slayLANAslay

Abra - the darkwave duchess

1188687.jpg1188684.jpg1188683.jpg

New Dazed article http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/32952/1/abra-awful-records-gregory-harris-dazed-25

Growing up in a heavily religious household, surrounded by perspectives that didn’t feel relevant to her, was frustrating and complicated. It became especially difficult when her best friend came out as gay, and she would get into huge fights with her dad on the subject.

New queen of "The Gays"

She's super cute! Is her music really darkwave? I love that genre. Pull Up sounds pretty good but I need more. 

What are some of her best songs? How much has she released? Anyone wanna send me a zip? :creep:

Her older material is more "darkwave" but she said something about feeling like she had to change up her sound a bit to hype people up (because her labelmates are mostly rappers and she was opening for them at first)

her first EP is an example of her older sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPjXRmJhCMQ

her newer sound is a bit more pop but its great

Vegas is amazing but I can't find it on Youtube

I also found these titles just going deep into her Facebook, but the links are dead and I can't find the actual songs anywhere.

Miss Me

When U Need Me

Fools Gold

Glasseye

Gold Door

If you have one of these or something or know of more titles, can you share please?

Has anyone been able to find any of these tracks?  I was able to track down Fools Gold, but I wish the quality was better.

Doing more digging for her music today and found two old collabs and a cover she did for a Christmas album.
Dark Times Indeed
Kookaburra

Oh Come, Oh Come, Emmanuel

I also found out she was arrested in 2013 for posing topless in public even though it was not against the law to do so in her state. There are still a bunch of old articles online about it.