Fluorine

Charli XCX

I’m looking forward to a fresh start for the new iteration of the album. Do we think she’ll still label it as XCX World?

I think everything will be fresh, I think that we can expect a new creative direction in terms of artwork / imagery / logo etc.

And I believe we can expect a pop record (with very few if any PC music elements).

I think everything will be fresh, I think that we can expect a new creative direction in terms of artwork / imagery / logo etc.

And I believe we can expect a pop record (with very few if any PC music elements).

i would love a new creative direction for the album but i also love the asthetic she hold onto since 5itm aka slimey/futuristic

since 1999 it's from the new album we need to wait and see if she's gonna come up with a new direction for the artwork/logo

i would love a new creative direction for the album but i also love the asthetic she hold onto since 5itm aka slimey/futuristic

since 1999 it's from the new album we need to wait and see if she's gonna come up with a new direction for the artwork/logo

I think it would be cool and wise if 1999 is the lead single, to start off the campaign with a creative direction - for example the slime / futuristic style is for the monthly drops and the XCX logo hasn't been used since the mixtapes (other than for After The Afterparty and Boys).

I think a new logo and a new style would give the upcoming era some identity so it doesn't feel confused with the previous releases.

what we need is a double release again 1999 (feat Troye) / 1999 solo

I'd rather her release 1999 as a solo single (is Troye even confirmed?) and then if a version does exist with Troye they could drop it as a remix to gain momentum before the album?

I think it would be cool and wise if 1999 is the lead single, to start off the campaign with a creative direction - for example the slime / futuristic style is for the monthly drops and the XCX logo hasn't been used since the mixtapes (other than for After The Afterparty and Boys).

I think a new logo and a new style would give the upcoming era some identity so it doesn't feel confused with the previous releases.

I'd rather her release 1999 as a solo single (is Troye even confirmed?) and then if a version does exist with Troye they could drop it as a remix to gain momentum before the album?

diplo confirmed troye as the feature

diplo confirmed troye as the feature

Ah nice, sorry I must have missed that. Well then if the version we are getting has Troye featured then I think that should be the only version released... cos I agree with KillForLove, having 2 versions out at once would be lethal for her streaming numbers.

am i the only one who thinks that charli KILLED the xcx tag?

I absolutely believe that Boys will be on the album, purely for streams and appeal of another song people will recognise.

I don't think any of the XCX World leaks will be on the new album, I'm imagining new material and potentially the tracks she played for fans at the Spotify event (White Mercedes, Blame It On Your Love and obviously 1999).

same, but maybe as a target excluse, idk, maybe bounce.

am i the only one who thinks that charli KILLED the xcx tag?

same, but maybe as a target excluse, idk, maybe bounce.

How do you mean, KILLED it?

And I think it's extremely unlikely that this album will get a Target exclusive etc. Likely to be one edition, with one tracklist (no bonus tracks etc.), her last 3 releases (Vroom Vroom, Number 1 Angel and Pop 2) weren't even available on CD, despite there being demand from fans.

There doesn't seem to be a demand for deluxe editions of albums anymore - I know Atlantic are pushing a deluxe edition of Rita Ora's Phoenix, however she hasn't released an album for 6 years, meaning there's a demand from her fans. Also 6 out of 12 tracks on the standard edition are hit singles (an advantage Charli doesn't have) therefore the deluxe edition seems to be for fans who have been waiting so long for new material.

she stops using the xcx tag, none of the past songs  had it 

How do you mean, KILLED it?

And I think it's extremely unlikely that this album will get a Target exclusive etc. Likely to be one edition, with one tracklist (no bonus tracks etc.), her last 3 releases (Vroom Vroom, Number 1 Angel and Pop 2) weren't even available on CD, despite there being demand from fans.

well, you have a BIG point there, i really hope that if we are getting an album, it gets physical realize

if i have a grammatical error or something, feel free to correct me, English is not my born language

she stops using the xcx tag, none of the past songs  had it 

I think it's just representative of an era, the XCX tag kinda marks her PC music phase (beginning with After The Afterparty and last being used on Pop 2)

well, you have a BIG point there, i really hope that if we are getting an album, it gets physical realize 

If the release is an album and not a mixtape etc. I think there will be a physical release - likely to be CD and LP, unsure if the album will be promoted / available worldwide like Sucker though.

When is she offically done with the Republican world tour? November?

November 9th (with 2 shows in Japan to follow on 20th / 21st).

Also a theory, what if in the video diary where she's running around screaming, what if she'd found out her label were gonna release an album? And that's why the monthly drops stopped after Girls Night Out to allow some hype to build?

OMGGGGGGG just saw assassination nation and it’s SOOOOOOOOO good literally the movie was next level. ANYWAYS ......they played some of Bricks during the movie and it sounds excellent is there any word why it wasn’t released

convince hope.

by promo i meant after parties and instagram posts with random captions  :teehee:

November 9th (with 2 shows in Japan to follow on 20th / 21st).

Also a theory, what if in the video diary where she's running around screaming, what if she'd found out her label were gonna release an album? And that's why the monthly drops stopped after Girls Night Out to allow some hype to build?

in real life: her running around and screaming was bc the label have her the green light to release... GNO  :deadbanana:

that's some giorgio moroder shit

i love this so much