Sign in to follow this  
PARADIXO

Azealia Banks Not Okay With Gay Men Using the Word 'Bitch'

You're talking to the same people who liked Halsey a week ago and then hated her because she "spit on her fans at the concert." 1 thing. She does 1 thing...

She said black people should hunt the people whose ancestors were slaveowners, is that what you're referencing...? She's fucking disgusting. :hdu:

The way that I see the whole "Oh, I'm bisexual and my brother is trans and my whole team is gay so I can say faggot" it's like the "I'm not racist, I have a black friend" cop out. It's like saying a white person she dates should be okay to call her a ni*ger. I'd love to see her reaction to that situation :lmao: :deadbanana:

Black people can use the n word.

Gay people use the f word.

T girls and T guys use the slurs against them.

Women use the b word.

It's called reclaiming the slurs used against you.

You're talking to the same people who liked Halsey a week ago and then hated her because she "spit on her fans at the concert." 1 thing. She does 1 thing...

She said black people should hunt the people whose ancestors were slaveowners, is that what you're referencing...? She's fucking disgusting. :hdu:

The way that I see the whole "Oh, I'm bisexual and my brother is trans and my whole team is gay so I can say faggot" it's like the "I'm not racist, I have a black friend" cop out. It's like saying a white person she dates should be okay to call her a ni*ger. I'd love to see her reaction to that situation :lmao: :deadbanana:

So would that not make the people HYPOCRITES?

Ok so next time I hear someone talk shit abou black people, trans people, gays or womemn I will ask them if people that belong to one of the group have ever offended him. Because in this case, that's seemingly ok then

You clearly can't read. Bye.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

with her, it's always about victimising white gay males. every rant she has on her twitter involves her hatred for white gays and it's honestly just so tiring

Deserved, white gays are fucking annoying on social media. 

Women use the b word.

I think you did enough for him lmfao, you already explained youself but he doesnt want to get what you are saying. 

Women use the b word.

So you're saying that reclaiming slurs used against you is the same as using it in a derogatory way, even if you're saying it in a derogatory manner? What the actual fuck? You honestly... you've gotta be fucked up to honestly think that. Reclaiming slurs used against you is when you take those words and use them in a positive way or in a joking manner, not the way she screamed "Fucking faggot!" That's what's called "derogatory" and slurs are used like that by a ton of people everyday. Can you read?

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

So you're saying that reclaiming slurs used against you is the same as using it in a derogatory way, even if you're saying it in a derogatory manner? What the actual fuck? You honestly... you've gotta be fucked up to honestly think that. Reclaiming slurs used against you is when you take those words and use them in a positive way or in a joking manner, not the way she screamed "Fucking faggot!" That's what's called "derogatory" and slurs are used like that by a ton of people everyday. Can you read?

I'm not here to educate you. If you can't read my previous posts then you don't need to reply to me.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

You should go and keep stanning Iggy Mayonnaise 

I'm not here to educate you. If you can't read my previous posts then you don't need to reply to me.

Then you need to learn to read, yourself.

You should go and keep stanning Iggy Mayonnaise 

Who said I still stan her?????? lmfao hunty you're stanning a homophobic, racist, sexist pig who thinks the LGBTQQ+ community is comparable to the KKK so... don't know where you got much room to talk anyway lol girl bye

Then you need to learn to read, yourself.

Who said I still stan her?????? lmfao hunty you're stanning a homophobic, racist, sexist pig who thinks the LGBTQQ+ community is comparable to the KKK so... don't know where you got much room to talk anyway lol girl bye

In terms of trying to suppress her opinions and only liking her when she called herself a :)/dyke/cunt/bitch but when she called out a bunch y'all for death threats and shit? You're clearly two fucking years late with that argument. Girl bye.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

In terms of trying to suppress her opinions and only liking her when she called herself a :)/dyke/cunt/bitch but when she called out a bunch y'all for death threats and shit? You're clearly two fucking years late with that argument. Girl bye.

