Sign in to follow this  
Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 Ideas!

I really want her to work with a new producer and go into making new unfamiliar soundscapes ones for which Lana has not explored before. The two producers that come to mind are The Weekend or Paul Espworth....

Right now Lana needs to go away for a year or two to recharge creatively, physically and mentally.

I'm not sure really what I would want the next LP to sound like tbh Hopefully its something totally different from what we heard before and Lana finally dumps all the troupes she has used since BTD

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

All I can say is that I hope she creates something completely new, fresh and exciting. Although I LOVE Honeymoon and there isn't a song on it I would even consider skipping, I do feel like it just rehashes a lot of her typical imagery and sounds. I can't really explain it in words, but I feel as though Honeymoon is her least inspired album, despite having so many amazing moments. I hope she creates her next album with a new producer (yes, I love Rick, and they're a great team but working with someone else will ensure that there's a newly developed sound). I love how she went from Paradise to Ultraviolence, like they were such different sounds and UV truly explored  a new sound for her.

I'd like the songs to be like the darker versions of songs such as Last Girl on Earth, Boarding School, You and Me, Trash Magic, Mermaid Motel, etc but with electric guitars, raw vocals, and deep, bass-heavy drums (songs like MPG and PWYC come into mind). I hope she'll sample another unreleased song like she did with Methamphetamines and Old Money. She has so many acapellas that she can remake (for me Coca Cola immediately comes up). I do hope there will be more upbeat songs though. I don't need Off to the Races type songs, more like Carmen/TWMUG/Sad Girl type songs. 

The whole album concept is up to her. I hope the cover and the era itself is okay though haha. She seems to be greatly interested in space and metaphysical shit so maybe her album will be influenced by that. She came up with narco swing with UV, muddy trap energy with HM, and hopefully "infrared cosmo grunge" or something for her next album haha. 

sgopYhV.gif