SugarVenom

Ride Headdress Controversey

1. “get the fuck over it” yes i was, still am stating my opinion, if you don't like it ignore it, i don't mind!

Like i said i came across a bit sharp and i'm sorry but babe that doesn't excuse you from insulting me, that's just rude!

I really don't feel like going through all the faults in your posts since Monicker did a fine job of it, but I just want to point out one thing in your quoted post above that would basically nullify your ridiculous argument anyway.

I'm sorry, but "get the fuck over it" is NOT an opinion, it is a COMMAND. Do you not know the difference between the two? Doesn't seem like it. Monicker is right in what he said (no surprise there) and the main problem here is not that you have a different opinion, it's that you are telling other people how to feel/handle the situation. Who are you to tell someone whether they should be offended by something or not? Ah, yes, nobody. You must be pretty ignorant of the situation if you dismiss it as nothing, because the context in which Lana wore the headdress (NOT the fact that she wore it, which is what you seem to be stuck on and isn't the issue at all) is the problem and was actually really offensive. If you're going to be so damn bombastic about your opinion, then at least educate yourself on what you're actually talking about.

So you think you came off "a bit sharp"? Telling someone to get the fuck over a really offensive thing is just "a bit sharp"? When you come in here being rude and disrespectful, don't expect complete politeness and courtesy in return. If you don't want someone to be rude to you then don't be rude to them, common sense.

14417469274.gif

i don't mean to be harsh in anyway but get the fuck over it, ​she wore a headdress which was personal to her in a music video, regardless of the origin of it she did not make a mockery of it. smh.

right!?!? so sick of hearing about this. It's frankly dumb imo.

tumblr_maz0yvqp3S1qaio2lo1_500.gif

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

"Done my hair up real big, tribal king style. I know if I hunt, won't go hungry tonight..." - Lana Del RaciallyInsensitive

:teehee:

I really want to continue this but don't want to be racially insensitive myself :eek:

Allow me.

HOE MAH GAHD, the colors of the wind! White man John, has come, to kill my tribe again~

Someone ban me pls.

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

Guest Maru the Cat

Someone ban me pls.

Sorry, here at LanaBoards, you have to make a passive aggressive status begging to be banned because you feel unwelcome so that people will comment and say, "OMG, NO WHYYYYY!!!" and you can reap ~attenshun~ and then you have a big ~DRAMATIC!!!~ departure only to come back so you can read run-on sentences like these. :creep:

"nullify your ridiculous argument anyway." opinions can't be nullified, it's an opinion.

i do know the difference whether or not you think i do.

im not telling people how they should HANDLE the situation (they can carry on about being happy/angry about it) i'm giving my opinion about moving on from "controversy" if you don't want to or don't agree ignore it! (your entitled to :) )

"You must be pretty ignorant of the situation if you dismiss it as nothing, because the context in which Lana wore the headdress is the problem" no im not ignorant, just that imo i don't see any "controversy" in the context it was worn in or that she wore it.

"at least educate yourself on what you're actually talking about." i have.

"Telling someone to get the fuck over a really offensive thing is just "a bit sharp"?" yes IMO.

i was not disrespectful and i didn't insult anyone, i merely pointed out to moniker that there was no need to personally insult me.

Your argument isn't your opinion. Your argument was that people should get over it because you don't think it's offensive, which it is, and it is a FACT that it's offensive because it has offended a lot of people and they have valid reasons to be offended, which many people have explained but you've dismissed because you simply don't agree and haven't been in their shoes. You misunderstood me there, I'm not saying your opinion wasn't valid.

Once again, "get the fuck over it" isn't an opinion on how someone should react to something, it's a command. You weren't giving your opinion by commanding people. You were telling them what to do.

Just because you don't see the controversy in something doesn't mean it's not there, like I already said. You're choosing to ignore the controversial reality because in your opinion, you disagree with it, which is why I called you ignorant. That word means more than just "stupid," and I wasn't calling you stupid for your opinion, though your opinion still makes you ignorant in this situation. Ignorance can be as simple as not knowing, which is definitely your case because if you knew why people were offended by this, you wouldn't have been so rude in how you told people to move on from the issue.

For the last two parts, fair enough.

14417469274.gif

Telling people to 'get the fuck over it'... I don't think I can even put into words how awful that is. It didn't insult me personally - and it probably didn't insult most people but just think about it a minute, even if it's just a personal thing to Lana, it's a personal thing to other people and the scenes she was wearing it in doesn't portray the headdress at all well.

I love the video but I kind of thought the headdress was a bad idea of Lana's for her own reputation's sake.

I don't know whether it's a good idea of me to get involved now though... I think I might tear all my hair out by the end of it all.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

i can't keep repeating myself...

Your argument isn't your opinion. Your argument was that people should get over it because you don't think it's offensive, which it is, and it is a FACT that it's offensive because it has offended a lot of people and they have valid reasons to be offended, which many people have explained but you've dismissed because you simply don't agree and haven't been in their shoes. You misunderstood me there, I'm not saying your opinion wasn't valid.

