Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

As much as y'all hope to become obscure hipster folks who are listening to INDIE ARTISTS, this will not happen. Making slow music that is not played on the charts does not make you indie, nor do

I don't WANT her to become indie and I am in no desire to become a obscure hippie. But anyways, most independent artists move out of contracts because they wanna make music that a record label wouldn't want them to make. She even mentioned how hard it was for her to convince the record label to even put out Ultraviolence. Just speculation..

Every artist craves for something besides making ~art. Grammys, Top 10s, universal acclaim, whatever. All musicians want at least one of those achievements. Me personally, when I become a musician I want to pull off at least FKA twigs numbers and be a festival highlight. Lana obviously wants to be a respected singer/songwriter and I feel like she wants something like a Grammy.

She has managed to release 4 albums without changing the core sound drastically.

In that way, she has created her own "category" in the business, whereas the majority of other artists are competing in the same category.

Maybe y'all need better headphones to notice the beauty of HM. It's everything except boring and monotonous.

She has managed to release 4 albums without changing the core sound drastically.

In that way, she has created her own "category" in the business, whereas the majority of other artists are competing in the same category.

Maybe y'all need better headphones to notice the beauty of HM. It's everything except boring and monotonous.

tea

I'm talking about the album starting with 4 slow songs and then not changing the pace from track 7 to 14

girl bai - MTWBT is a grind - honeymoon is the perfect INTRO to the album. TLY is INOCIQUE, GKIT is godsent .. HBTB is a BOP - FREAK&ARTDECO complement eachother - you can leave. 

Lana became popular because how different she was from the mainstream pop artist. I cant believe some people would like her to take more generic route, especially now when "typical" pop artists are flopping. Lets not be confused that she would sell a lot with mainstream bops, because she could easily end up like Carly (ultimate commercial floppage) if she shed any kind of identity.  

And this "drop from Interscope" talk. Interscope has many artists who sells like 50k and less first week but still are not dropped  and they are paid production by Martin Max and booked a lot of promo. Lana is not in danger in any way. 

Lana became popular because how different she was from the mainstream pop artist. I cant believe some people would like her to take more generic route, especially now when "typical" pop artists are flopping. Lets not be confused that she would sell a lot with mainstream bops, because she could easily end up like Carly (ultimate commercial floppage) if she shed any kind of identity.  

And this "drop from Interscope" talk. Interscope has many artists who sells like 50k and less first week but still are not dropped  and they are paid production by Martin Max and booked a lot of promo. Lana is not in danger in any way. 

plus she brings in touring money. not the highest but definitely not low numbers. they know the kids will buy.

And this "drop from Interscope" talk. Interscope has many artists who sells like 50k and less first week but still are not dropped and they are paid production by Martin Max and booked a lot of promo. Lana is not in danger in any way.

#preach!!!!

Sit down, and be grateful for having an artist who offers music that is different from what is usually offered

girl bai - MTWBT is a grind - honeymoon is the perfect INTRO to the album. TLY is INOCIQUE, GKIT is godsent .. HBTB is a BOP - FREAK&ARTDECO complement eachother - you can leave. 

I never said the songs were bad, but the combination of them is not the most exciting one (actually pretty monotonous). And if you would have paid attention I did not include HBTB or Freak in my statement at all.

Don't act sassy if you don't even read the post you're quoting honey

giphy.gif

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I never said the songs were bad, but the combination of them is not the most exciting one (actually pretty monotonous). And if you would have paid attention I did not include HBTB or Freak in my statement at all.

giphy.gif

you know what you said. i got what you meant.  :smokes: it's not that hard to read between the lines honey darling moon child.

giphy.gif

Didn't he rather disprove your statement by showing it's actually the opposite of "monotonous"?

Didn't he rather disprove your statement by showing it's actually the opposite of "monotonous"?

where did he show that? You can't show something that's not true. All of the songs on HM are good, you may like or dislike some of thm but the album as a whole is super monotonous and there is not much diversity.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

where did he show that? You can't show something that's not true. All of the songs on HM are good, you may like or dislike some of thm but the album as a whole is super monotonous and there is not much diversity.

well that's like saying UV, BTD & PD lacked diversity. not true.