Fluorine

Charli XCX

As much as I like the new music plus everything post-Sucker, I am really surprised that she's stuck with PC influences for so long! I'm kinda wanting her to switch it up now... Like

to be honest, she has left her PC influences. 5itm/1999 etc aren’t. White Mercedes isn’t. Yeah focus was but I feel like that was her last. I can’t really see her releasing any more SOPHIE/AG in the future... it’ll just look messy swapping sounds (if she does actually release 1999 and songs like Shoes etc)

Fair, its cool that shes kinda found herself... but I'm just surprised that she's stuck with this vibe for so 4 projects.

Honestly I love it, consistency isn’t something Charli seems to vibe with so its cool that she’s finally comfortable in a sound that is clearly perfect for her. The bubble goth was cute, the sucker pop was not. I think the changing up of sounds was her not being sure what she wanted, the consistancy is reassuring that she’s happy with her sound. It’s good she’s here now.

giphy.gif

I just can't help but feel that if XCX World had've been released after ATAP, then she wouldn't have ventured into the mixtape/experimental stuff and we'd somewhere completely different now... sonically and visually.

I think the lack of an "album" since Sucker has made this feel like an entire era rather than 3 separate projects (VV, N1A, Pop2)  if that makes sense? But I'm here for as much new Charli music as possible  :P

I just can't help but feel that if XCX World had've been released after ATAP, then she wouldn't have ventured into the mixtape/experimental stuff and we'd somewhere completely different now... sonically and visually.

I think the lack of an "album" since Sucker has made this feel like an entire era rather than 3 separate projects (VV, N1A, Pop2)  if that makes sense? But I'm here for as much new Charli music as possible  :P

Honestly I think if she’s released an album after ATAP it wouldn’t have been that great. I know people love it but I’m honestly not here for ATAP and I think it sounds completely different from the stuff off N1A and Pop2.

Also, I don’t see them as 3 different projects. I think of N1A and Pop2 almost as one. Like Pop2 is the sequels to N1A. I think she should’ve released an album after the Vroom Vroom EP with that kinda sound, i.e. Round & Round, Taxi etc.

giphy.gif

Honestly I think if she’s released an album after ATAP it wouldn’t have been that great. I know people love it but I’m honestly not here for ATAP and I think it sounds completely different from the stuff off N1A and Pop2.

Also, I don’t see them as 3 different projects. I think of N1A and Pop2 almost as one. Like Pop2 is the sequels to N1A. I think she should’ve released an album after the Vroom Vroom EP with that kinda sound, i.e. Round & Round, Taxi etc.

Yeah, like obviously VV was her vision and then the label made her water it down (like the punk album and Sucker), but if she had've released XCX World, she'd probably hate it by now and have a complete different style and I'm intrigued as to how that would look/sound...

But I love that she was able to experiment and evolve through the mixtapes! I'm just hoping for something more... like I personally think 5ITM wouldn't feel out of place on N1A and Focus on Pop 2 (obviously GNO and NA are older), so like I'm excited to see where she goes next

Yeah, like obviously VV was her vision and then the label made her water it down (like the punk album and Sucker), but if she had've released XCX World, she'd probably hate it by now and have a complete different style and I'm intrigued as to how that would look/sound...

But I love that she was able to experiment and evolve through the mixtapes! I'm just hoping for something more... like I personally think 5ITM wouldn't feel out of place on N1A and Focus on Pop 2 (obviously GNO and NA are older), so like I'm excited to see where she goes next

I don’t think she would hate XCX World by now because it wouldn’t be something forced. Like let’s be real, Sucker sounds forced and false. It’s pretty shit and I think Charli would agree. I feel like right now she’s in a healthy progression within this sub-genre she’s found herself in. She’s never done this many shows, parties, what have you for any of her previous stuff. It’s so good to see her so passionate about her art now.

giphy.gif

Party 4 U > Taxi, RNR and all of Charli's songs that exists or will exist someday  :flutter:

Yes! Why should she waste her time releasing song she clearly hates when PARTY 4 U is right there?!

Switch it up already? Maybe when she releases an album lmao

The albums never coming though... like for real

Surely if an album was coming this year would've been the perfect time? The acclaim of the mixtapes, plus moderate success of Boys, DSM and 1 Night last summer. Then her team actually willing to give her a budget for music videos, numerous collabs and single releases... and of course the opportunity to promote/perform it on the reputation tour? Even the Pop 2 / Femmebot Fantasy shows etc could've been used as a promo tour.

