Fluorine

Charli XCX

Mess at the definitive statements. She was also writing stuff like Doing It at the same time as the punk album and SuperLove was her first step in the guitar-oriented French pop direction--which did transform into punk, then Sucker. She even filmed the Breaking Up video shortly after SuperLove, so SL really woulda been the big pop single of the punk album before Boom Clap was ever considered

This isn't that different from what I said. Superlove + Punk = Sucker. I wasn't aware of the overlap though (Breaking Up being filmed shortly after Superlove and Doing It being written at the same time as the punk album), but what difference does the overlap make to you? Is your theory that Sucker was reworked because of the change from Superlove to Boom Clap as the lead single? If Breaking Up was filmed shortly after Superlove... Breaking Up is pretty punk/rock and that means that we never would've had a Superlove sounding album anyways. My whole argument is that Sucker wasn't a different album before the delay.

Billboard released their list of the 40 most anticipated albums of 2018

https://www.billboard.com/photos/8086023/billboard-most-anticipated-albums-2018

14. CHARLI XCX (TBD)

Underground pop icon Charli XCX spent 2017 gifting fans with two new mixtapes, the glorious Number 1 Angel and Pop 2 sets, which re-established her (after a couple of years of arguable false starts) as one of the genre's most reliable artists. So is that third LP finally coming in 2018? Hopefully, if she decides that releasing an album is even still a thing: "It still definitely works for some artists, but I don’t know if it works for me anymore," she told EW in December. "So who knows what'll happen." 

16. SOPHIE - WHOLE NEW WORLD (TBD)

Future-pop purveyor SOPHIE captured headlines in 2017 by coming out as trans in the video for "It's Okay to Cry," but she should've captured just as much attention for the song itself, a minimal (until maximal) pop ballad with a chorus towering enough to be Celine Dion-worthy. Fans can look forward to more of the same -- or, perhaps more realistically, more of the completely different -- with the genius producer's upcoming Whole New World LP, her first since 2013's underappreciated PRODUCT

Charli and SOPHIE better get that praise

jDSaotp.gif

Do you think Charli is actually okay with the label now? I think she's just content with at least being able to release music through Mixtapes but low-key does want a full PC Music album and it sucks Atlantic just clearly don't support her

Do you think Charli is actually okay with the label now? I think she's just content with at least being able to release music through Mixtapes but low-key does want a full PC Music album and it sucks Atlantic just clearly don't support her

obviously, if she never releases an album or goes on tour again she'll foreclose on her mortgage 

Mess at the definitive statements. She was also writing stuff like Doing It at the same time as the punk album and SuperLove was her first step in the guitar-oriented French pop direction--which did transform into punk, then Sucker. She even filmed the Breaking Up video shortly after SuperLove, so SL really woulda been the big pop single of the punk album before Boom Clap was ever considered

THANK YOU, OMG

This isn't that different from what I said. Superlove + Punk = Sucker. I wasn't aware of the overlap though (Breaking Up being filmed shortly after Superlove and Doing It being written at the same time as the punk album), but what difference does the overlap make to you? Is your theory that Sucker was reworked because of the change from Superlove to Boom Clap as the lead single? If Breaking Up was filmed shortly after Superlove... Breaking Up is pretty punk/rock and that means that we never would've had a Superlove sounding album anyways. My whole argument is that Sucker wasn't a different album before the delay.

Sucker exists because of the delay, and Atlantic pushing Boom Clap. It has a few songs from the “punk album” she did with Patrik / maybe Tikovoi, but it is a diff album. That seemed pretty obvious for those following her at the time... it felt like a different bodybof work, and the production even on the “Punk-ier” songs is watered down from what they would have been like.

A fully "punk" Sucker would have flopped even harder than the version that was released idk why you're even talking about this 

tenor.gif?itemid=8224423

i for one am perfectly content never hearing the "punk" album if her allergic to love cover is any indication of what it could have been. but the fact that superlove never made it onto the album, and that sucker didn't end up going in that direction, still has me pressed to this day. imagine sucker but superlove-ified. i die

Are there more songs that leakers have that are from the same session as Save You? I thought I remember seeing that Save You was post-TR right?

Probably? The original file said Tikovoi (as in Feel My Pain / Machines V2 & came labelled 2013, iirc. Since it’s Charli & a return-collaborator I bet there’s probably more.

Still want to know who did Paris, Genius says MNEK but that seems like a stretch after Duke & Nothing Too Serious...