Once again, "get the fuck over it" isn't an opinion on how someone should react to something, it's a command. You weren't giving your opinion by commanding people. You were telling them what to do.

Just because you don't see the controversy in something doesn't mean it's not there, like I already said. You're choosing to ignore the controversial reality because in your opinion, you disagree with it, which is why I called you ignorant. That word means more than just "stupid," and I wasn't calling you stupid for your opinion, though your opinion still makes you ignorant in this situation. Ignorance can be as simple as not knowing, which is definitely your case because if you knew why people were offended by this, you wouldn't have been so rude in how you told people to move on from the issue.

For the last two parts, fair enough.

"Your argument was that people should get over it because you don't think it's offensive" i didn't have an argument( i had a discussion with moniker) i had an opinion, voiced it and some people didn't like it. My opinion still is that people should move on, that's not an argument.

"haven't been in their shoes." you don't know anything about me, and im not dismissing their opinion, i just don't agree dragging it out. i'm not commanding anyone, but i do agree it was a bit aggressive which ive apologised for.

i know why some people may take it as controversial, so im not ignoring it, but i personally dont agree that it is controversial, (everyone has an opinion on everything), but that doesn't mean im ignorant.

Telling people to 'get the fuck over it'... I don't think I can even put into words how awful that is. It didn't insult me personally - and it probably didn't insult most people but just think about it a minute, even if it's just a personal thing to Lana, it's a personal thing to other people and the scenes she was wearing it in doesn't portray the headdress at all well.

I love the video but I kind of thought the headdress was a bad idea of Lana's for her own reputation's sake.

I don't know whether it's a good idea of me to get involved now though... I think I might tear all my hair out by the end of it all.

"it's a personal thing to other people and the scenes she was wearing it in doesn't portray the headdress at all well." i don't think the scenes in which the headdress was worn were bad or wrong in anyway, there was a bonfire, people were shaking beer, she was waving a gun, everyone looked happy, oh and there were fireworks. tell me how was the headdress portrayed negatively?

also im sorry to everyone for taking up like half of this thread in posts!!

4a6529bec89147acb3f01a5f3b6815e8.jpg

i can't keep repeating myself...

"Your argument was that people should get over it because you don't think it's offensive" i didn't have an argument( i had a discussion with moniker) i had an opinion, voiced it and some people didn't like it. My opinion still is that people should move on, that's not an argument.

"haven't been in their shoes." you don't know anything about me, and im not dismissing their opinion, i just don't agree dragging it out. i'm not commanding anyone, but i do agree it was a bit aggressive which ive apologised for.

i know why some people may take it as controversial, so im not ignoring it, but i personally dont agree that it is controversial, (everyone has an opinion on everything), but that doesn't mean im ignorant.

"it's a personal thing to other people and the scenes she was wearing it in doesn't portray the headdress at all well." i don't think the scenes in which the headdress was worn were bad or wrong in anyway, there was a bonfire, people were shaking beer, she was waving a gun, everyone looked happy, oh and there were fireworks. tell me how was the headdress portrayed negatively?

Argument can mean the same thing as discussion based on the context of the sentence. You're looking way too much into my words trying to make a point that isn't there to make.

I may not know anything about you, but LOL you basically proved my point that you haven't been in their shoes when you questioned Hello Heaven asking how the headdress was portrayed negatively, so keep digging your own grave. There was no point in telling me I know nothing about you to prove me wrong in saying you haven't been in their shoes, when you turn around and ask someone else how the headdress is portrayed negatively, because that PROVES you don't know anything about the opposing side of the argument, or in lighter terms-so you don't get overly technical and make a paragraph about how you "weren't arguing with anyone"-discussion.

:facepalm:

14417469274.gif

Argument can mean the same thing as discussion based on the context of the sentence. You're looking way too much into my words trying to make a point that isn't there to make.

I may not know anything about you, but LOL you basically proved my point that you haven't been in their shoes when you questioned Hello Heaven asking how the headdress was portrayed negatively, so keep digging your own grave. There was no point in telling me I know nothing about you to prove me wrong in saying you haven't been in their shoes, when you turn around and ask someone else how the headdress is portrayed negatively, because that PROVES you don't know anything about the opposing side of the argument, or in lighter terms-so you don't get overly technical and make a paragraph about how you "weren't arguing with anyone"-discussion.