I think we need to accept that while she's signed to Atlantic, she's a singles/EPs/mixtapes artist now

don't assume that she'll never release another album again, that's just silly considering it's in her contract.

i'm sure she will release an actual album early next year.

I assume she'll release more albums if she ever gets out her contract, and yeah if she does release another with Atlantic, what is the likelihood of it being PC music? Which goes back to my original opinion of wanting her to do something new.

Don't get me wrong, I want her to release another album, I just shared my opinion of wanting her to move on from PC and to others that seemed unlikely since she hasn't released a PC album yet (despite having like 30 songs) - so I do believe that she won't release an album during this phase... and I'm willing to bet that if an album does come in 2019, it will not be PC music.

Don't get me wrong, I want her to release another album, I just shared my opinion of wanting her to move on from PC and to others that seemed unlikely since she hasn't released a PC album yet (despite having like 30 songs) - so I do believe that she won't release an album during this phase... and I'm willing to bet that if an album does come in 2019, it will not be PC music.

To be honest, from what I’ve noticed she’s not done with an era until an album is out. IMO the quickest way for Atlantic to get rid of the PC era is to release an album. I also feel PC Muisc has freed her so much that it’ll always influence her. I do feel a new album would have a bit of a new sound but still that PC heart. I imagine it’ll always influence her, but just won’t be as prominent. Kind of like making stuff similar to No Angel, Dirty Sexy Money, 1999, Focus, & 5 In The Morning. She’ll stay pop, but it won’t be just PC pop anymore.

I also feel she’s so happy doing PC Music now & going to clubs & throwing club shows because it reminds her of her past. She was 14 doing club shows. It’s literally her roots.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

So my White Roses mix it's on Xclusivejams and they didn't even bother to give a hoe credit  :facepalm:

To be honest, from what I’ve noticed she’s not done with an era until an album is out. IMO the quickest way for Atlantic to get rid of the PC era is to release an album. I also feel PC Muisc has freed her so much that it’ll always influence her. I do feel a new album would have a bit of a new sound but still that PC heart. I imagine it’ll always influence her, but just won’t be as prominent. Kind of like making stuff similar to No Angel, Dirty Sexy Money, 1999, Focus, & 5 In The Morning. She’ll stay pop, but it won’t be just PC pop anymore.
I also feel she’s so happy doing PC Music now & going to clubs & throwing club shows because it reminds her of her past. She was 14 doing club shows. It’s literally her roots.

I also feel this 10000%. It seems like Atlantic can't see that that's one of - if not THE - easy way out for both, especially Charli if they ever care about her (and tbh most of the times they don't).

Tbh most of the songs she’s recorded this year that we know of, White Mercedes, 5ITM, 1000 Times, Shoes, Dance All Night etc all sound very watered down in comparison to VV. They’re electronic but not PC Music imo (like majority of POP2 btw)

Tbh most of the songs she’s recorded this year that we know of, White Mercedes, 5ITM, 1000 Times, Shoes, Dance All Night etc all sound very watered down in comparison to VV. They’re electronic but not PC Music imo (like majority of POP2 btw)

the 2018 songs are pretty much just pop, with some pc styled tracks like focus

no offense but imagine not being a fan of Charlotte like..... how

I tried playing her for my brother... he "just really doesn't like her" but no solid explanation beyond that. As in like... why not? "I just don't." :crossed:

Funny thing was, a couple years ago, I played some of her older stuff after a night out drinking and stuff, and with a few drinks in him, he seemed to like it lol. I think I distinctly remember playing Grins. Then just recently put on some POP2 for him too when he was visiting. He didn't like it...  I think he kinda has some weird "can't listen to female singers" complex though lol. He's a metal-head... but I mean, I kinda am too? Idk... :facepalm: :toofunny:

Anyway, on a somewhat similar note... this will probably sound kinda weird, but I actually find some similarities with modern metal with her PC Music stuff tbh... Songs like Backseat (the outro), Tears, and Delicious and some of her stuff with "harder" elements... It's really outstanding, hard, progressive production. A.G. is dope. Charli is dope... I'm a life-long stan. :defeated: