their very special musical oeuvre, which can only be described inadequately with "melancholy", "music noir" or "Self Styled Gangsta Nancy Sinatra" (TIME Magazine). As meistgestreamte female musician on the music platform Spotify and YouTube retrieve the three-digit million range Lana Del Rey is already the most charismatic (and most successful) artist of the social media age.
Already the video for the current single "High By The Beach" is a powerful, multi-media statement. "The Andrews Sisters meet Ludacris" outlines BBC radio man Zane Lone music. In Clip Del Ray fires a monstrous machine gun on a helicopter circling in the azure sky over the ocean. What visually and musically spherically gently begins ends like in Action Comics: Lana defends itself against the proverbial paparazzi in helicopters who want to accept no privacy. A sequence that can be seen as an allegory for the dark side of international superstar Doms. In the texts of their third album this motif appears repeatedly. All of America is stunned, like a child of the East Coast (and the winter sports resort Lake Placid) defines the musical and atmospheric aura of Westcaost for the Present Time. From the Baroque Psychedelia- band Love on Fleetwood Mac until today - Lana worked with passion on the "Light" - and "Noir" motif from her adopted home.
Your penchant for cryptic title manifests itself on "Honeymoon" in the song "Music To Watch Boys" - an ethereal mood about the female voyeur. The air shimmers, look at the girls. In "Art Deco", where subdued flute sounds a downbeat scurry, she describes her opposite with "You're so Art Deco". One may assume that this statement will become a household word, not only in the pop scene soon. Starting with the singles "Honeymoon" and "High By The Beach" refined Lana Del Rey its draft of pop music, the linked filigree elements of jazz, hip-hop and Torch Songs.
Almost Hooters way she acts in "Religion". For "Soft Ice Cream" is taking a trip to the Del Rey Little Italy of the forties; a dahingetupfte appearance from the Mafia milieu. "Ciao, Amore" says quietly. Your even manages to breathe a contemplative-thoughtful touch the million times played Latin Party Classic by Santa Esmeralda "Do not Let Me Be Misunderstood" of 1977th The Queen of slowness has once again outdone themselves.
The production front founder Hits is not the cause of Lana Del Rey. It defines the feverish-whirring sound on "Honeymoon" continue new listening habits. "I have a sophisticated ear with regard to my own aesthetic - and what I even want to hear that," she describes in BBC radio interview their production and selection process. From this it draws not least their magic. A meticulously working artist with an impressive global resonance: "High By The Beach" rose immediately after publication to seventh place on the Billboard charts after the single already in 21 countries, including the USA, Sweden and Brazil, number one on the iTunes could conquer charts. The overture to "honeymoon" sounds ever promising. The main section will provide from 18 September 2015 for some shocks.

Me too. But it's messy.

Music to Watch Boys to is one of my favourite songs from the record, I love the 30 second a cappella beginning.

Reminds me of what Les Baxter would've had as a bonus track on Jewels of the Sea.

Lana on twitter

"The air is glimmering, the girls are watching in 'Art Deco'. Muted flutes whiz over a downbeat and she describes her counterpart with 'You're so Art Deco'. You can assume this phrase is going to be a well-known saying not only in the pop scene.  Based on the singles 'Honeymoon' and 'High By The Beach', Lana refines her draft of pop music by connecting jazz elements with hip hop and Torch songs.

She almost seems siren-esque in 'Religion'. Del Rey goes on a trip to Littly Italy in the 40s with 'Soft Ice Cream', an impression of the mafia milieu. 'Ciao Amore', she whispers softly. She even manages to give a pensive touch to the Latin party anthem 'Don't let me be misunderstood' by Santa Esmeralda ( :toofunny: ). Once again the queen of lonliness outdid herself"

The text isn't clear abou wether Soft Ice Cream is part of the lyrics or Salvatore was actually called SIC when this review was written, could be both. Also the other parts are just from the BBC radio interview and at the end they talk about how HBTB charted at #7 on billboard charts  :flop:

my heart bleeds for anyone whos main cd store is sanity. lord be with you x

LITERALLY THOUGH!!!!! I THOUGHT IT WENT OUT OF BUSINESS AGES AGO

I'm expecting Religion to be all "But you're my religion" or something

National Anthem teas?

FzytWEW.png

i hope we get album snippets this weekend.

Me too, I thought they would have been put on iTunes today since there's only a week left :pft: