Eulonzo

Britney Spears

let's talk about this. do we REALLY know it was her and not Britney?

The second verse though...  :flop:

Speaking of Myah Jean, Passenger came on shuffle today and it reminded me of how awful the vocal production is on the entire thing. I get that RCA wanted an album out for Vegas, but how could a major label have approved something that embarrassing?

These are just a couple album covers I did for Glory. They didn't turn out how I liked but I thought I'd share. Thoughts?

6zhDOSu.jpg

z2FcYXA.jpg

SGFnARf.jpg

mJcj3uP.jpg

kGysCc2.jpg

IhpivA4.jpg

UXG7EhT.jpg

omg they're huge, I didn't mean for them to be this big sorry lol

lilkimxchapelle.png

please listen to Adrenaline by RuPaul, she is the featured artist and it is uncannily like Britney

BzhmW.png

Being a huge Myah fan myself, I know her voice like the back of my hand. As soon as I listened to the song I was on the floor  :defeated: the level of unprofessionalism that entire album was.....lmfaooooo. Brit deserves better  :crossed:

TjmiIK4.png

please listen to Adrenaline by RuPaul, she is the featured artist and it is uncannily like Britney

And she's not even trying to sound like her there! Listen to this... it's just scary tbh LMAO

TjmiIK4.png

so okay. yes, "Black Widow" especially sounds like the Britney present on Britney Jean, but like.... is it just that Myah is doing LOTS of background vocals that are very overpowering? like Britney still sings on the songs right? they couldn't call it a Britney Spears album if she didn't..... right???!

H0bDaqU.gif

so okay. yes, "Black Widow" especially sounds like the Britney present on Britney Jean, but like.... is it just that Myah is doing LOTS of background vocals that are very overpowering? like Britney still sings on the songs right? they couldn't call it a Britney Spears album if she didn't..... right???!

Well I think they used a lot of Myah's vocals just because Britney wasn't providing good enough takes for them to use for a lot of the songs, but yes Brit is still in *almost* all of them. However I still to this day don't think they used a single layer of Britney in Body Ache... but who knows really lmao. Myah denied that it was all her vocals but I'm sure she isn't allowed to talk about it obviously  :creep:

Either way I think Britney's vocals are improving and she's starting to sound like her old self again. At least in Make Me. PS is another matter tho lmfao

Here's some of Myah's studio sessions for the songs on BJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6AiaR9cjg8

TjmiIK4.png

Perfume is the only song on the entire album that Myah didn't provide vocals for, and that's because they used Sia's lol. Honestly I don't really get it, because Britney's vocals on Perfume are actually good. I mean obviously she isn't the best vocalist, but she doesn't sound bad at all. So I don't necessarily think they used a lot of Myah's vocals on the album because Britney's weren't good enough, I think it was more of a timing issue. I think they wanted to rush the album and Britney didn't have a lot of time in the studio. It's really sad and I feel bad for Britney because she definitely didn't have anything to do with that. What's REALLY sad is the fact that 90% of Chilling with You is Myah, and that's supposed to be a 'personal' song between Britney and Jamie Lynn. I feel like Jamie Lynn had more time in the studio for this album than Britney did lol. However since the major backlash and controversy that followed the album's release, I don't think they'll ever attempt doing it again. We can expect Britney from now on!

Side note: Britney Jean wasn't the first revelation of this issue. After Cathy Dennis' Toxic demo leaked, a lot of people realized that most of the chorus is her singing and not Britney. But obviously that's nothing compared to almost an entire album being faked.

Perfume is the only song on the entire album that Myah didn't provide vocals for, and that's because they used Sia's lol.

My fave is when she performs the dreaming mix and lipsyncs to sia's vocals  :hooker:

Side note: Britney Jean wasn't the first revelation of this issue. After Cathy Dennis' Toxic demo leaked, a lot of people realized that most of the chorus is her singing and not Britney. But obviously that's nothing compared to almost an entire album being faked.

Omg I just listened  :facepalm: Joanne who? Britney The Scammer TBH  :creepna:  :lmaoney:

TjmiIK4.png

And she's not even trying to sound like her there! Listen to this... it's just scary tbh LMAO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbiG2LcmR2Y

YOOO I never knew about this. Are y'all sure this is not Britney? Lmao

And I can't believe she faked a whole album. And what was the drama when BJ was released? Was it bc of this or something else?

BOPS ONLY  :bop:

Edit: Not this turning into a Myah Marie thread  :toofloppy: we gotta stop y'all lmfaooooo

TjmiIK4.png

YOOO I never knew about this. Are y'all sure this is not Britney? Lmao

And I can't believe she faked a whole album. And what was the drama when BJ was released? Was it bc of this or something else?

It wasn't the whole album, for some songs Myah is only marginally on it, or not at all (Work Bitch, Alien, Brightest Morning Star, Hold On Tight, It Should Be Easy, Perfume etc). The problem is in songs like Body Ache, Passenger and Tik Tik Boom where Myah is doing most of the vocals. As the album was billed as her "most personal yet", this just proved how lazy an attempt it was and how it was simply an attempt to create promo for Vegas. This is also proven through the production of Alien, where there is a clear and obvious glitch after the second verse, as well as the misspelling of "Hold on Tight" as "Hold on Tite" on many pressings of the album, which you can still easily purchase. Furthermore, Britney has always been very reliable with her album credits, yet it's painstakingly obvious that she/her team lied about her writing all the songs on the album; Passenger, for example, was written by Katy Perry and virtually finished when given to Britney. Now That I Found You was solely written by Danny O'Donague in 5 minutes after will.i.am rang him up and asked him urgently to write a song as they needed to fill up BJ's tracklist.

All in all, it is a very very lazy album that is not worthy of the Britney Spears title.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

That's not a rarity though. If a demo is already recorded with backing vocals a lot of times they just replace the lead vocal stem and a few ad libs. Current examples are Same Old Love by Selena and Ain't Your Mama by Jlo where u can clearly hear Charli XCX or Meghan Trainer singing, it's basically a feature. Another Britney Track is Quicksand where you can hear Gaga.

On another note: when myahs backing vocals are credited it's kinda ok since it's the same with Lucky Ones with Lana, the lead is Lana, the backing vocals the other woman. No one would say Lucky Ones isnt sung by Lana though..

The BIG Issue with Myah is that she sounds similar to Britney but not the same, then they run 193 layers of vocal editing on her vocals to make them sound as similar to Britney as it gets, the result sounds annoying. The lead vocals on bj and ff were autotuned so much, then they added even more autotuned vocals, the results usually sound robotic and flat. They just need to ditch Myah already, does someone know if she's credited on any speculated Glory track already?

i76mrxw.png