Fluorine

Charli XCX

yup, charli is singing about how much she wants to be 7 again and troye is singing about how much he wants to be 4 again

Urgh that's so awkward, why didn't she sing about being a teenager and do a song called 2005? Y'know she could reminisce about being young and name drop musicians and include throwback hits into the lyrics... A song like that could've been a hit in 2018.

Urgh that's so awkward, why didn't she sing about being a teenager and do a song called 2005? Y'know she could reminisce about being young and name drop musicians and include throwback hits into the lyrics... A song like that could've been a hit in 2018.

yeah i mean, the target audience for pop music literally wasn't alive in 1999 so it's weird to have a song with 2 people who were toddlers in 1999 singing about how much they want to go back to 1999. if it was framed like "i wish i was in my prime in 1999" yeah that'd make sense, that's nostalgia and feeling like you missed out on all that fun shit from the 90s, but the fact that the chorus is "i just wanna go back to 1999, back to when i was alive" is so weird 

X----into me, into you----X

Because theres a whole 90s nostalgia coming up mostly enjoyed by people who were born in the 90s but dont remember most of it. Its a pop song its really not that deep.

yeah i mean, the target audience for pop music literally wasn't alive in 1999 so it's weird to have a song with 2 people who were toddlers in 1999 singing about how much they want to go back to 1999. if it was framed like "i wish i was in my prime in 1999" yeah that'd make sense, that's nostalgia and feeling like you missed out on all that fun shit from the 90s, but the fact that the chorus is "i just wanna go back to 1999, back to when i was alive" is so weird 

I completely agree, but I think you might've missed my point in the sense Anne Marie released 2002 this year and therefore 1999 might feel like a less relatable imitation of it...

Because theres a whole 90s nostalgia coming up mostly enjoyed by people who were born in the 90s but dont remember most of it. Its a pop song its really not that deep.

Again, I was only joking ahaha,

omg she could make a video like alphabet boy by melanie martinez, them dressed as toddlers crawling around. iconic.

omg she could make a video like alphabet boy by melanie martinez, them dressed as toddlers crawling around. iconic.

She might as well throw her on the track... "it's cry baby and eh-x-c-x charli"