:facepalm:

i was asking hello heaven how she thought the headdress was portrayed i wanted HER opinion on the subject, not mine, no one else's, hers, i wanted to know how she felt about it, yet again you've gone past what i was trying to say, and again you don't know whether or not i've been in there shoes because you know nothing about me! i understand that the headdress may be seen as controversial but i do not agree that it was controversial by wearing or appearing in that scene, i would understand if it was being burnt, but the truth is she wore it cause it meant something to her and it was pretty and good looking. I also understand that n. americans can take offence as it is sacred, it should be worn by men, and it's spiritual. But at the same time stop dragging it on, it's done she wore it some may find the context offensive but please stop going on about it, she didn't wear it to be controversial, all im saying is take a minute to think a singer wore the bonnet as it symbolized a great deal to her, it wasn't worn out of disrespect or mockery, so why make a such a big deal out of it, which is why i said get the fuck over it. BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i was asking hello heaven how she thought the headdress was portrayed i wanted HER opinion on the subject, not mine, no one else's, hers, i wanted to know how she felt about it, yet again you've gone past what i was trying to say, and again you don't know whether or not i've been in there shoes because you know nothing about me! i understand that the headdress may be seen as controversial but i do not agree that it was controversial by wearing or appearing in that scene, i would understand if it was being burnt, but the truth is she wore it cause it meant something to her and it was pretty and good looking. I also understand that n. americans can take offence as it is sacred, it should be worn by men, and it's spiritual. But at the same time stop dragging it on, it's done she wore it some may find the context offensive but please stop going on about it, she didn't wear it to be controversial, all im saying is take a minute to think a singer wore the bonnet as it symbolized a great deal to her, it wasn't worn out of disrespect or mockery, so why make a such a big deal out of it, which is why i said get the fuck over it. BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I know you haven't been in their shoes because I know someone who has, and while this isn't a personal matter to me, it is to them. It just frustrates me, after hearing from them why and how it's so offensive, seeing other people be so ignorant and rude and insensitive about the whole thing. It isn't about the fact that Lana wore the headdress, which AGAIN, seems to be what you're stuck on. It was the context. I'm not going into it because it's not my place to say, since I'm not personally offended by the situation, but it's not something to "get the fuck over" for people who personally understand why it's offensive.

I'm done.

14417469274.gif

COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC:

im gunna edit my comments on this thread to a smiley, cause they take up so much room, but my comments and opinions can still be read on responses by others if people by any chance want to read them, if ya don't want me to take them down dm i'll really don't mind if they go or if they're left?

Guest Maru the Cat

I would prefer if you did not edit multiple posts; it disrupts the forum, or more specifically, the flow of conversation.

Okay, this thread is turning into a circle-jerk. If this thread continues on this tangent, I'm locking it.

No one need reply to anyone else. The words written here already speak volumes about the character of members in the discussion. Ultimately, the community knows who has good intentions, who is ignorant, who is trying to facilitate good discussion (regardless of your stance on the matter), and who is just plain rude. I understand this is a controversial matter and heated debates can happen (I'm no stranger to making these sort of "How could some have the audacity to do ______!!!" posts, believe me :P), but an insistence on carrying on a horrible attitude despite multiple attempts by others to point out and curb their disrespectful manner is on an entirely different level. Let the posts speak for themselves; there is no need trying to convince someone that is unwilling to see past their very narrow-minded perspective.

If anyone would like to keep banging their head against a wall, please do so in PMs.

^fuck, i didn't see this, maru the cat i've deleted a few but the majority are still there, i won't delete anymore i didn't see your post until i deleted like the third or fourth(one of them) posts. I AM SORRY :(

I would like to apologise to everyone again if i offended you, i would like you to understand i respect all of your opinions and don't dismiss them likewise i would like you to respect mine even if you don't agree, and i bet most of you don't, but sorry again! :smiles:

Guest Maru the Cat

^fuck, i didn't see this, maru the cat i've deleted a few but the majority are still there, i won't delete anymore i didn't see your post until i deleted like the third or fourth(one of them) posts. I AM SORRY :(

I would like to apologise to everyone again if i offended you, i would like you to understand i respect all of your opinions and don't dismiss them likewise i would like you to respect mine even if you don't agree, and i bet most of you don't, but sorry again! :smiles:

It's fine! :)

I just wanted to say one last quick thing (i promise!) It's not directly about the turn that this conversation took, but it spawned from it.

I only frequent one other music forum, or any forum of any kind now that i think of it. It’s populated by highly esteemed, big name people in its field, and content-wise it’s one the most amazing, valuable resources of information--a lot of stuff that you can’t even find in books on the subject. The place is a treasure trove, really. However, a lot of the people there are either really unpleasant or just rub me the wrong way, so as a result, it ruins the experience a lot for me and i find myself not going there that often. My point is that it’s so different here, everybody here is so civil and friendly, which really makes it a great place to be. I find it really unfortunate when there are feuds between people, so i just want to apologize if i came across poorly or too strong in my initial response. I had a knee-jerk reaction to what cherrycola said (uh, that sounds bizarre)--which i still completely disagree with--but i don’t like getting off on the wrong foot with anyone. Sorry to all for any part i had in this.

tumblr_kw2b3na8q81qa10yio1_400_large.jpg

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein