Fluorine

Charli XCX

PC Music is nothing like the TR era music though. Like they literally don't sound alike at all. What would your definition of further be? As much as people would like to think, top 40 pop isn't Charli's strong suit, she can write a nice hook, but as evidenced by the Sucker era it doesn't seem to work out for her. I'd rather her continue to make the music she actually enjoys making rather than whatever Sucker was. Also it's not that Sucker wasn't cool enough, its that it was a messy, rushed, half-assed effort brought on by her label.

I know it isn't (bc TR sounds good in the first place), but it seems to appeal to a audience she had on that period. my definition of futher would be improve her lyrics with the same sharpness and aproach she had on Sucker, Charli got rid of all things that holded her back and went straight on what she had to say and what she wanted to do, her message was clear as water and as efective as a knife. as for the production I think work with legends as Nille Rodgers and Giorgio Moroder would give her a eletronic sound that doesn't is generic, bc she seems to letting go instruments like guittar, bass, drum on the songs, so I think they would be perfect for that (and Giorgio has proved be very found os hers). also previous collabs as Ariel and Patrick Berger are also great. that record representes power and growing up as a artist, and that's my definition of going futher. 

I don't agree with you at all on Sucker being brought by her label, Charli awayls made clear that she manages her own stuff, that she have the decisions and her label only must have brought the promotion for the album (wich I see being messed up in the BTR era). she made a record she was cool with and was willing to make big, it didn't work out on the mainstream but still one of the best pop albuns of last year and she should be proud of what she has done. we're talking about a artists who made things like I Love It and Superlove way before she made that album, so I bealive it's her piece of work only not some shit she had to do bc Fancy was big and she had to take advantage of that succecs. the tittle track of the album is about that.

what I see is a artist who likes to create and try new things, a artists that gets bored of doing the same shit over and over, and it's cool that shes going on the PC Music thing, experimenting with sidekick projects, but that won't make her grow as a solo artists, will only make her comeback to the where she started. this is the point when she could get ready to be as big as PJ Harvey, Fiona Apple, etc or comeback to make shit for soundcloud wheres the "cool kids" would love her again. her decision anyway, and indeed she has to be happy with her work.  :bop:

ps: sorry for the typos, english is not my first language.

No matter what anyone says. I'll always love sucker as much as true romance. Both albums take me into different time periods in history of creative revolutionary movements. Sucker is amazing and I cherish all of it. I feel that Charli doesn't like Sucker due to fans hating on it. I think that the album has amazing songs. Like Gold Coins, Caught in the Middle, Need Ur Luv, Breaking Up, etc. Fans should just appreciate her music and material either way. It's her art and she controls what she does. Her label doesn't. Her label does promotion, but Charli chooses the music.

I don't agree with you at all on Sucker being brought by her label, Charli awayls made clear that she manages her own stuff, that she have the decisions and her label only must have brought the promotion for the album.

Wait.......................do you people actually believe that Sucker was an organic process brought on and controlled entirely by Charli herself? Thats like................................just obviously not true lmao

It's her art and she controls what she does. Her label doesn't. Her label does promotion, but Charli chooses the music.

You're very wrong on that one. Charli chooses the music she makes, but her label chooses the music we get to hear, especially now more than ever being that she actually has somewhat of a "brand" that her label has built and needs to maintain.

oh guys about the SOPHIE tracks. "Lets Ride" is "Vroom Vroom"

if ya listen closely the lyrics are

Vroom Vroom

Bitches know they can't catch me

Vroom Vroom

Keep sexy in my.... (idk what she says here lol)

its makes total sense that its "Vroom Vroom"

had the same realization a few hours ago when i was running to it. i don't like across-the-board statements, so i think it might be "vroom vroom", but maybe that explains why that sounds like the best of the three we have. it reminds me of "woo hoo" by ke$ha because it sounds like at least three different songs spliced, but i really do enjoy it. 

Wait.......................do you people actually believe that Sucker was an organic process brought on and controlled entirely by Charli herself? Thats like................................just obviously not true lmao

You're very wrong on that one. Charli chooses the music she makes, but her label chooses the music we get to hear, especially now more than ever being that she actually has somewhat of a "brand" that her label has built and needs to maintain.

and that's why Marina released a Froot right before EH? I mean, if they controll her work and has her doing what they want her to do, why is Marina doing the exact opposite of what she had done before? and have made clear that she wanted to do EH at the time, but now she dosen't feel satisfied with it looking back. I honestly would believe what you saying if she was on a label like interscope or capitol, but she isn't. they can give them a direction, but it's her decision to follow or stick with what she wants. they can say what would be a good tracklist and singles in their vision, but she has the right to fight for that.

lets quote her:

"For this record, even though I did work with Stargate and I did work with Benny [blanco] and I worked with Greg Kurstin, it was about balancing that with people like Rostam [batmanglij of Vampire Weekend], Rivers Cuomo, and people like Cashmere Cat. That’s really important to me. That’s not something that my record label is doing. That’s me. I executive produced this record, I put people in a room together. I took 10 people to Sweden and stayed there and wrote songs. "

she wants to work with people and try on, and that what she has done with Sucker, even though is hard to believe the same person who had done a album like TR and made a Sucker right after, is part of her nature to change and create. she doesn't restrain herself on one sound, one style, one producer, one aesthetic.

another quote:

"I think I always knew with this record that some people were going to like it and some people weren’t. I don’t think that was so much something that I was worried about as something I knew I would have to deal with, because I knew it was going to be the case. After all I think it’s actually been all right. Fans change with the artist. I think people have always known I wanted to make pop music. With my first record, even though it wasn’t a commercial success, I was trying to make pop music. I loved that album. It didn’t sell, but it’s a great record. It was my take on pop at the time."

I think it's pretty clear she wanted to do Sucker by now, of course she has some regreats *cof cof Die Tonight cof cof*, but that don't change the fact that she wanted to do a massive pop record and she did it her way and with her decisions. is just such a good album and I really don't know why is underappreciated on the fanbase, that we get to a point where people say that everything was just the label and Charli accepted down her throat doing they whishes and singing songs they liked. 

people can try to hang shit on her, but I trully believe she don't let that happen and if it makes me a innocent, so be it. 

and that's why Marina released a Froot right before EH? I mean, if they controll her work and has her doing what they want her to do, why is Marina doing the exact opposite of what she had done before? and have made clear that she wanted to do EH at the time, but now she dosen't feel satisfied with it looking back. I honestly would believe what you saying if she was on a label like interscope or capitol, but she isn't. they can give them a direction, but it's her decision to follow or stick with what she wants. they can say what would be a good tracklist and singles in their vision, but she has the right to fight for that.

lets quote her:

"For this record, even though I did work with Stargate and I did work with Benny [blanco] and I worked with Greg Kurstin, it was about balancing that with people like Rostam [batmanglij of Vampire Weekend], Rivers Cuomo, and people like Cashmere Cat. That’s really important to me. That’s not something that my record label is doing. That’s me. I executive produced this record, I put people in a room together. I took 10 people to Sweden and stayed there and wrote songs. "

she wants to work with people and try on, and that what she has done with Sucker, even though is hard to believe the same person who had done a album like TR and made a Sucker right after, is part of her nature to change and create. she doesn't restrain herself on one sound, one style, one producer, one aesthetic.

another quote:

"I think I always knew with this record that some people were going to like it and some people weren’t. I don’t think that was so much something that I was worried about as something I knew I would have to deal with, because I knew it was going to be the case. After all I think it’s actually been all right. Fans change with the artist. I think people have always known I wanted to make pop music. With my first record, even though it wasn’t a commercial success, I was trying to make pop music. I loved that album. It didn’t sell, but it’s a great record. It was my take on pop at the time."

I think it's pretty clear she wanted to do Sucker by now, of course she has some regreats *cof cof Die Tonight cof cof*, but that don't change the fact that she wanted to do a massive pop record and she did it her way and with her decisions. is just such a good album and I really don't know why is underappreciated on the fanbase, that we get to a point where people say that everything was just the label and Charli accepted down her throat doing they whishes and singing songs they liked. 

people can try to hang shit on her, but I trully believe she don't let that happen and if it makes me a innocent, so be it. 

You do realize what she says in press interviews isn't always the truth? Like it would be bad press (much like Marina got if you want to bring up EH) if she would've said "oh my label forced me" plus it would strain the relationship between her and the label, possibly halting the progress of new music. You're also ignoring the tone and body language of every interview she's mentioned how Sucker is the album she's always wanted to make (you can literally see her rolling her eyes). Granted some of the tracks like Hanging Around, Gold Coins, Breaking Up, and London Queen were from the punk album so she probably doesn't regret every track on the album, but I very sure she regrets the album as a whole or is at least annoyed with how little creative control she ended up having. Hell she might like every track on the album, but I don't think she liked the way the album and era were turned into a commercial pop album (exactly what the song Sucker was criticizing). Also she moved on from the album almost immediately following the release. Sure she did that with TR, but most of those songs we're 2 years old by the time that album came out, the tracks from Sucker we're a year old at most (and those are only the punk album songs).

^ this.

did you guys just not read the article where she says she was DEPRESSED and singing songs from sucker FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR ? lmao. maybe she was into it for a month or so before it was released... or something.... but she's openly said that she thinks break the rules is a stupid song, referred to boom clap as boom crap, and said she hated die tonight. sucker was not charli and thats obvious. (that doesnt change how i still love the album) 

vroom vroom

bitches know they cant catch me

vroom vroom

cute sexy and my rides sporty*

vroom vroom

those slugs* know they cant catch me

vroom vroom

beep beep

so lets ride

oh and sadly, i dont think she will put out any new music this year, but who knows 

CF39weAWYAEwiEA.jpg

CRYu-l5UcAEhjM4.jpg

You do realize what she says in press interviews isn't always the truth? Like it would be bad press (much like Marina got if you want to bring up EH) if she would've said "oh my label forced me" plus it would strain the relationship between her and the label, possibly halting the progress of new music. You're also ignoring the tone and body language of every interview she's mentioned how Sucker is the album she's always wanted to make (you can literally see her rolling her eyes). Granted some of the tracks like Hanging Around, Gold Coins, Breaking Up, and London Queen were from the punk album so she probably doesn't regret every track on the album, but I very sure she regrets the album as a whole or is at least annoyed with how little creative control she ended up having. Hell she might like every track on the album, but I don't think she liked the way the album and era were turned into a commercial pop album (exactly what the song Sucker was criticizing). Also she moved on from the album almost immediately following the release. Sure she did that with TR, but most of those songs we're 2 years old by the time that album came out, the tracks from Sucker we're a year old at most (and those are only the punk album songs).

I get your point, and I know it's not always the truth but Charli has showed to be a very honest person when giving her opinions and talking about her work and her life, you don't see her holding back words when she wants to say something. with Sucker she saw her moment to shine and be more known (wich she is now lol), she made a record that can be releatable by a wilder audicence and she went more objetive on her songs, talked about themes she haven't talked in the past and made clear that she wasn't satisfied with TR as a whole, I only saw her being the way she always was (a blase face with a introspective persona), but I guess she is starting to deal with growing famous and all of that. I just can't see why she would hate Sucker and why she is not satisfied with it when she don't show any signs that this was not controlled by her and she is only promoting bc of a contract with her label. it must sucks to be doing the same thing over and over, and doing gigs, promos, interviews since Boom Clap come out and she has talked about being tired of this specific things, but not tired of what she had done with her music.

sorry but I think you missed the point of Sucker, the song is about anyone who puts her in a position when she's only good when she have a hit and are cool to people bc of that, they only pay attention on what she's doing when she become profitable, its a middle finger to those who says she is sold out and thinks that her can't controll her work, it's the point where she is saying that only her responds to herself and no one else. she's breaking the rules and going in the way she wants to go, not the way people tell her to go (otherwise we would have Dr. Luke or Max Martin on sucker bc they could have done a top10 song, easily). Charli was indeed right when she said some fans wouldn't get it and feel the same way you're rn.

sure she can have problems with the label, and they want to say what's best for her, but I don't see Sucker being something they brought on and made she do. we can see that Charli eagers to make whatever she wants to, and collab with anyone that brings her attention. the proof of that is her doing PC Music now wich is not a popular genre but she does for the sake of music, of discovering and trying up- and that's what makes her so interesting to watch. you think she would be doing something that's not profitable for the label and going in that direction for the next album if they controll her? I don't think so.

yooo, does anyone have like.. an extra copy of the Franchesckaar CD that they wanna sell? :defeated: I lost an aution on eBay again, and I'm getting sick of trying to get one. i want one so fucking bad.

lABVyGE.png

^ this.

did you guys just not read the article where she says she was DEPRESSED and singing songs from sucker FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR ? lmao. maybe she was into it for a month or so before it was released... or something.... but she's openly said that she thinks break the rules is a stupid song, referred to boom clap as boom crap, and said she hated die tonight. sucker was not charli and thats obvious. (that doesnt change how i still love the album) 

Right?!?!?! Like she literally had psychotic breakdowns in studios working on this album............Like I'm so tired of reading this person write paragraphs about how I'm missing the point because I'm not deluded enough to take everything she and her label says at face value. Fans are entitled to like Sucker, but you have to take into account what her label did and at least admit that the era was not the authentic process it was made out to be. I like Charli a lot and I supported her by buying Sucker but as a fan I can't in good conscious act like this album is something that she wanted or was good for her. I'm excited to see her work with PC Music because I think its another step in the right direction of Charli regaining control over her music, rather than staying stagnant in the world of top 40 pop cranking out album after album, song after song trying to get a hit for her label. I know thats not what Charli wants and dwelling on that is just hurting her in the long run, which is why I'm excited to see the Sucker era on its way out.

anyone who believes that any artist signed to a major label right now has most control over their work is just delusional. the sad truth of the matter is that record labels only care about one thing, and that's our money. if they don't think an album will sell well, they will either reconstruct it with a bunch of generic pop songs or just shelve the album entirely. hence the reason Charli's "punk album" will never see the light of day. after the label saw the success of Boom Clap, they replaced probably half the songs with more radio friendly pop songs, and had the rest revamped to be less punk, more pop. Breaking Up is one of the more punk-sounding songs on the record and I bet you anything that would have been one of the more pop-sounding songs on the punk album. I don't think Charli hates Sucker but I don't think she necessarily likes it either...not most of the album, that is.

I think if we lived in a world where pop stars had full control over their music, image, creativity, etc. then pop music would be very different today. 

anywaysssss i'm not gonna pretend PC music isn't the most annoying thing I've ever heard in my life but as long as charli's happy then i'm happy  :flutter:

TjmiIK4.png