Two years late? Girl she said this like, last week!! You clearly can't tell time. And she doesn't expect to have death threats, the way she talks about how she wants to hunt and kill people whose ancestors were slave trade people or racist? You can't change your ancestry. Her, of all people, should know that. Who tried to suppress her (shitty) opinions? Her opinions are shit anyway. Out of everything she says, maybe 3 things are actually good and make sense???? The "bitch" statement is the only thing I can remember her saying that actually made her look like a good person. 

Oh, but let's just excuse her sexism, racism, ignoring homophobia... she's a fucking disgusting human being. Instead of her taking things the right way and saying "Look, this is how I feel about this" she decides to say "YOU'RE A FUCKING FAGGOT AND I FUCKING HATE ALL LGTB PPL BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL FUCKING FAGGOTS AND FUCKK ALL THEM AND THEY'RE ALL BITCHES AND RACIST" but yet, nobody's done anything to her. If I were doing the same thing, I'd expect people to be pissed the fuck off too and be tweeting me death threats and shit. She made her bed, now she needs to lay in it. Nail in the coffin, she's done.

Women use the b word.

really tho? like that helps anything?

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

Two years late? Girl she said this like, last week!! You clearly can't tell time. And she doesn't expect to have death threats, the way she talks about how she wants to hunt and kill people whose ancestors were slave trade people or racist? You can't change your ancestry. Her, of all people, should know that. Who tried to suppress her (shitty) opinions? Her opinions are shit anyway. Out of everything she says, maybe 3 things are actually good and make sense???? The "bitch" statement is the only thing I can remember her saying that actually made her look like a good person. 

Oh, but let's just excuse her sexism, racism, ignoring homophobia... she's a fucking disgusting human being. Instead of her taking things the right way and saying "Look, this is how I feel about this" she decides to say "YOU'RE A FUCKING FAGGOT AND I FUCKING HATE ALL LGTB PPL BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL FUCKING FAGGOTS AND FUCKK ALL THEM AND THEY'RE ALL BITCHES AND RACIST" but yet, nobody's done anything to her. If I were doing the same thing, I'd expect people to be pissed the fuck off too and be tweeting me death threats and shit. She made her bed, now she needs to lay in it. Nail in the coffin, she's done.

Perez vs Azealia, July 2013. Or do you not know what Google is?

Did I ever say I agreed with her statements or wording 100%? Nope.

Should racists be punished for their continued oppression of minorities? Yes.

I never said anyone suppressed her opinions? I said nobody gave a shit while she used those slurs towards herself but now they have some kind of stick up their ass when she calls someone a faggot. You're way too wrapped up in surface level arguments based on denotation vs connotation. Azealia has previously articulated that black women specifically are told to not speak up about inequality that they face from the media and the world in general. Gay men literally call each other faggots, or bitch, or literally anything else. Apparently because she's either bisexual or a woman she's not allowed to say it?

Calling out racists calling her "dirty :)" isn't fucking racist. Calling out gays calling her a "dyke bitch" isn't fucking homophobic. She literally said fuck judgemental white gay men who feel entitled to use terms and shit created by Latinx and Black LGBT people until it's run into the ground (like drag, slang, fashion, etc.) which is clearly a huge point in her music. If you and other gays were so damn offended by Azealia Amanda Banks you'd block her and stop talking shit because that would never happen to her (or anyone's face). They rode her wave until she said something they didn't like. They loved her until she said faggot (which they clearly got over in 2013) but y'all wanna act brand new when she retaliates against someone on Twitter. I expect them to be back within 3 months or whenever she starts promoting Fantasea II or Business and Pleasure.

