Fluorine

Charli XCX

XCX was going to be Charli's Teenage Dream without the hit singles... just pop perfection and catchy ballads... this was Charli's top 40 album that got away... her mind

So true

As much as I enjoy XCX World, it was blessing in disguise that she didn't release that album... it would've bombed sales and charts wise.

And we wouldn't have gotten a second single (probably GNO) til 2017, which means the whole of last year would've been dedicated to probably festivals, shows and a few singles / music videos for fans.

Instead we got N1A and Pop 2, both of which are better than the original album imo, the whole XCX World album (unofficially) and now the monthly drops as well as loads of collabs... which might not have happened as frequently whilst she was in an album cycle.

And say we had've got XCX World as she intended we'd be right where we are now waiting for a new album cycle to launch.

Not gonna lie I just 1999 to make top 40 at this point, then hopefully they'll launch the album / project she's been working on. I just want pop from Charli, a little bit of PC here and there but right now I want something mainstream and radio friendly.

I literally can’t believe I’m listening to Taxi right now. Like..... WOW. I seriously have not lusted over any unreleased song by any artist ever more than I have Taxi by Charli XCX. (Midnight & Jungle were close, don’t have Jungle still)

AND ITS SO GOOD!!!!! TODAY IS BEAUTIFUL DAY  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

H0bDaqU.gif

So if 1999 is the lead from the new album. What do you think the album will be like? Like concept wise, I'm assuming it'll be something totally different from XCX World rather than a newer version of it?