Fluorine

Charli XCX

It means 1999 isn't coming this week then? Ugh I hate her team

She said COUPLE WEEKS not ENTIRE MONTH arghhh

If she at least updated us about it but not even a insta story, that's the worst, being left in vacuum of information

All I remember her saying was that the next single drop would be a “little late”... I don’t ever remember specifics.

not to sound ungrateful, far from that, but i'll be a lil disappointed if we're only getting 1999 and later the MV

this whole time without actual new music (GNO tbh doesn't even count).............

i can only hope it's another double single  :defeated:

ps: at least the focus remix it's fire, yaeji never ceases to amaze me

Feeling ungrateful is kinda sorta justified when she's the one who said she'd release "so much music this year we'd be sick of her" after dropping two mixtapes worth last year   :flutter:

No it's not! Let her do what she wants and if she changes her mind/is unable to do so due to internal situations, that is okay and she does not need to inform her fans!! 

giphy.gif

The main reason I'm annoyed rn is cuz on Sep 1 she said on instagram something would be coming "in a few weeks time". Seems like the single is coming on Friday 9/28, so I wish she had just said "in a month's time" instead so my expectations would be slightly more realistic. That being said this post probably sound super ungrateful which I'm not, I'm super thankful that she is releasing music at all and I'm happy to wait for it cuz I know it'll be worth the wait

I actually haven't listened to almost any charli leaks :legend: besides Bounce and the Jam City collab I haven't heard a single track. Somebody give me an award lol

Atlantic doesn’t want our money... :facepalm:

No offense but how much money is that compared to how much it takes to realease shit and pay producers and do visuals? Because look at what happened with GNO and No Angel, you got the songs and the sales and streams are tragic.

Let’s hope 1999 is a hit so she can have a little more wiggle room on what she releases (and maybe an album).

tumblr_lnfi10CxUR1qdti63o1_500.gif

yeah exactly how I feel. I know its just semantics sksksk but it's annoying

She/her team KNOWS how starving is this fanbase at this point, really. We are ponctual, we wait for it, we crave every single date and release. She is dealing with our expctations for SO LONG, and she's been trying to slow it down after all the teasing she made herself, but she is actually doing the opposite to make us calm down. With all this silence we get even more annoyed so if what comes isn't all this "worthy", people will be slandering her and how can that be any good? I'm obviously not talking about mature fans that can deal with frustration, but i'm talking about 95% of the fanbase that gets upset all the time and go clap her back on twitter and instagram. So why tease something that is not even ready? I'd rather to have her just saying it would come next month so there would be no anticipation over nothing, because I don't EVER think delaying and making people wait so long with no info is good marketing.  :facepalm:

I might sound frustrated, and I might be a little, but I'm just concerned that this drop might fail in the end because of all this uncontrolleld expectation that is forming all around the release. And I don't think her team is organized AT ALL, which makes all the work even harder.