Sign in to follow this  
Pluto

Arcade Fire

1035x596-20140114-arcadefire-x1800-13897

Arcade Fire is a Canadian indie rock band based in MontrealQuebec consisting of husband and wife Win Butler and Régine Chassagne, along with Win's younger brother Will ButlerRichard Reed ParryTim Kingsbury and Jeremy Gara. The band's current touring line-up also includes former core member Sarah Neufeld, frequent collaborator Owen Pallett, two additional percussionists, Diol Edmond and Tiwill Duprate, and saxophonists Matt Bauder and Stuart Bogie.

Founded in 2001 by friends and classmates Win Butler and Josh Deu, the band came to prominence in 2004 with the release of their critically acclaimed debut album Funeral, and has won numerous awards, including the 2011 Grammy for Album of the Year (they hold the distinction of being the only musical group to have won their first and only Grammy in that category), the 2011 Juno Award for Album of the Year, and the 2011 Brit Award for Best International Album for their third studio album, The Suburbs, released in 2010 to critical acclaim and commercial success.[1] In earlier years, they won the 2008 Meteor Music Award for Best International Album and the 2008 Juno Award for Alternative Album of the Year for their second studio album, Neon Bible. They also received nominations for the Best Alternative Music Album Grammy for all four of their studio albums. The band's work has also been named three times as a shortlist nominee for the Polaris Music Prize: in 2007 for Neon Bible, in 2011 for The Suburbs and in 2014 forReflektor, winning the award for The Suburbs. In 2013, Arcade Fire released their fourth album, Reflektor, and scored the feature film Her, for which band member William Butler, along with Owen Pallett were nominated for Best Original Score at the 86th Academy Awards.

Didn't find a thread for them.  I'm lazy so I just copied the wikipedia bio  :teehee: 

~

I bought the 12" single for Reflektor today and it's so pretty.  :flutter: 

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

I stanned for AF and FATM before Lana came into the picture. Honestly, none of their albums have ever let me down, but The Suburbs is their best. It's indescribably visceral and nostalgic, and I implore everyone to give it a listen.

I have all of theirs albums trough DL lol. Yet, have only listened to The Suburbs.  The suburbs(song), The suburbs (continued), Rococo, and My Body Is A Cage are very great songs.

I find Rococo to be such an amazing song specifically. The production, vocals, and energy are just wow.

I stanned for AF and FATM before Lana came into the picture. Honestly, none of their albums have ever let me down, but The Suburbs is their best. It's indescribably visceral and nostalgic, and I implore everyone to give it a listen.

it's one of those albums that sound so much better on vinyl, it just sounds amazing.

karma drawn up in lines / baby it's a freebie you sure look deprived

Hello, I'm late!

I've read in the paper yesterday morning that their show was far from sold out, so I took a look at Stubhub and I paid $25 instead of $100 for a floor ticket. UNBELIEVABLE! Apparently, their last album had mixed reviews. I've heard so many good things about the band back in 2014, but I was not interested to listen for whatever reason. Yesterday, I was in the right mood. Shit. The show was so good!! I danced almost all the time and I've never really heard their stuff before. I had a blast. I lit up a joint halfway through the concert and I've been able to smoke half of it before I got caught by security, so I ate what was left. Classy. 

(I really got to figure out a way to smoke weed in venues because the way I hear music when I'm high it's absolutely orgasmic)

So yeah, I will check their discography. If you like the band, I highly recommend you to see them. If you don't know the band, I highly recommend you to see them. They are on tour and the prices are low on Stubhub. The show was at 7:30, I got on Stubhub at 4pm, refreshed the page every 15 minutes and there was a price drop at 6:30pm, bam!

Best moments:

I was curious to know what people think of their last album Everything Now. I listened the album for the first time as a warm up for the concert and I thought it was great, but I couldn't compare to their previous work, I didn't have time (and didn't want) to listen to the whole discography before the show.

Been following AF for a decade and got to finally see them live last week. 

Not just their music is some of the best work released this century, but their live is more than outstanding as well.

Couldn't be more invested in their artistic proposal right now. Highly reccomend to anyone who hasn't got into them to give their music a chance.

On 9/8/2017 at 12:30 AM, SlowGinFizzzz said:

I know a few of their songs, but I've never gotten around to immersing deeper into their discography. Can somebody suggest me some really good tracks to start with?  :creep:

Laika, Afterlife, Mountains beyond mountains, Rabbit Hole, We exist, Wake Up, Reflektor.

Their most accesible records are, from my point of view, Funeral and The Suburbs. My personal favourite is maybe Reflektor.