AKA Lizzy Grant

SOPHIE

the album is getting cooked on the reviews on rate your music by disgusting and vile faggots (technical term not slur) who clearly listened to leak and didnt even wait for the actual release to start spewing hate. what's the point? like you are so mad that this album exists that you felt the need to write your incoherent badly fleshed out half assed thoughts soooo quickly?? weird 

50 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

the album is getting cooked on the reviews on rate your music by disgusting and vile faggots (technical term not slur) who clearly listened to leak and didnt even wait for the actual release to start spewing hate. what's the point? like you are so mad that this album exists that you felt the need to write your incoherent badly fleshed out half assed thoughts soooo quickly?? weird 

No, exactly. And also all of it is coming from people who are either pissed that NYBD, TMTD, Burn Rubber and etc. didn't make it or from those who are pissed at the fact that this isn't OOEPUI 2.0. It's honestly very f*cking ignorant and unfair. I also feel like some people expected the album to be a nonstop cunt-fest (for some reason?), when in reality it's very much in line with this quote from that The Face interview from 2020: Whatever is put out into the world now needs to somehow be reactive to [the pandemic] and learn from this situation,” she says, birds chirping in the background. I feel some kind of shift of consciousness is occurring, whether that’s me coming into this more reflective place or whatever else it is, and I’m curious to know how that might manifest itself musically.”  

That said, I don't even remember the last time that I wasn't annoyed at a RYM score so...

Edited by That Venice Bitch
Edited to remove red text

52 minutes ago, Charlottexseax said:

It’s so sad honestly, I don’t get why they decided to open the album to ratings just because it has been leaked; it feels so disrespectful, also given the context of this release.

I would like to add that too many people on rym tend to adjust their ratings to the score they see, so I’m not surprised that it’s bombing because of a bunch of entitled listeners/“””fans”””; I have also seen people rating it like 1 or even 0,5 and I can’t help but wondering if they even cared enough to listen to the album or they just wanted to hate it no matter what.

I hope a good (and RESPECTFUL) Fantano review will cause a shift in the opinion of most users on the album.

7 minutes ago, parachute said:

It’s so sad honestly, I don’t get why they decided to open the album to ratings just because it has been leaked; it feels so disrespectful, also given the context of this release.

I would like to add that too many people on rym tend to adjust their ratings to the score they see, so I’m not surprised that it’s bombing because of a bunch of entitled listeners/“””fans”””; I have also seen people rating it like 1 or even 0,5 and I can’t help but wondering if they even cared enough to listen to the album or they just wanted to hate it no matter what.

I hope a good (and RESPECTFUL) Fantano review will cause a shift in the opinion of most users on the album.

Yea it’s so crazy. Saw this guy give it a 0.5 and when I looked at his profile the average was FOUR like wtf? And he’d given 0.5 to Drake, j cole, Justin Bieber. Like you’re telling me SOPHIE is as bad as Justin Bieber‘s albums? Insane 

1 hour ago, nuclear angel said:

moving the release is kinda pointless?? and like why only argentina and iceland??

16 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

out in Brazil tooo!!

I've got a feeling that it's officially dropping tonight with the Youtube premiere. Really hoping that the second premiere is a full album visualizer