Sign in to follow this  
graham4anything

Congratulations to Lana on her Best Album Grammy Nomination

As duet artist for "Prisoner" on Weeknds  Beauty behind the madness, OFFICIALLY Lana is up for Album of year, and should it win, WINS A GRAMMY for Best Album

Norah Jones won her second best album as a duet artist

and

Leonard Cohen (the male Lana Del Rey) won his ONE and ONLY Grammy for album of year for his duet with Herbie Hancock on Herbie's immortal album.

Congratulations Lana.

Lovers gotta love it!

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

This is so cringeworthy like stop :horror:

I understand your cringeworthy remark to mean that it should have been stated in terms of who LDR is the female version of, which is the more flattering way to put it with respect to LC. So who is LDR the female version of? LC? Maybe on a few songs and maybe more from her unreleased. But if you like LDR who on the male side of popdom (historically) are you likely to like because they have similar elements? For me I get a bit of an Alan Parsons Project/Electric Light Orchestra/Bryan Ferry/Roxy Music vibe (i.e., restricting to only males) ... and they didn't win Grammys either.

However, the larger point is that LC didn't win a Grammy (or was even nominated) until way after a bunch of Grammy worthy work, and it was for secondary work. Grammys rectified the mistake by giving him a lifetime achievment Grammy in 2010 (when he was 76). Something similar was done for David Bowie (who had only one it for a video, in 1984).

It's not unusual for really great (as in influential and unique) talent to go unnoticed until late in a career, and often the notice is for lesser work. Pink Floyd won one Grammy for an instrumental on Division Bell (and I'm guessing they had better stuff before that). Genesis won their only Grammy for the Land of Confusion *video* (ditto what I said about PF). Peter Gabriel won a bunch of Grammys for secondary work (movie score contributions, music videos) but nothing for his groundbreaking solo albums. 

I got all this trivia by hunting around here for artists I like:

So this is how Lana has to get her Grammy. Well The Weeknd actually got a Grammy a few years ago for working with Drake on the Take Care album and now he'll be getting his own. So maybe Lana will have her own in a couple of years too! 

It just takes time, so we should be positive, Lana will get her own Grammy one day  :thankyou:

So this is how Lana has to get her Grammy. Well The Weeknd actually got a Grammy a few years ago for working with Drake on the Take Care album and now he'll be getting his own. So maybe Lana will have her own in a couple of years too! 

It just takes time, so we should be positive, Lana will get her own Grammy one day  :thankyou:

I doubt this album will ultimately win. It's going to be either Kendrick or Taylor, most likely Kendrick.

149o3h3.jpg

as everyone knows, Alfred Hitchcock, Stanley Kubrick, Cary Grant, Marilyn Monroe, James Dean, Elvis Presley, Peter O'Toole, Richard Harris, Richard Burton

all never won an Oscar until they were presented with honorary ones

Brian Wilson only won his first Grammy one a few years ago, 40 years plus after his career started

Meanwhile year after year one album wonders or one hit wonders win.

Congratulations Lana, I am very proud of this nomination.

BTW- without Lana being on Weeknd  Beauty behind the madness album, I would not have bought it. His sale was solely because of her co-written track

note that I did not purchase any of the other albums nominated in any other category.

and I do hope it is officially released in March as a single. Then  it could be nominated for duet of the year next year.

Ben Affleck and Matt Damon never won a best actor award either. But each has the same Oscar as if they would have.

One nomination is just as equal as any other. The recording industry makes NO distinction.

Like Nobel Prize winners. Matters little which category or if one or some. Each is equal.

Congratulations Lana, and Congratulations again on the Trailblazer award from Billboard's Women in Music awards. Just the second person ever to win this.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I doubt this album will ultimately win. It's going to be either Kendrick or Taylor, most likely Kendrick.

i think it has to be Kendrick, b/c you know Obama's favorite song of the year was off to To Pimp a Butterfly so by Presidential decree he wins. and then we will experience world peace, cure cancer, and end poverty. THE END