ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

I like it myself. I don't hate it by any means. I mean it was just released and left there. I think she could have built it up a bit more. I'm just hoping we get a MtWBT vid this week.

Oh I didn't know it was confirmed. When did she confirm it? That's good though.

it'd be so cool if we got another short film with 2 or 3 songs in one video like Tropico but for the Honeymoon era.. maybe even a 2 parter music video.

i kindof thought that where it was going at first because one of the same models underwater was also in the Freak snippet of the sampler, unless it's the same video (Music To Watch Boys To) but it'd be awesome if they were two seprate videos, and they continued as a type of story. idk am I making sense??? lol

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

it'd be so cool if we got another short film with 2 or 3 songs in one video like Tropico but for the Honeymoon era.. maybe even a 2 parter music video.

i kindof thought that where it was going at first because one of the same models underwater was also in the Freak snippet of the sampler, unless it's the same video (Music To Watch Boys To) but it'd be awesome if they were two seprate videos, and they continued as a type of story. idk am I making sense??? lol

tbh I want a Freak and Art Deco mv since they are gapless

also 24 and Swan Song

yyxy | youth youth by young | yyxy

On a different note... There was this theory going when HM, TLY and MTWBT were out that each song has something to do with "observing" or has some kind of Hollywood/Musical inspiration behind it, like TLY with Bowie etc. Now that we know the other songs and their lyrics, can this theory be continued? Any ideas or thoughts?

Can't wait to hear some things from this album in HQ ... the second chorus of Freak with the saxophone, the chorus of 24 with the castanets and her "mmmmh"s, the whole Salvatore instrumental, the Swan Song chorus with all backing vocals .... :flutter:

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

On a different note... There was this theory going when HM, TLY and MTWBT were out that each song has something to do with "observing" or has some kind of Hollywood/Musical inspiration behind it, like TLY with Bowie etc. Now that we know the other songs and their lyrics, can this theory be continued? Any ideas or thoughts?

Tbh most of her songs are about observing the traits of someone, eg a lover, and expressing her feelings about that

God Knows I Tried is definitly about fame aswell. Or "the dark side", most likely talking about paparazzis. She sings about not being able to do anything (because they will follow her), wearing sunglasses even if it rains and being happy when she's finally alone. The song also blends into High By The Beach, which is a double entendre between a failed relationship and her "relationship" with the press.

Honeymoon is about escaping everything together with your lover (including the negative media guys), Swan Song has a similar kind of topic and so does Freak.

Terrence Loves You refers to Hollywood legends and David Bowie and I STILL think she uses his fate of "losing" Terry as a metaphor for the loss she herself is experiencing during the song.

Art Deco is about someone who seems to be both "downtown famous" and unsure at the same time. Maybe she talks about herself. Another thing about this thing is that the lyrics seem like she's observing the person she sings about.

During Music To Watch Boys To she herself is the one who observes and puts on a show, even though it's all just a game to her.

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood's lyrics could be interpreted in a way similar to GKIT: the press sometimes takes things she says in a way they weren't intended or just misunderstand her. Also, it could mean that even though she sings about the dark side of fame on the album a lot, it doesn't mean she wants to come off as if she would hate everything about her career, she just wanted to express these feelings. I know it's just a cover, but I guess she chose it because of a certain reason. Like, The Other Woman's lyrics were clearly out of the view of the "Sad Girl" and not from the view of the cheated spouse.

The only songs not really spotting something like this are the Blackest Day (apart from the Billie Holliday reference) and Salvatore (even this could represent the "Honeymoon" she sings about)

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Can't wait to hear some things from this album in HQ ... the second chorus of Freak with the saxophone, the chorus of 24 with the castanets and her "mmmmh"s, the whole Salvatore instrumental, the Swan Song chorus with all backing vocals .... :flutter:

24 has castanets?! My throat dried up instantly  :hdu: I restrained myself from listening to the UO recordings but shit's getting difficult now