Fluorine

Charli XCX

good, keep Caroline’s n-word using ass off Charli’s releases

She quoted a lyric and apologised for it... get over it 

on beats1 Charli said that she made a song with Yung Lean produced by Caroline Polachek for Charli, but it got cut

Wow I would LOVE to hear that one day... Pang is one of the best albums this year :defeated:  she's amazing

She quoted a lyric and apologised for it... get over it

She sat there an typed out the n-word at the ripe age of 33 in the year 2018. That “I didn’t know I was just quoting a song” notes app apology after she got called out was weak, as she, a grown woman, should have known better in the first place.

On 12/11/2019 at 5:13 PM, KillForLove said:

She sat there an typed out the n-word at the ripe age of 33 in the year 2018. That “I didn’t know I was just quoting a song” notes app apology after she got called out was weak, as she, a grown woman, should have known better in the first place.

so what ? once you do something problematic its over for you, all you gotta do is shoot yourself? not everyone get the chance to grow up with a "woke" education or a "woke" environment. And i mean.. its not like she was calling someone the n-word. She quoted a song, people told her why it was wrong, she understood and apologised and wont do it again.

can we stop with this cancel culture? i'm so over this ugly narrative. people make mistakes, learn from them and change. if we used this same narrative in real life every fucking one of us would be cancelled so, PLEASE, can we stop expecting famous people to be perfect? can we stop expecting them to never make a mistake? they're just flawed human beings like us. let's move ON.

stream bricks.

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

so what ? once you do something problematic its over for you, all you gotta do is shoot yourself? not everyone get the chance to grow up with a "woke" education or a "woke" environment. And i mean.. its not like she was calling someone the n-word. She quoted a song, people told her why it was wrong, she understood and apologised and wont do it again, move on sis ?

Please point me to any career repercussions she’s had? Her new album is doing fine and plenty of people act like it ever happened. Cancel culture is not real and me ~personally~ holding her accountable saying I’d prefer Charli not work with her is not “cancelling” her. Holding someone accountable for something she should have known better for is not “cancelling” her. You all are free to continue supporting her, much like I’m free to avoid her. Please miss me with the “not everyone grew up with a woke education”, shes a college educated millennial and has undoubtedly come across the multitudes of discourse surrounding white people’s use of the n-word in her 33 years of living. She apologized, that was good enough for some people, it wasnt for me. She’s not cancelled and I’m not attacking anyone for listening to her, I’m saying I’d prefer Charli not work with her. Whether Charli does or not is up to her, not me. You people need to stop taking any critique or discussion of accountability as “cancelling”. End of discussion.