Sign in to follow this  
Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 Ideas!

Lanas next album will be called Carnage and will be produced solely by John Cale. The albums will include 9 tracks, all recorded at the La Noria Cemetery in Chile. The title track is 11 minutes long and features Lana begging her lover to first torture her and then kill her. Lana sings on top of heavily distorted guitar sounds with no rythm, melody or fixed tempo. Another track on the album is called 'Arthur Loves You' and is written about the tragic death of Nick Cave's son Arthur Cave. The last track on the album is a cover of the Nico Song 'It Was A Pleasure Then'. There will be no drums on the album at all and the only instruments included on the album will be electric guitar, viola, harmonium, and glockenspiel.

#confirmed

I AM MY ONLY GOD

Lanas next album will be called Carnage and will be produced solely by John Cale. The albums will include 9 tracks, all recorded at the La Noria Cemetery in Chile. The title track is 11 minutes long and features Lana begging her lover to first torture her and then kill her. Lana sings on top of heavily distorted guitar sounds with no rythm, melody or fixed tempo. Another track on the album is called 'Arthur Loves You' and is written about the tragic death of Nick Cave's son Arthur Cave. The last track on the album is a cover of the Nico Song 'It Was A Pleasure Then'. There will be no drums on the album at all and the only instruments included on the album will be electric guitar, viola, harmonium, and glockenspiel.

#confirmed

i snorted out loud

title251192345.png

I don't really care what kind of sound or genre it is I just want her stick with one and make a cohesive record and not change her mind half way through like i feel that she did a bit with HM. (i'm yet to love it clearly)

I wouldn't mind something a bit more upbeat next time around.

I like the idea of her working with a bunch of people. I want even more variety in terms of sound on the next record. It would be cool if every other LP is dark and then lighter again. BTD isn't incredibly heavy, UV is dark and moody, and HM is light. I would love the next record to be dark as well.

I'd LOVE her to do some more rock-ish stuff. They teased those rock-instrumentals during the recent BBC Radio 1 session, it would be great if we actually would get an album like this.

Stuff like her Yayo live version, the Body Electric live version, her Heart Shaped Box cover, the unknown soundcheck song or the wonderful Off To The Races live version she did during the Endless Summer tour.

Flipside, Pretty When You Cry and parts of Shades Of Cool already went into this direction. I love how her beautiful voice goes along to those rock-ish instrumentals and although I like her calmer stuff and know that she'll always tend to do slower songs, it would be great to hear some rock-.esque songs.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Hoping for something that's a bit more experimental in a more mid-tempo or upbeat way. 

Also, something that is reflective of her current position in life.
I know that she said she didn't feel the need to write so much about herself for HM, so I have a feeling that the next album will be the least personal yet. And I feel like if that's the case then the songs can get a little bit faster in tempo and a little more experimental.

Please, Lana, not another BTD or Paradise. Please.

I wouldn't mind another BTD, but something really like to BTD and not HM that "it's closer to BTD than UV". But trying to emulate the past isn't possible, so I think it's better if she will not try to redo it. :poordat:

I think it'll be with an unexpected collaborator a la Dan Auerbach that influences a lot of its sound

You have read my mind. :legend: An artist like Thom Yorke it would be fantastic! :party:

I wouldn't mind another BTD, but something really like to BTD and not HM that "it's closer to BTD than UV". But trying to emulate the past isn't possible, so I think it's better if she will not try to redo it. :poordat:

You’d be surprised what Emile Haynie can do. :hooker:

Now that closing the album with a cover seems to be a new Lana tradition, is it possible that she'd cover Joni Mitchell for the next one ? She's always showed her love for Joni and the video she posted on Instagram got me thinking it's actually possible, especially "Both Sides Now" : she seems to be in a good place in her life to sing this song, and it fits the "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" theme

I also want her to, idk, take the good things from the previous records and try to mix it with the jazz/rock sounds she has in her live shows with the band. Also I wish she'd be more adventurous with her songwriting, like she used to, even though on HM I think she's slowly shifting her lyrical content and gimmicks in a good way