naachoboy

Lana featured on The Weeknd's new album

That moment when this basic-ass song is higher on the charts than any of Lana's amazing HM songs  :toofunny:

Makes you question the world's taste level!

Lmao, fucking people nowadays.

:awkney:

yes, can imagine what goes thru Lana's head when she see a song thru a collob does way better than her own.

And expecially when her own, blows everything out of the water right now sonically.. i don't know, sure there are mixed feelings

on that. or going back to her top ever (charts)- hits- Summertime Sadness (#6), back a few years, and the version

is the cedric version.. oh well, thats the GP for you. I still prefer the original personally. oh the irony..

Another way to look at it, i guess, is she is getting some exposure at least thru these collabs? still would like her to be a stand

alone artist. collab not required..

Another way to look at it, i guess, is she is getting some exposure at least thru these collabs? still would like her to be a stand

alone artist. collab not required..

I wouldn't mind if she wants to collaborate with other artists because I know Lana knows what kind of sound she wants. Summer Wine was a good sample, I think. It's brilliant as long as Lana have the say in music production and direction, I'm good. The music production is so mainstream and unlike her at all, I hate it as much as I love her.

Pitchfork: What character did Lana Del Rey play on the album?

AT: Me and Lana have been friends for a long time. I’ve inspired her, she’s inspired me. I feel like we’ve always been talking to each other through our music. She is the girl in my music, and I am the guy in her music. It’s just this ghostly collaboration that feels the most natural on the whole album. Even the whole monologue intro on “Lonely Star” from Thursday—I just realized now that that’s Lana. That’s Lana’s voice. [laughs] I mean, it’s my voice pitched up, but it’s her, it’s who she is. She was definitely the first feature that I wanted to bring on this album.

http://pitchfork.com/features/interviews/9711-the-dark-knight-returns-a-conversation-with-the-weeknd/

I'm really shocked at how intimately he portrays their relationship. I've always noticed thematic similarities between them but I never thought of them as connected. Surrendering to love, likening true love to the rush of drugs, seeking freedom through being led by another...

I'd like to see an interview of then together because I'm skeptical that Lana would say he was the guy in her music, even metaphorically. In this one quote, he's over simplified her songwriting and her art. I Wish she could respond to this interview, but I guess it's just another example of how difficult it is to 'get' Lana right in the media, so she just avoids it or blows it up with a nerf gun

Is she even singing in the chorus? I can barely hear anything, only the wailing of Abel. So frustrating. I think she should re-record it as a solo track without the annoying bird cry at the beginning and end.

She sounds so different, more poppy and generic but still amazing.

I'm really shocked at how intimately he portrays their relationship. I've always noticed thematic similarities between them but I never thought of them as connected. Surrendering to love, likening true love to the rush of drugs, seeking freedom through being led by another...

I'd like to see an interview of then together because I'm skeptical that Lana would say he was the guy in her music, even metaphorically. In this one quote, he's over simplified her songwriting and her art. I Wish she could respond to this interview, but I guess it's just another example of how difficult it is to 'get' Lana right in the media, so she just avoids it or blows it up with a nerf gun

I've always felt like there was some kind of connection between them. Not like they met or even knew about each other at first (allthough they certainly did later) but more like they came out of the same movement of mellow, dark and moody music and have the same kind of "sad beauty" aestethic. I could easily see them recognizing themselves in eachothers music.

Which is exactly why I'm dissapointed in "Prisoner". They had the potential to do amazing things together and instead we got a really bland track that tries to hard to be "anthemy". Ugh. Hope they'll collaberate in the future when Abel is over his quest for fame. (Not that I blame him, he deserves the spotlight, but his music is suffering from it).

EtLNZst.jpg

Track originally titled Prisoners and was 5:01 in length. possibly was a solo track too?

Single version maybe? I hope so, HM is coming soon and Prisioner debuted at Nr. 47 on the Hot 100

8nl2OpX.png

Single version maybe? I hope so, HM is coming soon and Prisioner debuted at Nr. 47 on the Hot 100

nope this is an early draft of the album included in a photobook package

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey