Sign in to follow this  
NickDelRey

Opinions on ultraviolence box set?

I own the box set, but I waited until this past month to buy it because urban outfitters had it on sale for 50.

I really wish she took a different approach with the cd packaging, because it won't stay closed and it streches out the cd having the booklet AND the cd in the one sleeve, I don't know who's idea that was. The target version is better.

I like the lp's and LOVE the gatefold sleeve! 

I do love to have the box set and not many people own it, so it feels like something a true fan would have.

I wouldn't pay 100 dollars for it, that's extremely expensive. There should've been more in it. 

What would've you added to it?

i LOVE my box set. it's so beautiful. i love the picture disks and the enclosed lithographs.

i wish it came with lyrics, though. and i'm still not in love with the cover of UV. i almost wish it was the picture of her in the peyote shirt.

let me be who i'm meant to be

My vinyl sleeve came with a tear right alone the spine where it says her name, I was so pissed, but I didn't want to return it bc it had taken so long to get it. I wish there had been lyrics, or the gatefold picture be the peyote pic instead of the cityscape

But I love it nonetheless, so beautiful and it's great that it comes with vinyl AND cd, boxsets usually only have one or the other

smile.gif

I think it's stunning. The records are the most beautiful things ever, but I really don't get the choice of the random print of with the ultraviolence lyrics on it (which were written wrong?!)

I would've much preferred to have another picture of Lana, maybe a recoloured pic of the UV cover or something idek.

FzytWEW.png

i LOVE my box set. it's so beautiful. i love the picture disks and the enclosed lithographs.

i wish it came with lyrics, though. and i'm still not in love with the cover of UV. i almost wish it was the picture of her in the peyote shirt.

part of me knows that photo is soo tumblr soft grunge pastel whatever but boy do i love it. and i agree, it's be beuatiful album art.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

this is the pic i want in the box set not the stupid ultraviolence lyric one

FzytWEW.png

The box set is so beautiful, but I don't really use finals so I was surprised to see how..."flimsy" they were. I wasn't expecting such thick plastic. I was more thinking vinyls would be more like CD's.

Least I'm educated now lmao. But it's truly a beautiful set. Like any bible, I keep it higher than anything else in my bedroom. :smile2:

I have it and its gorgeous.The picture disc are divine, really good quality and the gate-fold sleeve is perfect.

My digipack wouldn't close properly so I had to put some books on top so it would so that it would. The paper they put the four art prints on dulled the color down massively and the paper they used wasn't very good quality.I was expecting it to be glossy somewhat. The UV lyric mistake they used on one of the prints and that is used in the booklet made me a bit angry to. 

I wish they used the peyote t-shirt photo as the album cover for the box-set to make it a little bit more special/exclusive and that Flipside/Is This Happiness was included on the box-set too.When I found out that there were another two tracks not included on my very expensive box-set I lost it a little bit BC I felt I wasted my money a little bit tbh.

I love the box-set to bits but there where some flaws.I really hope we get a paradise like box-set this coming era...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Who is responsible for the typo (Nighshade), wrong lyric (filled with passion, I can play most anything, they got a sayin') - especially on the big lithograph, and British spelling (I'm your favourite girl) of the text on the booklet? Like seriously you had one job!

My best guess is Mat Maitland is that him?

Also I just got the boxset now, thought I can treat myself to that :) It is very lovely, especially the picture vinyl and the gatefold LP. I don't like the CD packaging either it's just awkward, would have been better if they made it gatefold - CD on one side booklet on the other side?

Who is responsible for the typo (Nighshade), wrong lyric (filled with passion, I can play most anything, they got a sayin') - especially on the big lithograph, and British spelling (I'm your favourite girl) of the text on the booklet? Like seriously you had one job!

My best guess is Mat Maitland is that him?

Also I just got the boxset now, thought I can treat myself to that :) It is very lovely, especially the picture vinyl and the gatefold LP. I don't like the CD packaging either it's just awkward, would have been better if they made it gatefold - CD on one side booklet on the other side?

British spelling isn't a typo....

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

But would Lana have wanted British spelling ? That I don't know

Either spelling is right though so...

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

I know this is thread is dead but it would have been nice if the "Exclusive" prints where actually exclusive to the box set. they are all accessible through some other way single art, booklet art x2, and alternative cover art

CJjib6A.jpg