People in those groups have reclaimed those slurs, so they are allowed to use them. That's what I mean.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

I never said anyone suppressed her opinions? I said nobody gave a shit while she used those slurs towards herself but now they have some kind of stick up their ass when she calls someone a faggot. You're way too wrapped up in surface level arguments based on denotation vs connotation. Azealia has previously articulated that black women specifically are told to not speak up about inequality that they face from the media and the world in general. Gay men literally call each other faggots, or bitch, or literally anything else. Apparently because she's either bisexual or a woman she's not allowed to say it?

Calling out racists calling her "dirty :)" isn't fucking racist. Calling out gays calling her a "dyke bitch" isn't fucking homophobic. She literally said fuck judgemental white gay men who feel entitled to use terms and shit created by Latinx and Black LGBT people until it's run into the ground (like drag, slang, fashion, etc.) which is clearly a huge point in her music. If you and other gays were so damn offended by Azealia Amanda Banks you'd block her and stop talking shit because that would never happen to her (or anyone's face). They rode her wave until she said something they didn't like. They loved her until she said faggot (which they clearly got over in 2013) but y'all wanna act brand new when she retaliates against someone on Twitter. I expect them to be back within 3 months or whenever she starts promoting Fantasea II or Business and Pleasure.

People in those groups have reclaimed those slurs, so they are allowed to use them. That's what I mean.

thank you for having the energy and patience to explain this to the fucking toddler arguing with you.

Reclaiming slurs used against you is when you take those words and use them in a positive way or in a joking manner, not the way she screamed "Fucking faggot!" That's what's called "derogatory" and slurs are used like that by a ton of people everyday.

I generally disagree with anything @@CarcrashBandicoot has to say about anything having to do with race, and I'm not quite sure his point actually addresses the point @@Atom Heart was trying to make (because I'm not sure if @@Atom Heart's point was merely that Azealia Banks use of the n-word is a reclamation, or if he was also arguing that her use of the f-word should be considered a reclamation). At any rate, I do think he's raising an important issue here that I haven't seen a lot of her defenders grapple with: Are reclaimed slurs still OK when they're derogatory and intended as a slur? I think there is arguably some license for derogatory use of reclaimed slurs for in-group criticism (like perhaps Chris Rock's controversial "Niggas vs. Black People" routine), but I'm not sure this meets the standard of acceptability. I mean, imagine if the steward was black and she called him a "fucking :)" or a gay male celebrity had called the steward a "fucking faggot" in that tone of voice. Maybe it's not as bad as if it had come from someone else, but I still don't think it's OK.

But I also question whether Azealia should get the in-group pass here some defenders have been trying to give her. Sure, she's bisexual. So I'd concede that her membership in the broader LGBT community arguably gives her license to use the word in a positive manner. But should her being bisexual automatically be enough to excuse her derogatory use of a slur reserved for gay men when she is not a gay man and not part of the specific community it refers to? I'd argue not. (To me, that would be about as logical as saying non-black POC should have license to use the n-word derogatorily just because they're part of the broader minority community oppressed by white people.) Especially since her history of using the word "faggot", and other things she's said about gay men, seem to indicate she has a problem with gay men, and especially with anything "effeminate" about them.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I generally disagree with anything @@CarcrashBandicoot has to say about anything having to do with race, and I'm not quite sure his point actually addresses the point @@Atom Heart was trying to make (because I'm not sure if @@Atom Heart's point was merely that Azealia Banks use of the n-word is a reclamation, or if he was also arguing that her use of the f-word should be considered a reclamation). At any rate, I do think he's raising an important issue here that I haven't seen a lot of her defenders grapple with. Are reclaimed slurs still OK when they're derogatory and intended as a slur? I think there is arguably some license for derogatory use of reclaimed slurs for in-group criticism (like perhaps Chris Rock's controversial "Niggas vs. Black People" routine), but I'm not sure this meets the standard of acceptability. I mean, imagine if the steward was black and she called him a "fucking :)" or a gay male celebrity had called the steward a "fucking faggot" in that tone of voice. Maybe it's not as bad as if it had come from someone else, but I still don't think it's OK.

But I also question whether Azealia should get the in-group pass here some defenders have been trying to give her. Sure, she's bisexual. So I'd concede that her membership in the broader LGBT community arguably gives her license to use the word in a positive manner. But should her being bisexual automatically be enough to excuse her derogatory use of a slur reserved for gay men when she is not a gay man and not part of the specific community it refers to? I'd argue not. Especially since her history of using that word, and other things she's said about gay men, seem to indicate she has a problem with gay men, and especially with anything "effeminate" about them.

It'd be different if she said it in a positive way or she's chilling with some friends and calls a friend a faggot as a joke... but calling someone a "fucking faggot" while being pissed off and yelling, that proves her ignorance to the word and it's history. But she obviously knows it's derogatory and she knows it's offensive... so why should it be okay for her to say it that way, but not for anyone else? Let alone, racial slurs, sexist slurs, etc... In my opinion, no, I don't think anyone should be able to use a slur in a negative, derogatory way. You might be part of the group but it's not helping anything. It just makes it look okay to anyone else.

My point is, and this is why I haven't liked her personality since 2013 and won't buy her music, is because of the fact that she thinks this is okay. She feels as though she can make an excuse to her use of a gay slur and there's no excuse for it. Not in 2013, not in 2015. Never. That's my point. It's not that hard to wrap your head around. She's not allowed to say it, not because she's a bi woman, but because she was using "faggot" as a way to bring another person down. A lot of times, when gay men say it, they're joking or just playing around and both people know this. Yes, some gay men do say it in a derogatory way, but that doesn't make it right, just like it doesn't make it right for her to say it either.

I generally disagree with anything @@CarcrashBandicoot has to say about anything having to do with race, and I'm not quite sure his point actually addresses the point @@Atom Heart was trying to make (because I'm not sure if @@Atom Heart's point was merely that Azealia Banks use of the n-word is a reclamation, or if he was also arguing that her use of the f-word should be considered a reclamation). At any rate, I do think he's raising an important issue here that I haven't seen a lot of her defenders grapple with: Are reclaimed slurs still OK when they're derogatory and intended as a slur? I think there is arguably some license for derogatory use of reclaimed slurs for in-group criticism (like perhaps Chris Rock's controversial "Niggas vs. Black People" routine), but I'm not sure this meets the standard of acceptability. I mean, imagine if the steward was black and she called him a "fucking :)" or a gay male celebrity had called the steward a "fucking faggot" in that tone of voice. Maybe it's not as bad as if it had come from someone else, but I still don't think it's OK.

But I also question whether Azealia should get the in-group pass here some defenders have been trying to give her. Sure, she's bisexual. So I'd concede that her membership in the broader LGBT community arguably gives her license to use the word in a positive manner. But should her being bisexual automatically be enough to excuse her derogatory use of a slur reserved for gay men when she is not a gay man and not part of the specific community it refers to? I'd argue not. (To me, that would be about as logical as saying non-black POC should have license to use the n-word derogatorily just because they're part of the broader minority community oppressed by white people.) Especially since her history of using the word "faggot", and other things she's said about gay men, seem to indicate she has a problem with gay men, and especially with anything "effeminate" about them.

My point in even arguing this is based on the fact that AB has been using these terms for a long time to refer to herself with absolutely no backlash from her white gay fanbase UNTIL she uses it towards them.

It'd be different if she said it in a positive way or she's chilling with some friends and calls a friend a faggot as a joke... but calling someone a "fucking faggot" while being pissed off and yelling, that proves her ignorance to the word and it's history. But she obviously knows it's derogatory and she knows it's offensive... so why should it be okay for her to say it that way, but not for anyone else? Let alone, racial slurs, sexist slurs, etc... In my opinion, no, I don't think anyone should be able to use a slur in a negative, derogatory way. You might be part of the group but it's not helping anything. It just makes it look okay to anyone else.

So now are you saying it's okay to use a slur as long as it's not recorded on social media and stays in your friend circle or...? Would you justify that for using any other slur?

My point is, and this is why I haven't liked her personality since 2013 and won't buy her music, is because of the fact that she thinks this is okay. She feels as though she can make an excuse to her use of a gay slur and there's no excuse for it. Not in 2013, not in 2015. Never. That's my point. It's not that hard to wrap your head around. She's not allowed to say it, not because she's a bi woman, but because she was using "faggot" as a way to bring another person down. A lot of times, when gay men say it, they're joking or just playing around and both people know this. Yes, some gay men do say it in a derogatory way, but that doesn't make it right, just like it doesn't make it right for her to say it either.

So many gay people call each other "bitch" or "faggot" regularly, I'm not saying they're right but Azealia has been immersed in gay culture for years (as well as being a queer woman herself). I am not defending her whatsoever but to say that her haters are innocent and she's just randomly attacking is a complete lie. I've seen it with my own eyes. They tweet her 50 times, wait for her to respond, delete their original tweets and finally post screen shots on every form of social media they have to say, "Omg you see this monster, I'm just innocent and she just attacked like some kind of animal #lovewins #killazealia #HerAlbumFloppedLOL".

It's just downright disgusting what these kids are doing for attention and likes, they were the same ones bumping to her album and calling her the queen of rap music and were shitting their pants when Gaga wanted to collaborate. They are turning on her because she didn't blow up and they want to find a reason to make her look problematic lol. Whatever it takes to grab a headline will be the thing we hate for a day -

Ex- Lana glamorizes prostitution and drug use vs Lana tells the story of a troubled girl.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

for real tho, isn't it all circumstantial? like, who you say it to and how close you are to them, the way you say, the words before/after saying it. surely there can't be a universal yes or no for saying bitch/fag

this is me. i am a bitchfag. 

Are reclaimed slurs still OK when they're derogatory and intended as a slur? Maybe it's not as bad as if it had come from someone else, but I still don't think it's OK.

Ah the only people that argue this are the people that feel left out because they don't have an offensive word to reclaim. 

i feel as though it's really up to the demographic to decide if they get offended by reclaimed slurs being used in a derogatory way. like if you're white you can't tell black people what to and not be offended about just the same way as i wouldn't let a straight person tell me what i as a gay person should and shouldn't be offended about. it's up to them.

if the girl azealia directed those comments at is black and she sees it as internalized racism then she has every right to see it that way, if she doesn't see it that way and instead just sees it as azealia being rude as fuck then that's also her right.

RVhKIwP.gif

Ah the only people that argue this are the people that feel left out because they don't have an offensive word to reclaim.

That's what it eventually boils down to. People who feel offended because they can't use the word. :tea:

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

Are reclaimed slurs still OK when they're derogatory and intended as a slur? Maybe it's not as bad as if it had come from someone else, but I still don't think it's OK.

Sigh. Seriously? You really want to go another round? :eyeroll: Fine.

What are you talking about? I don't feel "left out". (But if I did, there's plenty of offensive words for white people out there like "cracker" or "honky" or "whitey".) Also, if you're going to rely solely on identity-based arguments, you might want to note that @@VegasBaby is a woman for keeping score at home, and as such, could lay claim to a whole host of slurs. Besides, the whole reason this controversy exists is because a lot of gay people in the media and on social media are also essentially making some version of this argument.

LOL. You're beyond self-parody. Are you even capable of making an actual argument against an idea? Y'know, one that isn't essentially, "Oh yeah? Well... you're WHITE!"

That's what it eventually boils down to. People who feel offended because they can't use the word. :tea:

This is absurd. I've never called anyone either of the words we've been discussing nor wanted to. If there is anything here I'm offended by, it's the attempt by her defenders to apply a double standard, her inability to admit she was in the wrong here, and perhaps worse, trying to defend her slurs with the language of social justice.

What it eventually boils down to is some of her fans are butt hurt that she is problematic and that people are realizing it and they don't want to admit it.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.