Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

Every song on her debut, except for Be the One, has her on the credits

the only song she hasnt written is be the one

woah that's rad then!! (i don't know why but i get turned off from artists that dont write their own stuff or produce)

All the roads lead to you...

woah that's rad then!! (i don't know why but i get turned off from artists that dont write their own stuff or produce)

I do too!! I'll use their bops but I deffo won't buy tickets to their show or anything ect

tumblr_static_1vaj0v9n1shwc4ks4c0gwsowo.

Every song on her debut, except for Be the One, has her on the credits

To be fair, she easily could've altered a couple of lyrics and leave it at that (not saying she didn't write her own lyrics, just saying that the writing credits may be deceiving in some cases). 

why do you think it's a very dumb view

Because judging someone's value as a pop star by their contribution to their lyrics is ridiculous. Did Elvis write his own material? Or Nina Simone? Or Whitney? Or Frank Sinatra? It's what you DO with the music that counts.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Because judging someone's value as a pop star by their contribution to their lyrics is ridiculous. Did Elvis write his own material? Or Nina Simone? Or Whitney? Or Frank Sinatra? It's what you DO with the music that counts.

But it loses the personal value. It's hard to stan someone when they don't write VERY personal lyrics that you can relate to. 

But it loses the personal value. It's hard to stan someone when they don't write VERY personal lyrics that you can relate to.

In what universe? It's easy to stan people who don't write their own lyrics once you take the giant stick out ya ass and realise that songs don't have to a) be written by the singer b) have to be personal.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I thought it was an okay and solid album, even though it's only the previously released tracks that stand out for me among Genesis, Last Dance and Be the One being the best tracks on the record. However I'm still loathing the covers, I really don't see why they decided to go for it when for example the Be the One single cover is actually so good. The wet hair and all is just a no for me, it'd be OK if it was a single cover but the mentioned BTO one would be so much better album cover art material...  :facepalm:

I thought it was an okay and solid album, even though it's only the previously released tracks that stand out for me among Genesis, Last Dance and Be the One being the best tracks on the record. However I'm still loathing the covers, I really don't see why they decided to go for it when for example the Be the One single cover is actually so good. The wet hair and all is just a no for me, it'd be OK if it was a single cover but the mentioned BTO one would be so much better album cover art material...  :facepalm:

The Be the One cover art is a fucking mess wyd. They literally (messily) photoshopped together two pictures and its tragic

FzytWEW.png

The Be the One cover art is a fucking mess wyd. They literally (messily) photoshopped together two pictures and its tragic

I'll admit they could've done their photoshop better but it's still better in my opinion  :pft: