Fluorine

Charli XCX

The guess remix is so good, I haven’t been obsessed with a song for so long. It’s really addicting.

brat as an album already goes hard, but all those remixes really add so much more power to it. 
i love it. 

4 minutes ago, Vulnicura said:

ohh what interview this is news to me :popcorn:

I can't find it but it was mentioned here before. Basically Dua saying she has no real industry/LA/whatever friends when before she said her, Charli and Tove Lo were really close/friends.

Charli never commented on it publicly, but her friendship with Kim Petras also seemingly evaporated behind closed doors, so who knows? (not saying she didn't have good reasons to distance herself considering her working with and defending Dr. Luke)

Popping in to say, proud of Charli with what she’s done on BRAT. An AOTY contender for me. I’m glad she’s finally getting the praise she’s deserved for so long.

The Billie collab on Guess wasn’t something I expected, but I should have and I appreciate how perfect it is. My faves just keep winning this year. :ajay:

On 8/4/2024 at 9:19 AM, AllForYou said:

the music video is at 5.6m views!! von Dutch has 6.8m in 5 months, so I wonder how high this one will get

I think brat will get a bump in streaming if some of billie’s 98.4 million monthly listeners stream brat out of curiosity 

guess 7.1m, von dutch 6.9m!

360 is 9.7m

Listened to BRAT for the first time last night (another album I’m very late to). I’m really trying to expand my music taste because I almost exclusively listen to Lana with a few exceptions.

Most of it didn’t click with me at ALL first listen, with the exception of a few songs (360, Von Dutch, Apple, 365). I don’t usually listen to super poppy club beats, so this sound is very unfamiliar to my ears. I really wanted to understand the hype, so I watched Fantano’s review (I usually can’t stand him, but I was curious about his thoughts), and one of my favorite reaction channels, turning the tables’, reaction to the album. Both videos gave me a little more insight into Charli and the meanings of some of the songs, which helped me connect more to the album. I listened to the record again today and I have to say, it’s really growing on me. Some songs I still can’t really catch a vibe to, but that’s okay. I’m really excited to dive more into Charli’s discography. I think I’m going to listen to her self-titled album next because someone told me the second half of L’AMOUR DE MA VIE by Billie is similar to it and I loveee that song.

My ranking after 2 listens:

Spoiler

OBSESSED (literally already on repeat)

1. Apple

2. B2b

3. Sympathy is a knife

Good, but not my favorite

4. Girl, so confusing

5. Mean girls

6. 360

7. 365

8. Von Dutch

9. Club classics

It’s growing on me

10. I might say something stupid

11. So I

12. I think about it all the time

Eh

13. Rewind

14. Everything is romantic

15. Talk talk

Chemtrails Over The Country Club GIF by Lana Del Rey

3 hours ago, Lipgloss Twink said:

I can't find it but it was mentioned here before. Basically Dua saying she has no real industry/LA/whatever friends when before she said her, Charli and Tove Lo were really close/friends.

Charli never commented on it publicly, but her friendship with Kim Petras also seemingly evaporated behind closed doors, so who knows? (not saying she didn't have good reasons to distance herself considering her working with and defending Dr. Luke)

oh thanks! yeah i saw them a lot together

1 hour ago, Veinsineon said:

Sabrina Brier Sabrina Brier Tiktok GIF - Sabrina brier Sabrina brier tiktok  Tiktok comedian - Discover & Share GIFs

LOL sorry if these are some of ur favs. Maybe they’ll grow on me :true: I like parts of them, but not the songs as a whole. I like the intro music in Everything is romantic and the entire backend of the song (her “ohs” especially). Also the “Talk to me in French, talk to me in Spanish, talk to me in your own made up language” line in Talk talk is cute.

Chemtrails Over The Country Club GIF by Lana Del Rey

At this point Marina is so uneventful that if anything she would have to beg Charli for a collab and that's the last thing her selfish she knows it's true give her love give her dreams stream blue xoxo ass is gonna do. :toofunny:

:tiffany3: